The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Irreplaceable

Drew1

I have never once questioned his talent. I just cant stand his I am better than you attitude, why does he have a to be an A-hole to everyone around him?? There are better players than him now and there will be better players than him when he retires...he doesnt need to go around acting like hes God. Just my two cents.

Yes. He has the heart of a champion. It was plain to see in the gold medal game. Plus that game could have went either way. Canada didn't dominate that game, we we're lucky to win it. Plus the highest scoring guy isn't always a shoe in for captaincy. That mindset would have made Pavel Bure captain and that would have been a mistake. Plus, Kess plays at both ends of the rink and his work ethic on the ice is a perfect example to set. Not to mention his own NHL hardware.I would love our capitain to be a guy who grew up dreaming of winning the Stanley Cup. I think that makes a huge difference

I don't think he's a bad guy, he just needs to grow up a bit. He has tons of heart and tenacity, you can tell he wants to win as much as anyone but he just needs to focus.

Don't look to embellish penalties or get frustrated when none are called. Just play the game like the monster he is and don't forget about the team. He'll figure it out sooner or later.

Follow the team and it is abundantly obvious.

Kesler is the leader of the anti-AV faction.That much is well known.

So,Kesler's attitude has become so stinky that now Gillis is going to have to make a decision to tell Kes to take a hike or can his own coach.

Then again,Gillis can ignore it as he is pretty good at ignoring major issues the team has,like this one that has been going on in public for over a year now.

I say trade him with Luo.Love his game.His attitude stinks.

WE may have to find out if he's replacable if AV keeps using him like he has. THey guy has only been back 4 games after almost a year off for surgeries an tehn a broken foot adn against St Louis he had the most minutes of any forward and was killing penalties late in teh game (and blocking shots).

Athletes that are tired, make mistakes and that's when they often get injured. Kes isn't yet in 100% game shape. For AV to be riding him this hard so soon, could end badly.

I hope last night wasn't a taste of AV"s strategy for when things get tight in the playoffs. May as well not dress the bottom 6 until the top 6 are all injured.

I like what Kesler brings when he just plays the game. What part of his attitude sucks? The chirping, DIVING, and um....the DIVING!!! It gets pretty embarrassing sometimes. You want specific examples? Last year in the playoffs against the Kings, Willie Mitchell barely pushes Kes into the boards behind the net. Kes hits the boards face first and all of a sudden his legs stop working and does a an almost 360 and falls on his face. Willie gets the penalty and skates all the way to the penalty box laughing in absolute disbelief. Meanwhile, most Canuck fans are blushing...

Kes and Bur are the reasons why the Canucks are so hated among hockey fans. Burr has learned to shut up and play and I hope he keeps it up! He's really been a different player this year in terms of attitude BUT he's just as effective and just as physical!

The year Kesler put up his career numbers, he focused on just playing the game. Last year, he reverted back to his default and had a setback in point production. Here's hoping we see the Kesler from 2 years ago!

Nuck Nit was probably one of those brainiacs that thought Nazzy was a cancerous captain.

Its pretty clear that the team gets along quite well.

In fact if you ever check out CDCs Behind The Lens on any of the road trips, you will see that Kes is one of the players that hangs out with everyone.

Pretty impressive for a guy that "divides the locker room".

Follow the team and it is abundantly obvious.

Kesler is the leader of the anti-AV faction.That much is well known.

So,Kesler's attitude has become so stinky that now Gillis is going to have to make a decision to tell Kes to take a hike or can his own coach.

Then again,Gillis can ignore it as he is pretty good at ignoring major issues the team has,like this one that has been going on in public for over a year now.

I say trade him with Luo.Love his game.His attitude stinks.

Archived