Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Boston bombing thread. Please keep all talk here.

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

#391 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,121 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

People relating that Family guy episode to the tragedy in Boston should be ashamed of themselves.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#392 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

As someone who has run a marathon before, that is scary too see. The last thing you would have on your mind during the last few steps of your race is someone causing you or others harm, as the support you recieve during the last kilometre from the crowd is quite astonding.

Just tragic for all (runners, spectators etc.) as a day many worked hard for and had to even qualify for is ruined by someone's personal agenda. Kudos to all first responders and members of the public that got into the action right away and helped those that needed it.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#393 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

His name is Martin Richard and you can see him here in his Bruin jersey. 8 years old. Words escape me. http://bit.ly/Zvrsmn

#394 PlayoffHockey

PlayoffHockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Strange that North Koreans weren't mentioned in the MSM immediately after the bombings but "patriots" were.

Haven't they been "threatening" for the past 2 weeks ?

Alex Jones is the guy they send into "poison the well" and make anyone asking legitimate questions seem insane.

I will reserve judgement until more information is revealed.
(this is coming from a guy that thinks the Official Story of 911 is garbage and that 911 was a 100% false flag )
Posted ImagePosted Image

"I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I knew nothing about NHL GL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago. I was unattached to any team when I first started watching although I could easily have gone for the Philadelphia Flyers as my home team which I supported in my youth and for 20 years was the Fife Flyers."
~ Bodee

http://forum.canucks...me/page__st__30

#395 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

I don't think it's a coincidence that Friday is the anniversary of Waco and the Oklahoma City bombing. It's a horrible scene to see, and a tragedy, but it could have been a lot worse and I think we should be thankful that more people weren't killed, and that the other bombs were found before they could be set off.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#396 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

looks like somebody is trying to fear the US population again...

and somebody will use these explosions as an excuse to invade another country. North Korea? Iran?

but on the other side Im really pissed-off about the Brazilians in Boston and in USA. they go there for tourism or to live there and they always say "I will never return to Brazil and bla,bla,bla"

BUT when a terrorist attack, hurricane, tornado or any natural disaster occurs these Brazilians go on TV and say "I wanna return to my country now meh meh meh!"

these dummies always do this because they know that our Air Force will send airplanes to "rescue" them or will provide extra flights from our airlines (TAM, VARIG, GOL). so on the next few day zillions of brazilians return to our country crying like a baby...

When I was living in USA I faced some hurricanes, but instead of cry and feel stupid I helped many people around me, I provided food, water and radio comunication for emergency. because I was there and was able to help the local population due to my jungle experience...

time to do something about it.
Shup up and fly! you´re not payed to think, you´re payed to fly!

#397 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

So the hate mongering anti-gay Christian fundies at the Westboro Baptist Church are planning to picket the funerals of the people who died during the explosions at the Boston marathon.

WBC issued this press release:

Posted Image

Perhaps the Boston police should just pull their security cordon back a couple of hundred yards and let the WBC deliver its message directly to mourners at the funerals? That should do it, eh?

In a tweeting binge following the explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday, the Westboro Baptist Church celebrated the carnage and announced its intention to picket the funerals of victims.

The tiny Topeka, Kan., fundamentalist group urged the U.S. government to "reinstate" the death penalty for homosexuality and warned "violence will fully consume u [sic]" if that doesn't happen. Most of the church's tweets said same-sex marriage caused the bombing, but others mentioned abortion and supposed mistreatment of the church.

A news release dated April 15 announced the church's intention to picket the funerals of the three bombing victims. Massachusetts, the release says, "invited this special wrath from God Almighty when it was the FIRST STATE to pass same-sex marriage" in 2004. "Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of those dead by Boston Bombs! GOD SENT THE BOMBS IN FURY OVER cigarette MARRIAGE! #PraiseGod," said a tweet from the church's @WBCFliers account.

"THANK GOD FOR THE BOSTON MARATHON BOMBS!! Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of those killed. #PraiseGod," said another tweet from the @WBCSays account.

The church did not respond to an email from U.S. News seeking details about the picket plans. The church's phone line was consistently busy Tuesday. There are no Massachusetts events currently listed on the church's online protest schedule.

A similar plan by the church to picket the funeral of the elementary school principal who was murdered in the December Newtown, Conn., school shooting was unsuccessful, The Huffington Post reported, because volunteers blocked access to the funeral until church members changed their plans.

One tweet from @WBCSays Tuesday featured a photo of a man comforting a female victim with blood splattered along a Boston sidewalk. "LOOK at this image - sent directly fm God! He promised to cast ur bloody carcasses on ur flag idol! #WBCIsSoThankful," said the church.

Church pastor Fred Phelps - the aging patriarch who is related to most congregation members - said in a comment released on Twitter, "God is busy punishing those who've mistreated His people for preaching." Another tweet said, "Memo to Boston police: Is it time to re-think that mistreat and abuse WBC policy you implemented many years ago?!?!"

The church also said that the death of 8-year-old Martin Richard was God's punishment. "His blood is on YOUR hands. Died for #SSM," tweeted church member Margie Phelps.

The church is infamous for picketing the funerals of fallen soldiers with vulgar anti-gay signs and posters. They often picket for maximum exposure and are frequently greeted by irate locals.

A significant stream of income for the church comes from lawsuits, many arguing that state and local laws – or enforcement of the laws – violate members' First Amendment rights.

In reaction to Westboro's spiteful piety, a petition on the White House's "We the People" website urges authorities to "ban" the church members from entering Boston.

http://www.usnews.co...ist-church-says
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#398 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

The above post is absolutely unbelievable ... how can a church be like this... :|

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#399 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,105 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Why do you give them more PR? Pathetic.

#400 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

the church is delusional........too bad they can't be arrested because of free speech.........they could be responsible for what happen

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#401 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

The above post is absolutely unbelievable ... how can a church be like this... :|

According to the WBC - God Hates Canada due to "Canada's Filthy Manner of Life":

Starting with an aggressive demonstration on Parliament Hill in 1971, the ???? have gotten a stranglehold on Canada ... and have had an easy job doing so. In rapid succession, the governmental forces of the Canadian provinces and at the federal level gave into every demand, including special employment protection in all government positions, full and open access to their military, promoting cigarette immigration into Canada, and amending their governmental Charters of Rights and Freedoms (functional equivalent of their constitution) to add sexual orientation as a protected class.

One of the many ultra-liberal, perverse religious organizations in Canada makes itself very busy promoting the cigarette cause, including cigarette marriage. An example of its passionate pleas: The majority of Canadian adults favor SSM [same sex marriage] and regard marriage as a fundamental human right. Many feel that maintaining second-class citizenship for same-sex couples is profoundly immoral. Most feel that granting marriage rights to those same-sex couples who want to marry would strengthen the institution of marriage.

Describing the rapid and eager slide into moral poison on this issue, one religious tolerance group brags about how Canada became only the third political jurisdiction in the world to allow cigarette couples to marry (behind Holland and Belgium) when the province of Ontario declared such marriages legal in 2003. From there, it was a happy hop, skip and jump to today, where cigarette marriages are legally allowed in 100% of Canadian jurisdictions:

On 2005-FEB-01, the federal government introduced bill C-38 to legalize SSM from sea onto sea. The main result of the bill would be that about 10% of same-sex couples who wish to get married will be able to do it more conveniently -- without the nuisance of having to leave their province or territory of residence. Also, their status would be raised from simple roommates to a married couple in their province or territory of residence.

As of 2005-JUL-19, courts had ruled that same-sex couples can now marry in eight out of the ten provinces of Canada, and in one out of the three territories. A court case was active at the time in the Northwest Territories. Alberta remained intransigent. Prince Edward Island had announced that it was planning to legalize SSM.

Bill C-38 passed its final vote in the House of Commons during the evening of 2005-JUN-28. The vote was 158 to 133. The bill passed its final vote in the Senate by a vote of 47 to 21 with three abstentions on 2005-JUL-19. It was signed into law on 2005-JUL-20 by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada. The Governor General, who usually proclaims legislation, was incapacitated for medical reasons.

As of 2005-JUL-20, 99.6% of the population of Canada lived in a jurisdiction where same-sex couples can marry. On 2005-AUG-19, PEI capitulated, and this became 100%.

But, Canadas wholesale acceptance of cigarette marriage is just the latest in its long and rich history of accepting and promoting sexual perversion. In a paper entitled Canadas Legal Age of Consent to Sexual Activity, published by their fancy Library of Parliament, Parliamentary Information and Research Service, Law and Government Division, the grotesque yet proudly-held history of Canada in refusing to put any restrictions on any sexual activity involving anyone aged 14 or over (or even as young as 12 if deemed consensual) is declared for all to see Canadas open shame. The Canadians are big on pomp and circumstance that is, big on idols but they are woefully short on decency and even basic protection of their children.

Toronto markets itself as cigarette friendly: Made famous by Showtimes Queer as Folk, Toronto has one of the strongest gay & lesbian communities in all of Canada. ... Toronto has taken some strong steps in marketing itself to the GLBT community, including hosting the IGLTA Convention in 2009. Tourism Toronto is also making outreach in marketing to the gay & lesbian community. With gay marriage now legal in Toronto and the entire province of Ontario, many of these campaigns have focused not only on some of the arts & entertainment aspects of the city, but also some of the newly-developed gay wedding and marriage services now offered in Toronto. ... Of course, lets not forget Remingtons, the local strip club that is famous the world over for their beautiful erotic dancers from all over Canada ... Barf bag, please.

Warning To God's Elect: Leave Canada NOW!!! "And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, come out of her my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." Rev. 18:4

Sexual trafficking (report from http://www.state.gov...2008/105386.htm)

Canada is a source, transit, and destination country for men, women, and children trafficked for the purposes of commercial sexual exploitation and forced labor. Women and children are trafficked primarily from Asia and Eastern Europe for sexual exploitation, but victims from Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean also have been identified in Canada. Many trafficking victims are from Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam, and South Korea, in addition to Russia and Ukraine. Asian victims tend to be trafficked more frequently to Vancouver and Western Canada, while Eastern European and Latin American victims are trafficked more often to Toronto and Eastern Canada. A significant number of victims, particularly South Korean females, are trafficked through Canada to the United States. Canada is a source country for sex tourism, and NGOs report that Canada is also a destination country, particularly for sex tourists from the United States. Canadian girls and women, many of whom are aboriginal, are trafficked internally for commercial sexual exploitation. NGOs report that Canada is a destination for foreign victims trafficked for labor exploitation; many of these victims enter Canada legally but then are unlawfully exploited in agriculture and domestic servitude.

There is no hope for Canada. God hates Canada!

http://www.godhatest...nneroflife.html

That is fine... Canada does not much like the WBC.

Our border guards are under direction to intercept them and turn them back for hate speech.

In 2008 a few managed to sneak across the border to protest at the funeral of Tim McLean who had been beheaded by a mentally disturbed man but faced with possible arrest and deportation, they did not follow through with their plans.

However, Phelps-Roper said the reaction the group has raised from some police and public officials has her questioning whether the planned protest will go ahead.

"The question to my mind [is] whether or not we ought to get them the heck out of that country, because that's some crazy stuff when you've got your officials talking like they are in a back-alley brawl and not government officials who took an oath to obey the law and so forth."

Phelps-Roper said she would advise church members not to go ahead with the protest if there is a concern they might be arrested or harmed.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ro-protest.html

Edited by Wetcoaster, 16 April 2013 - 03:46 PM.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

#402 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Can we not base all christians off the above mentioned post? Every type of characteristics have their extremes.

#403 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

If a bomb went off at the Westberro Baptist Church, would they blame it on God hating ???? in America too?

Posted Image

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#404 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

So, apparently they were talking about how the bombs were rigged pressure cookers? I'm not a detective but perhaps authorities should start start investigating into purchases at stores of two pressure cookers bought on the same day. Who buys two pressure cookers? Perhaps the individual already owned them, perhaps they were bought at different stores and at different days or perhaps two were purchased on the same day at the same store. There's a lead?
Posted Image

#405 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

If a bomb went off at the Westberro Baptist Church, would they blame it on God hating ???? in America too?

Posted Image

You think of all the psychopaths in America and these WBC scum have yet to be hit? If an Adam Lanza or James Holmes decided to stroll into their church in Kansas to raise hell, I'd probably applaud. Just sayin'. These scumbags offer nothing to society.
Posted Image

#406 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

So, apparently they were talking about how the bombs were rigged pressure cookers? I'm not a detective but perhaps authorities should start start investigating into purchases at stores of two pressure cookers bought on the same day. Who buys two pressure cookers? Perhaps the individual already owned them, perhaps they were bought at different stores and at different days or perhaps two were purchased on the same day at the same store. There's a lead?

In a bombing in BC many years back, the bomb was rigged in a kettle and was traced back to catch the bomber.

#407 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Can we not base all christians off the above mentioned post? Every type of characteristics have their extremes.

And who did that?

#408 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

People still think the WBC actually believes what it says?

#409 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

i don't know why anyone's surprised about the high police presence and bomb sniffing dogs before the explosion. just because some random guy never noticed them before doesn't mean they weren't there. having been to several such events, it's not at all unusual.

any event with lots of people draws the dogs and cops. not at all unusual to see them at fenway, the garden, or any other major event.

edit: not to mention that boston emergency services drill all the time, so it's not suspicious they were drilling before the race. it was amazing to see how efficiently the various emergency branches secured downtown and got the injured to area hospitals. that seamless coordination doesn't come without intense, frequent drilling, and it's probably the reason the casualties weren't greater.

I think you're missing the point. Having bomb-sniffing dogs at such events is a good thing. This is not the issue and I am amused by certain comments by the usual suspects along these lines that ignore the actual issue...not that this is of any surprise, but anyway.

The issue is that there were bomb-sniffing dogs as part of a training drill that involved bombs being planted or detonated at the marathon when in fact there were actually bombs planted and detonated during the marathon.

Police confirmed only two bombs yet the Boston Globe tweeted that police would be involved in 'controlled explosions as part of bomb squad activities'.

Just like on 9/11 where there were 'terror drills' that involved planes being hijacked and planes hitting the WTC on the same day that planes actually were supposedly hijacked and hit the WTC.

Just like on 7/7 when there were 'terror drills' in London of subway cars and buses being bombed on a day where there actually were subway cars and buses being bombed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpRQTD21H2A

Now you can argue this is all a mere coincidence of course...

The easiest way to carry out a false flag attack is by setting up a military exercise that simulates the very attack you want to carry out.
(Captain Eric H. May, who is a former Army NCO and officer, with specialties in nuclear, biological and chemical warfare, military intelligence and public affairs. He is also a former NBC editorial writer who has published widely, from Military Intelligence Magazine to The Wall Street Journal)

Edited by DarthNinja_S19Blade, 16 April 2013 - 05:28 PM.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#410 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

dp

Edited by DarthNinja_S19Blade, 16 April 2013 - 05:15 PM.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#411 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

dp

Edited by DarthNinja_S19Blade, 16 April 2013 - 05:24 PM.

**RETIRED...**

#412 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

I think you're missing the point. Having bomb-sniffing dogs at such events is a good thing. This is not the issue and I am amused by certain comments by the usual suspects along these lines that ignore the actual issue...not that this is of any surprise, but anyway.

The issue is that there were bomb-sniffing dogs as part of a training drill that involved bombs being planted or detonated at the marathon when in fact there were actually bombs planted and detonated during the marathon.

Police confirmed only two bombs yet the Boston Globe tweeted that police would be involved in 'controlled explosions as part of bomb squad activities'.

Just like on 9/11 where there were 'terror drills' that involved planes being hijacked and planes hitting the WTC on the same day that planes actually were supposedly hijacked and hit the WTC.

Just like on 7/7 when there were 'terror drills' in London of subway cars and buses being bombed on a day where there actually were subway cars and buses being bombed.

Now you can argue this is all a mere coincidence of course...

Ummm... don't you think a drill for a bomb being planted at a massive public event is a pretty ordinary thing?

Also, plane hijacking drills are a regular part of NORAD's training. They also do drills for an atomic attack etc... Plane hijackings occur regularly, and it's something that NORAD should be prepared for:

http://en.wikipedia....raft_hijackings

The only coincidence is that NORAD was holding their regular drills around the time of 9/11.

Edit: Quick question. What is the benefit of having a drill just prior to a false flag operation? With all the internet sleuths out there, wouldn't you want to avoid that at all costs?

Edited by taxi, 16 April 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#413 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

It seems the lessons learned in analyzing hours of video evidence from the Vancouver Stanley Cup Riot may be of use in this investigation.

Faced with the daunting prospect of having to pore through thousands of images and hours of video, investigators probing the twin bombings at the Boston Marathon may well turn to Vancouver for help, a forensic video analyst in the United States said Tuesday.

Following the Stanley Cup riots in 2011, Vancouver police had to process more than 5,000 hours of video collected from numerous sources.

“The understanding of the power of this evidence, of social media, and the ability of law enforcement to leverage the Internet as successfully as Vancouver did was unprecedented. No one’s done it since,” said Grant Fredericks, an instructor with the non-profit Law Enforcement and Emergency Services Video Association, which helped Vancouver process the video.

“I can guarantee they will be looking at that Vancouver model.”

At a news conference in Boston Tuesday, police and federal agents investigating the detonation of two bombs that killed three people and wounded more than 170 appealed to the public for any video, audio and photos — even images that people might not think are significant.

“There has to be hundreds, if not thousands, of photos and videos” state police Col. Timothy Alben said.

Boston police Commissioner Edward Davis said investigators had also gathered a large number of surveillance tapes from businesses in the area and intended to go through each video frame by frame.

“This is probably one of the most photographed areas in the country yesterday,” he said.

Fredericks, a former Vancouver officer, said it would not surprise him if, in the coming days, authorities in Boston become overwhelmed with evidence, as Vancouver was in the immediate aftermath of the Stanley Cup riot.

“They’ll be saying, ‘Uh-oh. Now what do we do?’” he said.

The day after the riot, Vancouver police gave out instructions for how the public could anonymously send videos to investigators.

A couple months later, riot investigators took the “extraordinary” step of launching a website loaded with images of suspected rioters and asking for the public’s help in identifying those who were involved in destroying businesses, looting stores or setting fires.

Investigators also took all their video evidence to a one-of-a-kind multimedia lab at the University of Indianapolis equipped to process large volumes of video data.

There, they teamed up with Fredericks and a “response team” of about 50 forensic video experts from Canada, the U.S. and Britain.

For two weeks, the analysts converted each piece of video into a standard format and then “tagged” the evidence by assigning numeric codes to each suspect based on their physical characteristics, such as the type and colour of clothing they were wearing.

Once all the codes were entered into a video management system, investigators could return to Vancouver and query the system to see if a person suspected of committing a crime at one location might also have popped up at other locations that same night.

The same method of cataloguing video data could be used in the Boston case, Fredericks said.

Initially, investigators reviewing video from the marathon will likely be homing in on men wearing backpacks who seem out of place. Once a suspect has been identified, the database can be queried to see if that same person turns up elsewhere.

Investigators will want to know what method of transportation they used and whether they were with anyone else.

“Vancouver has developed processes and procedures that the federal government in the U.S. would have a hard time matching. The FBI isn’t in the business of working with the public to gather evidence like this,” Fredericks said.

“The ability to mass process and the ability to examine thousands of hours of video requires the kind of model that Vancouver set up — it requires eyes, a lot of people.”

Unlike what TV crime shows might suggest, “there’s no automated process to do it.”

Const. Brian Montague, a spokesman for the Vancouver Police Department, said Tuesday he was not aware of any requests for assistance in the Boston case.

But, “if asked, we would assist in any way we could.”

http://www.canada.com/Boston+bombing+investigators+turn+Vancouver+help+analyzing+videos/8251666/story.html#ixzz2Qg6N1eVo

#414 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Ummm... don't you think a drill for a bomb being planted at a massive public event is a pretty ordinary thing?

Ummm...no, I don't think it is an ordinary thing at all. The ordinary thing would be for law enforcement and defense to be highly vigilant and alert instead of distracted and unfocused on the actual event.

Also, plane hijacking drills are a regular part of NORAD's training. They also do drills for an atomic attack etc... Plane hijackings occur regularly, and it's something that NORAD should be prepared for:

http://en.wikipedia....raft_hijackings

The only coincidence is that NORAD was holding their regular drills around the time of 9/11.

When coincidences happen over and over again, it tends to stop becoming a coincidence. That's precisely the point.

Edit: Quick question. What is the benefit of having a drill just prior to a false flag operation? With all the internet sleuths out there, wouldn't you want to avoid that at all costs?

I will simply repeat:

"The easiest way to carry out a false flag attack is by setting up a military exercise that simulates the very attack you want to carry out."
(Captain Eric H. May, who is a former Army NCO and officer, with specialties in nuclear, biological and chemical warfare, military intelligence and public affairs. He is also a former NBC editorial writer who has published widely, from Military Intelligence Magazine to The Wall Street Journal)

I realize it might be severely challenging for the mainstream media sleuths to understand at any cost though...

Edited by DarthNinja_S19Blade, 16 April 2013 - 06:39 PM.

**RETIRED...**

#415 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Very interesting read and strange to see that such bitter hockey city rivals could now work together for a greater cause. @wets post

Edited by Special Ed, 16 April 2013 - 06:34 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#416 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Wow, the conspiracy nuts are running wild.

It was the government.

666 Street where the finish line was = Illuminati are behind this.

People missing their legs are just actors.

There's so much horsecrap on the internet it's almost tiring just looking at the verbal diarrhea people spew out.
Posted Image

#417 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Wow, the conspiracy nuts are running wild.

It was the government.

666 Street where the finish line was = Illuminati are behind this.

People missing their legs are just actors.

There's so much horsecrap on the internet it's almost tiring just looking at the verbal diarrhea people spew out.

There is horsecrap flying from every direction. If you're only paying attention to one direction, you are likely half-covered in horse crap.

**RETIRED...**

#418 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

This thread was interesting to catch up on updates, stories from the people affected and genuine thought. Now, religion, conspiracy seem to have tainted this thread.
Posted Image

#419 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

There is horsecrap flying from every direction. If you're only paying attention to one direction, you are likely half-covered in horse crap.

Says the conspiracy nut. :lol:

#420 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Says the conspiracy nut. :lol:

Says the indoctrinated lawyer. :lol:

**RETIRED...**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.