The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

23 goals in the past 6 games among encouraging signs

Sixteen W's

I'll give them respect when they earn it. 40 years of Mediocrity does not demand respect. Some good, some bad, but on average, always mediocre. And always will be until they win a cup. As they do not currently display the desire to win (as witnessed tonight, the point was lucky, and I was disappointed with 2/3 of the Nashville game) some changes need to be made. They've been playing without heart and drive for the better part of two seasons now. A coaching change can be the easiest fix in that department.

The fact that you *still* stand behind the coach at this stage is just flabbergasting. *Every* coach has a shelf life. Alain Vigneault has exceeded his. Being a "great fan" does not mean mindlessly supporting every decision made by the team. Being a great fan means giving a crap whether they win or they lose, and why they win or lose. Wanting them to do better, always. That's what being a great fan is. Any moron can get drunk and cheer really loudly. I used to do it in Edmonton... for any team that was visiting. Doesn't make me a good fan.

Accepting mediocrity is not what a good fan does. So stop accepting mediocrity.

We have got to start getting the puck out of our zone better and we'll be a force in the playoffs. We're getting pinned down for way too long and the conn Smythe candidates are going to make us pay. Getting tanev and Higgins back will definitely help.

There's some real improvements lately but for some reason there's no north south chemistry any more. It seems like alot of confusion in the first pass from the defense to the forwards. Goal scoring took a step forward but getting the puck out of our zone took a step back. Praying we can figure that out in the next couple games.

We have got to start getting the puck out of our zone better and we'll be a force in the playoffs. We're getting pinned down for way too long and the conn Smythe candidates are going to make us pay. Getting tanev and Higgins back will definitely help.

There's some real improvements lately but for some reason there's no north south chemistry any more. It seems like alot of confusion in the first pass from the defense to the forwards. Goal scoring took a step forward but getting the puck out of our zone took a step back. Praying we can figure that out in the next couple games.

Guest Pinchin

As for you, you must be a new fan, SINCE, you speak of mediocrity of this team? then you would have been taking to the streets to string up coaches like Ley, Renney, Keenan, Crawford, Quinn. AV is probably the only coach you have ever seen behind the bench, and you talk as if you know tribulations the Canucks have been through. Yah I am still behind the Coach because this team still wins, still makes the playoffs, still competes year after year after year under him instead of watching a team that has no hope of even making the playoffs or a team that struggles and gets eliminated from playoff contention in the last week. That was generally the Canucks story before AV. After the team has dominated the Division and won president's trophies, gone in to the playoffs the clearcut favorites. I see you are someone that would like to go through an Oiler's rebuild but I would like the Canucks to make the playoffs each and every year, the more they make the playoffs the greater the chance of winning it all.

Guest Pinchin

I think that is a great nick-name for me - really gets to the brass tax of what I'm about... oh I don't own a donkey, but you didn't know that so I forgive you.

Guest Pinchin

No no you see I was talking about "brass tax" which is actually software designed to help file corporate income tax online. and since I was considering turning myself into a Corpohumonoid and potentially trademarking the nickname you gave me I figured I would need to really get to the tax software to start my corporate accounting so others could see me in the same Magnificent light you are able to see me in.

There's definitely been some positive signs lately, goal production, PP & PK, goaltending, etc.

That being said, most of our games lately have been against teams out of the playoffs, we've lost both games to top 8 West teams (Sharks & Blues). I'd like to see how we do against the Hawks and the Ducks, that'll be the real test before playoffs.

Of course, once playoffs start, it's a whole new ball (hockey) game.

Archived