The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues

Otis

i personally think this game marks the beginning of one, if not the most crucial stretches of this season

we've been on fire since taking on Mr. Roy winning 5/6 in regulation, each win by 2+ goals, scoring 3+ in 5/6.. not bad!

but now we play 5-straight games against potential playoff opponents (STL, DAL, DET, CHI, ANA)

with the division pretty much locked down this is a great opportunity to see where we stand against the best the west has to offer. it's a good time to tweak line combos, see what is working and what needs improvement going into this huge playoff run.

a good stretch over the next 5 games could really get the guys' confidence sky-high going in to what's sure to be a tough post-season. but with the right mixture of momentum, talent and heart ... this group can go ALL THE WAY!

a solid run here agains some solid teams to end the season could really set us up for a playoff run to remember. Let's start this crucial stretch off with a big W boys!!

It's great to see how having a 2nd line that can produce can open up the ice a little more for our 1st line. As usual, the Sedins and Burr will have great puck possession tiring out the Blues D, leading to some nice goals. Need to tighten up our D in the 2nd, which seems to be a common theme for our team. When the Canucks play D for the entire game, it is hard for teams to beat us but that is the big question right there.

I am always hoping for a canucks win, but i think the blues are being very underrated on here, this will be a very tough game given how they have been playing lately. The blues have actually played extremely well this last while and very physical. The recent 2-0 loss to the hawks was not really indicative of the play either, that was a very close game, if they get semi decent goal tending from elliot or allen were in for a very tough game.

If we have a period we fall asleep like we had against pred's tonight, we wont be able to dig ourselves out.

This is one team I hope we do not play first round.

With the said I really hope we win.

This next stretch against tough opponents is going to be a huge test for our boys to see if they can put together full 60 minute efforts for more than one game in a row. Our guys are good enough to win the cup, it all comes down to how badly they believe that and then fight for their right to hoist Lord Stanley.

We are no longer playing against other teams, we are playing against ourselves.

3-2 Van

If at any time tonight the Canucks look like they did against NSH in the second period last night we will get blown out. Good thing I think the Canucks will come out with a strong game knowing that they could potentially meet the Blues in the first round of the playoffs. Hope to see another good game from Kes and a goal from Kassian.

Archived