The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Irreplaceable

Drew1

To see how Kesler has played in his few games this season, it really makes you realize how much he was not at 100% last season at all. He is flying out there! Really could not have been better timing the way he came back, he'll be right in the sweet spot when the playoffs start: no wear and tear, but with his timing and energy right where they should be.

Bad attitude? Spoiled? Selfish? Wow!

The guy works his bag off, is given all the toughest defensive assignments, blocks a tonne of shots, plays through injury and seems to get along with all his teammates. Yeah you guys clearly know what makes up a "bad attitude" player and what makes up a "team" player. He may rub other teams and their fans the wrong way constantly but he is exactly the type of player you want on your team.

I dislike the diving as much as anyone but that's about the only problem I have with his game. Last season he looked to shoot all the time when sometimes he should have passed but I would attribute that to his success from the season before (41 goals) and maybe being overconfident. He seems to have been humbled and corrected that this year though using his teammates much more. He matures more and more into a leader year after year. Just look at the emotional lift he gives to the team when he's on the ice. They are a different team with him in the lineup.

I think he is the future captain of the Canucks but it probably won't be for years because I don't see Henrik retiring anytime soon. If he can stay healthy, he is the most versatile player on this team. Don't ever see him breaking the century mark though. Maybe 90 points in a stellar season someday but I'll take his 70-80 points and defensive presence all day long.

You're crazy, Kesler's an intense competitor who wants to win, how is that a bad attitude? Would you say Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan has a bad attitude? Not saying Kesler's where those guys were but I think Kesler's got the same sort of style in how he approaches the game and to say he has a "bad attitude" is just stupid. Why would you come on here just to rip on one of the Canucks' best players? C'mon!

Well, I'm speaking from the tip of my tongue now and fully prepared to take a bashing for it. I think Kesler is a wonderful talent and brings a lot of energy to the team. It's the little things that make me say hmmm about his attitude and could be a perception thing on my end. The first game we played after David Booth's injury(can't remember who we played) they showed Booth and Kesler in the press box watching the game. Booth had tears in his eyes with his hands clenched in front of his face and Kesler was kicked back in the chair like he was bored. AND, who goes to a Rhianna concert instead of being at Roger's to support your team? As far as his PR at Save On foods and Tim Hortons that's exactly what it was. Shoot, he even acted smug and full of himself when Kathy Anderson did the Breaking The Ice Segment on the Millionaires Sweaters preview. Ok there are my reasons for thinking his attitude needs to be checked, especially before he enters the TEAM locker room where it is all about team ,not just about him. rant/

Archived