The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boston bombing thread. Please keep all talk here.

DonLever

Because it is not right that if a bomb goes off people want to kill EVERY MUSLIM EVER. It has gotten to the point in the US that it almost -needs- to be a white guy, so they can stop getting so much ammunition to hate everyone but themselves. I, as a white person, am embarrassed for and by my entire similar skinned ethnicity that there are so many white people that are dumb as crap, and even worse, in power. The amount of racism and bigotry is outstanding. Now, of course there is non-white people who are hateful, angry people and just as bad. But right now, in the US especially, there are a lot of racist WHITE people, with a lot of power, that are absolutely stupid, and should not have control over anything when they will spread so much hatred toward people that don't look like them.

It's not even 'anti-white' or 'pro-muslim'. I just seriously hope it's a white guy because it's not right how many racist people try to immediately start a war against every person ever that is not white when something like this happens.

Obviously when something hits close to home, it's more prevalent here....it's nothing suspect or worth condemning. Nor is it anything to do with self righteousness, it's just how it is.

It's a current issue that's based "at home" so of course it'll make the news in a "breaking" way. It affects us and, sadly, that's how most people respond. But to diminish the capacity or magnitude of the event because "it happens elsewhere" is wrong. Do we ignore something currently going down in our backyard because we don't have daily reports of other similar world events posted?

I'm sorry but you're overreacting to a comment that was only expressing gratitude for the life they have while giving condolences to those whose lives just got a big dose of tragedy.

There was no malice, no arrogance. Maybe better words could've been chosen, that's about it. All I have to say about that, you clearly look into comments in a different way.

The point is that it is so easily brushed off by changing the channel or a quick " that's too bad " before continuing one's daily life when these kinds of things happen elsewhere.

The terror, pain, suffering, and loss experienced today in Boston is happening all too frequently around the World. In some cases people experience this almost daily. I wouldn't dismiss today's events by saying it happens elsewhere frequently, but i'd stop and think how important this is, how tragic, how much pain this causes and really bring some form of understanding as to whats going on elsewhere.

Archived