The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boston bombing thread. Please keep all talk here.

DonLever

You mean like those Muslims Adam Lanza, James Holmes, and Wade Michael Page? (Just for you I thought I should add that none of those men were Muslim)

I'm curious to hear what current events where innocent people have been killed in the US you have been hearing about?

Regardless, I'm sure for whatever faulty reasoning you have you have made up your mind that anything bad is a result of Muslims, and I'm really not inclined to waste any more time pointing out those flaws to you.

I didn't know Boston was in Iraq or Afghanistan. Did you take the location into consideration in your guessing game? it's nice that you threw in domestic terrorism as a possibility at the end there. With international terrorism and domestic terrorism, you've covered 100% of the possibilities.

Our world SUCKS. I am sick to my stomach to come home, turn on the TV and find out some retards (or retarded organization) decided to bomb a freaking marathon and kill/dismember/injure many innocent human beings. I am also sick to read some of the Bruins fans joke. Show some class.

RIP.

Everyone is going all muslim happy now on the news and stuff. I know the marathon is a big thing, but it's honestly not something I could see a more 'sophisticated' thing like Al Qaede or North Korea targetting. To me anyway, seems like domestic terrorism. Probably some white guy trying to draw attention to something. I almost hope it is, so all these muslim bashing racist asshats don't have something to go off on.

Everyone is going all muslim happy now on the news and stuff. I know the marathon is a big thing, but it's honestly not something I could see a more 'sophisticated' thing like Al Qaede or North Korea targetting. To me anyway, seems like domestic terrorism. Probably some white guy trying to draw attention to something. I almost hope it is, so all these muslim bashing racist asshats don't have something to go off on.

The National Hockey League game between the Boston Bruins and the Ottawa Senators scheduled for Monday night at TD Garden was postponed hours after multiple explosions near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

No makeup date for the game was announced by the NHL.

"After consultation with City, State and NHL officials we collectively made the decision to postpone tonight's game. Public safety personnel from the City and State are still gathering information regarding today's events and it is vital they have all resources available for their investigation,"Boston Bruins president Cam Neely said in a statement. "The thoughts and prayers of everyone in the Bruins organization are with the city of Boston and all those affected by today's tragedy."

At least two explosions occurred just before 3 p.m. in Copley Square, near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing at least two people and injuring several dozen others.

"The National Hockey League wishes to express its sympathy to all affected by the tragic events that took place in Boston earlier this afternoon," the League said in a statement announcing the postponement at 4:55 p.m. ET

Several NHL teams and players took to Twitter to express their grief and support for the victims and the city of Boston.

Players from both teams had started reporting to TD Garden for the game when they were informed it had been postponed. No players spoke before leaving the building.

"The thoughts and prayers of the entire Ottawa Senators organization are with those people affected by today's tragic events in Boston," Senators general manager Bryan Murray said in a statement. "We fully support the National Hockey League's decision to postpone tonight's game. Our entire team is safe and together. If possible, we are hoping to return to Ottawa this evening."

Ottawa has a home game Tuesday night against the Carolina Hurricanes. Boston plays again on Wednesday against the Buffalo Sabres at the TD Garden.

The NHL regular season ends April 27.

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Archived