The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

23 goals in the past 6 games among encouraging signs

Sixteen W's

So having an emotional investment gives people the right to criticize and belittle the effort that this team puts out day to day in the form of training and actual game play, just to entertain that very same person?

Seriously? That's ok these so called "fans" with these apparent emotional stakes in the team should realize that there are human beings working their asses off day in and day out to bring them entertainment and wins. If these couch coaches can do a better job step up, bring to the table the work that is necessary to make each and every game they play a picture of perfection where it is nothing but a 60 minute domination from start to finish and then on from there... a dynasty that sweeps its way to the cup each and every playoffs.

Your friggen negativity is the essence of all that is wrong with so called Canuck Fans. To crticize is one thing but to constantly have zero faith in this team is ridiculous. Why be a fan at all? why watch the games if your in depth analysis is so spot on that they don't have any hope against decent teams? Would you rather they be losing to non-playoff teams? The Canucks didn't choose their schedule.

As been pointed out the Canucks only have a .500 record against playoff teams... you know what? That means playoff teams only have .500 record against the Canucks. While the Canucks have been a lot less fortunate than other teams when its come to injuries.

God your negativity is not just tiresome its boring... go cheer for the leafs or something... As usual its all the Coaches fault for the team not winning how YOU think they should win. You self-loathing Canuck fans are pathetic.

You think AV told Weise, Lappy or Ebbett to out dangle the opposition in the Neutral zone? Give me a break... sometimes players just play poorly no matter what the coach tells them to do.

Oh and as for your comment about Burrow's being the Best and Smartest Canuck... Garrett only said that exact same thing about 40 times.. your thoughts are very original.

I know exactly why you are even if you don't, you criticize and put the Canucks play down so if they do end up dissapointing you again like they have in previous years you can say I told you so... but should they win you can also say... see I was a Canuck fan all along.

Damn give the Canucks (all of them including the coaches) some friggin respect, lesser teams or this team with a lesser coach would have been out of the playoff hunt a long time ago.

So having an emotional investment gives people the right to criticize and belittle the effort that this team puts out day to day in the form of training and actual game play, just to entertain that very same person?

Seriously? That's ok these so called "fans" with these apparent emotional stakes in the team should realize that there are human beings working their asses off day in and day out to bring them entertainment and wins. If these couch coaches can do a better job step up, bring to the table the work that is necessary to make each and every game they play a picture of perfection where it is nothing but a 60 minute domination from start to finish and then on from there... a dynasty that sweeps its way to the cup each and every playoffs.

Just because they're in a certain position doesn't mean they should be immune from criticism, and, ergo doesn't mean they should be immune from praise. What are you insinuating? That sport is not entertainment? Funny that you exclaim it is in your following paragraph.

No one is doubting that the cogs in the machine are important, relevant and they all work hard to do their job. That's irrelevant in this case; any fan be able to have an opinion on how the team is run, because of their emotional (and financial), investment. The team is there for the fans, the fans support the team, why should they not be entitled to criticize?

I'll give the Canucks credit for playing well lately, and it should make for more interesting playoffs.

But here's a little dose of reality (not trolling here). The past six games were against Edmonton, Calgary (twice), Phoenix, Colorado and Nashville. What do all these teams have in common? They are all non-playoff teams and the bottom 5 in the West.

Hockey is all about momentum, so hopefully the Canucks can take this little bit of success into the playoffs. The next 5 games will be a big test for the Canucks - St Louis, Dallas, Detroit, Chicago and Anaheim. They're certainly tougher opposition than the last 5 teams.

Yah and you do nothing but attack other posters... I can generalize too... But calling me an a$$, a complete prick, full of **** if I cared to report you, you would at least be close to a suspension/banning. My opinion is above yours because all you do is post personal attacks.

Write something of value before anything you have to say in the slightest matters to anyone.

Tell me do you criticize emergency workers? they get paid? what about doctors? they also get paid.... who else do you crticize for their work? and tell me what makes you THE expert to say that these PROFESSIONALS are doing it wrong? please let me know... cause if you do do this everything you posted about me is just you putting insecurities about yourself onto others.

Burrows talked about lack of attention to detail on the ice. It smacks of poor coaching IMHO.

As suggested above the games against the Blues and Hawks and to a lessor degree the Wings will/should expose Canuck problems. I did not see a lot of positives in the Nashville game.

What's worse is that you criticize the people who criticize them.

We whine about what we see on the ice because we feel it is lacking. We have our reasons.

You whine about people who whine. That's just pathetic.

Lol at least you don't deny what I said in my post I guess I can give you props for accepting that the way it is.

I may be a whiny douche but I am just a deravative if your whining and bitching didn't exist there would be nothing for me to whine and bitch about.

Your reasons are that you're gutless, that you're afraid to get your hopes up and have them dashed by the Canucks not winning it all... at least be honest about it... I can respect that... but stop trashing on your own team... at least praise them for what they are doing right before you lay into them about all the things you think they're doing wrong.

Critcize but be constructive.

Be worried but be excited

we need this player to do that or we need the Coach to do this... no WE need to just cheer and support this team... that is the Fan's only job. If you can't do that properly why should you expect others to win hockey games?

You do your job as a fan and then you can start to give CONSTRUCTIVE crticizism that adds value, not to just belittle and boost your ego so you FEEL that you've said something of Value.

The only reason fans are entitled to do what they want is because of the country we live in. Absolutely you people who critcize them when they lose or criticize them when they win, sound like nothing but entitled spoiled brats who don't have the slightest idea the effort it takes to run an organization that competes at a high level in pro sports.

Thats all you guys really are, are spoiled brats. See what happens when this team isn't how it is now, when they have real tribulations like the Oilers, the Flames or the Leafs. Criticize all you want but at the end of the day what have you helped in the slightest? You think the players or the coach comes on here to listen to your whiny little bitchings about what you "feel" the team should be doing differently? But in the end thats all you and your negative compadres have are just that... feelings. Becaue you certainly don't have the knowledge of what it takes to win in the NHL, especially if you criticize people and a team that does know what it takes.

But your right, it is your right to come on here and whine, it is your right to come here and complain and be negative and nitpick everything you "feel" is wrong with the Canuck's game. It's you're right to sound like spoiled little brats who want the biggest piece of cake, it's you're right to try and squash, in everyone else you meet, any sembelence of positivity about their team. I am glad we do live a country that allows for that, but on the flip side we live in a country that allows me to call you out on all the BS too.

I'm sorry I missed the part where Burrows said the turnovers were a result of poor coaching... he/she is not reiterating what Burrows was saying but speculating just as you are doing that if it was a different opponent that it would have been a loss. I don't accept that in the slightest... yes there were some bad defensive zone decisions but often times people will adjust their play according to the level of competition from their opponent (shouldn't be the case but often is). Anyone who has played competative sports is guilty of this... if you have played then you know exactly what I'm talking about... Higher the competition skill level the higher the compete level and vice versa. So saying they would have lost if it was someone different is just a guess at best.

I think what most of you couch jockey's forget is that there is another highly paid professional hockey team on the other side of the rink trying their damnest to win just as much as the Canucks. Also that the Parity in this league is higher than it has been in the history of the NHL and that there is not easy game/period/shift. Yes you can get burned in a period but ultimately if you have more goals than the opposition when that clock counts down that is what the game is all about... not who out shot who in the second or who had the most scoring chances or hits or faceoffs of blocked shots or whatever... the final score is all that matters and to constantly improve on those areas that were a deficency that either led to a loss or could have led to a loss.

As long as the Canucks are winning and working on what they can improve on then we as observers don't have Jack to complain about. Just watch and enjoy the games and if you can't even do that, then you (not just you but anyone else) is in no position to criticize this team in the slightest.

Your friggen negativity is the essence of all that is wrong with so called Canuck Fans. To crticize is one thing but to constantly have zero faith in this team is ridiculous. Why be a fan at all? why watch the games if your in depth analysis is so spot on that they don't have any hope against decent teams? Would you rather they be losing to non-playoff teams? The Canucks didn't choose their schedule.

As been pointed out the Canucks only have a .500 record against playoff teams... you know what? That means playoff teams only have .500 record against the Canucks. While the Canucks have been a lot less fortunate than other teams when its come to injuries.

God your negativity is not just tiresome its boring... go cheer for the leafs or something... As usual its all the Coaches fault for the team not winning how YOU think they should win. You self-loathing Canuck fans are pathetic.

You think AV told Weise, Lappy or Ebbett to out dangle the opposition in the Neutral zone? Give me a break... sometimes players just play poorly no matter what the coach tells them to do.

Oh and as for your comment about Burrow's being the Best and Smartest Canuck... Garrett only said that exact same thing about 40 times.. your thoughts are very original.

I know exactly why you are even if you don't, you criticize and put the Canucks play down so if they do end up dissapointing you again like they have in previous years you can say I told you so... but should they win you can also say... see I was a Canuck fan all along.

Damn give the Canucks (all of them including the coaches) some friggin respect, lesser teams or this team with a lesser coach would have been out of the playoff hunt a long time ago.

A few people are talking about Higgins and Tanev coming back and what that will do for the team...don't get me wrong, they will help for sure. I do wonder, however, why no one seems to mention Booth. It is like he is not even on this team anymore. If we make it through the first round, he could be back for the second round (or so I keep hearing). If so, he too will be a big upgrade to this line up. Ebbett out...Booth in...your 4 centers become Sedin, Kesler, Roy and Lapierre. Not too mention the size and speed he would bring to the top 9 on the wing. Don't forget about this guy...he could be the difference this year.

Well, I want no part of the Blues in the playoffs. But yeah, we seem to be finally getting going. The right time for it too (You hear that, Chicago?!). 27% on the PP since the trade deadline makes me happy.

A few people are talking about Higgins and Tanev coming back and what that will do for the team...don't get me wrong, they will help for sure. I do wonder, however, why no one seems to mention Booth. It is like he is not even on this team anymore. If we make it through the first round, he could be back for the second round (or so I keep hearing). If so, he too will be a big upgrade to this line up. Ebbett out...Booth in...your 4 centers become Sedin, Kesler, Roy and Lapierre. Not too mention the size and speed he would bring to the top 9 on the wing. Don't forget about this guy...he could be the difference this year.

I guess emotionally based fanaticism and name calling counts as reasonable debate to some people....

Pointless.

You're totally right in every respect Aladeen.

I'm a negative inactive couch jockey. You've brilliantly determined that with your hockey knowledge and forum account.

I commend your communication skills.

Archived