The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bomb Blasts in Iraq

Apricot

What can I do about it? Can I walk out onto the front line and place flowers in rifle barrels? The US has long been "Billy Badass" and until someone of equal stature bitch slaps them one good time they will never stop sticking their nose into ther countries' business, they will never stop invading places under false pretenses

A Third-Party candidate would be ideal...there's no questioning that....the problem is that the two party system has been a fixture in American politics for so long there don't exist enough Progressives to make something like that happen, unfortunately. You mention genocide...the Americans are doing to the culture in Assyria, Mesopotamia exactly what the Christian crusaders did to the Pagans. Forcing their way of life, their culture...onto those who already have established a thriving and viable culture on their own. Using buzzwords like "liberate" when they really mean "assimilate". It's repulsive.

Ok, so the religion debate's getting out of hand for no good reason already. Good thing I was here in time for that.

So, just to be clear, every time a bombing of this magnitude happens anywhere in the world, you're ready to create a thread to discuss it and how terrible it is? Or are you only now deliberately pointing out the Iraq bombings just due to the coverage in Boston?

You've already said you overreacted a bit, and it's not that the thread is a bad idea, but consider your motives.

Everytime something tragic happens, no matter where it is, someone has made a thread about it. No one had made a thread about this, so I thought I should. I know a lot of people who have made facebook statuses and tweets saying they have their thoughts and prayers to everyone in Boston. Why not tell people to leave some for the people in Iraq? Is that a wrong thing for me to do?

Most people don`t realize that there are still practicing Gnostics left in the world. Iraq had a population of the last Gnostics left in the world. 70,000 Sabian-Mandeans. They revere John the Baptist and have been around since Biblical times. They speak their own dialect of Aramaic, Mandaic. They are facing extinction due to the American war.

http://www.genocidewatch.org/images/Iraq_09_11_XX_Mandaean_Human_Rights_Annual_Report.pdf

http://www.mandaeanunion.org/HMRG/EN_HMRG_015.html

Most people don`t realize that there are still practicing Gnostics left in the world. Iraq had a population of the last Gnostics left in the world. 70,000 Sabian-Mandeans. They revere John the Baptist and have been around since Biblical times. They speak their own dialect of Aramaic, Mandaic. They are facing extinction due to the American war.

http://www.genocidew...nual_Report.pdf

http://www.mandaeanu...N_HMRG_015.html

"Biblical times" is a highly debatable point. If I were to assume that any of the historical "narratives" I'll call them just for clarity...have any authenticity about them, which I highly doubt by the way...but I digress again...then revering "John the Baptist" may actually mean something to me. As I genuinely believe that the bible is a collection of cute stories with a moral lesson...even if they are completely fabricated..like Aesop's fables...and as such highly doubt that "John the Baptist" ever actually lived. Gnostic means "knowing" or "to know"..from the root word "gnosis"...and since no one actually "knows" anything about any subject that religion deals with..what happens after death, whether or not there's a heaven or hell (highly implausible)..that actually means nothing to me either. Sorry. It's very sad that they are facing extinction, and APPALLING that it is because of the US's involvement..but I honestly don't care what happens to a group of religious adherents. I just don't.

Well the have recorded their own history. It`s all in writing. Think of Christians and Gnostics in terms of being the indigenous equivalent of our native Indians, the pre-Arab, pre_Islamic ancient peoples of the land, with their own pre-Arabic, pre-Islamic languages, customs, and beliefs. I`m sorry you hate people for their beliefs Hartnell, I really am.

Here is a link to the Assyrian Christian early history, The Chronicle of Arbela, beginning 104 AD, translated to English from Aramaic

http://www.humanitie...cleofArbela.pdf:

http://www.humanitie...cleofArbela.pdf

Again...putting words in my mouth...I have NEVER used the word "hate". I don't "hate" people because of their beliefs...I dislike the way the beliefs have been corrupted from their original philosophies into hate and fear mongering backed by greed and intolerance. That's what I "hate".

For example...I "hate" how a religion founded upon the teachings of the kindest, most gentle of men who supposedly ever lived has the audacity to intrude upon the lives of those whom they disagree with...whether it be marriage, abortion, etc...Religion needs to stay the hell out of everyone else's business. That's what the main problem is. I mean jesus h christ when Chick Fil-A starts spouting homophobic propaganda and politicizing food I have a MAJOR issue with that.

But if your okay with the Kurds massacring the Assyrian Christians and driving them off of the Nineveh plains, where their ancestors have lived for 5,000 years under the watchful eye of the American army so that they can occupy their towns and villages and use their ancient churches, some 1,800 years old, to house their livestock, well then.........

But if your okay with the Kurds massacring the Assyrian Christians and driving them off of the Nineveh plains, where their ancestors have lived for 5,000 years under the watchful eye of the American army so that they can occupy their towns and villages and use their ancient churches, some 1,800 years old, to house their livestock, well then.........

Archived