Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apricot

Bomb Blasts in Iraq

142 posts in this topic

Sorry Hartnell, I got your message. I'm sorry man, I really am. This is a very sensitive topic for me. I am a student of Mesopotamian history and have become very attached to some of these ancient cultures. That the British, and then the American strategy has seemingly, since the 19th century, been to wipe them out makes my blood boil. The strategy is now being employed by Obama in Syria with his support of the Jihadists,

I'm quitting this thread before I go on a ten page history tangent.

This is my last comment to you on this subject keke. I sent you a PM detailing my perspective on this, I was very clear, I was very respectful. You on the other hand have spun my posts somehow translating my being indifferent to this particular situation because it involves religious extremists and the US sticking their nose where it doesn't belong and holy crap what ELSE is new. I already said on more than one occasion that the US shouldn't have been in Iraq in the first place yet you have the GALL to presume that because I'm not bawling my eyes out over the extinction of some archaic religious sect that I'm somehow ok with genocide. Un freaking believable. I'm indifferent to this because I can do NOTHING about this. That sentence does not translate to "Oh yeah buddy I'm all in favor of genocide...paging Dr. Mengele". Give me a break.

May God help the innocent victims and families of those in Boston, Iraq, and everywhere else. Sometimes you just get sad over the state of the world... at least there is still some good but it's a tough world especially for those who've felt the affects of bombings such as the ones that happened today.

Everytime something tragic happens, no matter where it is, someone has made a thread about it. No one had made a thread about this, so I thought I should. I know a lot of people who have made facebook statuses and tweets saying they have their thoughts and prayers to everyone in Boston. Why not tell people to leave some for the people in Iraq? Is that a wrong thing for me to do?

I don't need google "buddy". Reilgion is on its way out...and I won't be missing it when it is. It's nothing more than a nuisance that obstructs any kind of other business. Incidentally...I find it ironic you mention the Catholics..tell me.."buddy"..if jesus were alive today...do you honestly think he'd be living in anything that even REMOTELY resembles the Vatican? Oh yeah...and you can go right ahead and support an organization that harbors and shelters pedophiles if you like...I find it reprehensible.

just gonna comment one thing about the pedophile excuse because i saw that coming from a mile away before you posted, people like you love to use that excuse. so tell me, where in the bible does it say that's its ok to be a pedophile? also based on your opinion its only those scary catholics who like to be pedophiles, we all know that non catholics are angels without sins right?

p.s. if you're so upset about the vatican "sheltering" pedophiles maybe, just maybe you shouldn't direct your frustration at it but instead on the authorities / police. vatican doesn't run prisons.

the "pedophile excuse"? Really? That's even more reprehensible because it actually sounds like you're DEFENDING it. I believe my frustration is directed at PRECISELY the right place, thanks.

you're grasping at straws. i'm not defending anything. if my kid got raped by a priest, i wouldn't blame the vatican /church. i would call the police, kapisch?

For the record...if my kid got raped by a priest...I'd be murdering a priest...I wouldn't be calling the police who likely would take the side of the church to start with.

The Catholic Church - No Child's Behind Left

Thank you Hitch. I'm done with all this bull crap for now. It bores me to tears.

No...I'm actually not. You're the one trying to "justify" this reprehensible behavior by asking "what does the bible say about it" or inferring that I think non catholics are angels without sin..well since "sin" was an invention of the Catholic church in the first place...and it's "capisce"...not kapisch. Capisce?

PS: I'm nonreligious...so **** what the bible says about it.

The Catholic Church - No Child's Behind Left

Thank you Hitch. I'm done with all this bull crap for now. It bores me to tears.

guess what i'm not that religious myself but i respect people who believe in it and don't throw them all under the bus. since you like to revert to the F bomb already [pretty early to do that bro, sign of weakness] what's next "yo momma jokes"?

but of course they would. you're not assuming that or anything.

42 is a number to be added to the genocidial war crimes that the previous American Administration under Bush and Cheney should be on trial for at the war crimes tribunal.

Guess which explosion today is going to be considered by the news the more serious tragedy?

One last comment. I respect the believers for being so incredibly steadfast in what they believe that they actually eschew real science in favor of pseudoscience and downright absurdities like the Creation myth...but I do NOT respect the belief. The belief is immature and highly illogical.

It's interesting, there were many charismatic exorcists and miracle workers, healers, sages and holy men around in this era of Jesus. He just happened to be the Wayne Gretzky of his calling.. Two others of note were Apollonius of Tyana and Paul of Tarsus. The link included provides a table comparing the careers of these three contemporaries. That Jesus' legend and works should live on for two thousand years is quite impressive.

Table comparing the lives and works of Apollonius, Jesus, and Paul. Interesting stuff:

http://www.truthbeknown.com/apollonius.html