The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

23 goals in the past 6 games among encouraging signs

Sixteen W's

The Canucks have outscored opponents 23-9 in the past 6 games, which is since the trade deadline.

It's incredible how much better we are healthy. Roy is making Gillis good with each game.

The Canucks have killed off 21 straight powerplays and scored 5 PPG in the past 6 games.

This is the same team that's been mostly terrible getting pucks in the net for much of the year.

We're still missing Higgins and Tanev, who happen to be key pieces to the team.

We also happen to have 2 elite goaltenders that AV finally switches between if one falters (unlike his stubborn past self).

I'm starting to get excited for this season's playoffs!

PS. Congrats to AV for coaching his 800th game or something. I thought I saw something during the game.

Yeah you can't really take too much out of the last 6 games, it will be the next 6 games that we will see how we are truly going into the playoffs (all of the teams are still in contention/in the playoffs).

While everything is working well except for the D's consistency they are good signs so far that things are coming together slowly, except for the obvious injuries which could prove to be the downfall.

Just Bieksa. 2 straight games with big mistakes that have led to goals.

Also keep in mind we have only faced opponents who are out of the playoffs (EDM,CGY, PHX, CGY, COL, NSH) We'll have to see how we do against a playoff team today.

We've been playing non-playoff teams for most of the last month. This game against the Blues, the one against Chicago and the last game against Anaheim are the only ones I care about.

We're around .500 against playoff teams which isn't going to get it done in the post-season. These are huge statement games

Look at who weve played...terrible teams. The real test comes when he play Detroit or Chicago in a week or so. Nashville, Calgary, Columbus and Colorado seem to be the only teams we play this year lol. Dont start getting a chbby because we scored a bunch of goals on crap teams!

We finally have TWO power play units, it's makes a huge difference. Also Roy creates a lot of chances although he only has 3 points, but he deserves more a this point. Kesler is entering beast mode and the arrival of him and Roy have allowed less pressure on the Sedins, who have also started to flourish. GO CANUCKS! :canucks:

We've been playing non-playoff teams for most of the last month. This game against the Blues, the one against Chicago and the last game against Anaheim are the only ones I care about.

We're around .500 against playoff teams which isn't going to get it done in the post-season. These are huge statement games

Non-playoff teams and not doing well at that. Nashville had 6 rookies playing last night.

Burrows post game interview: My pick as the best and smartest Canuck. Garrett was talking about Burrows last night. Fans almost take this guy for granted. His post game interview pretty much nailed the Vancouver problems going into playoffs. Puck turnovers in the neutral zone which was putting to much pressure on the d-core and goaltending. He talked about getting the puck in deep and expanding the gap as they forced the Nashville defenders back towards their blue line. I have often wondered if the Twin's style of game influences teammates to over handle the puck and minimize physical play. I don't want Weise, Lappy, Ebbett making moves in the neutral zone in an effort to maintain puck possession. Burrows talked about lack of attention to detail on the ice. It smacks of poor coaching IMHO.

As suggested above the games against the Blues and Hawks and to a lessor degree the Wings will/should expose Canuck problems. I did not see a lot of positives in the Nashville game.

Archived