Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Sedins are playing insane

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#61 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

Mid season form right in time for the playoffs!

#62 Blue & Green

Blue & Green

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Disagree. Punish their stars and those guys will go over to their bullies and tell them to lay the !@#$ off of our stars. That's how it works. Although I'd still prefer if our stars could not only defend themselves, but also stick it to the other guys once in a while.

No, if you hit my girlfriend, I hit you, not your girlfriend...

#63 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,187 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

No, if you hit my girlfriend, I hit you, not your girlfriend...

Hockey =/= domestic violence or assault. Not even sure how you began the thought process of equating the two :blink:
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#64 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,487 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Hockey =/= domestic violence or assault. Not even sure how you began the thought process of equating the two :blink:

Agreed. Apples and oranges, IMO.

I also agree with MJD. Does anyone think Bertuzzi's mugging of Steve Moore gave the Avs pause? Not at all. But if they had started running Sakic, Forsberg, Kariya and Tanguay....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#65 Blue & Green

Blue & Green

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

I was trying to show the argument in a different light.

I don't want our non-combatant stars getting roughed up. I don't want to rough up the opposition's non-combatant star players. Against St. Louis last night, I would rather go after Backus for his roughing up Sedin than become a Backes and go after player like McDonald. Punish the guilty, not the innocent.

#66 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 19,187 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

I was trying to show the argument in a different light.

I don't want our non-combatant stars getting roughed up. I don't want to rough up the opposition's non-combatant star players. Against St. Louis last night, I would rather go after Backus for his roughing up Sedin than become a Backes and go after player like McDonald. Punish the guilty, not the innocent.

Well you did a poor job. And for the record Backes would probably be considered one of their stars...
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#67 Blue & Green

Blue & Green

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Agreed. Apples and oranges, IMO.

I also agree with MJD. Does anyone think Bertuzzi's mugging of Steve Moore gave the Avs pause? Not at all. But if they had started running Sakic, Forsberg, Kariya and Tanguay....

No, Bertuzzi's action was definitely wrong, so was Moore's headshot that shortened Naslunds career. However, I'm glad the Canucks did not go head hunting after a player like Sakic, he was not involved in the incident.

#68 Blue & Green

Blue & Green

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Well you did a poor job. And for the record Backes would probably be considered one of their stars...

Yes, I must remember to dumb it down for guys like you.

#69 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Not sure where everyone watching hockey is learning Logic 101, but his analogy makes perfect sense.

Getting to the point of hockey=/=domestic violence is overthinking it.

#70 Kevin Starr

Kevin Starr

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

Stoked for the playoffs...Regular season means nothing come playoff time, I think this team has a lot of experience now that will benefit them in certain game situations.

Unfortunate that Tanev went down, hopefully Juice is okay....Looking forward to Higgins being back, guys a horse out there!

Maybe Roy will play hard against his former team tonight! Go Nucks!

#71 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 19,187 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

Yes, I must remember to dumb it down for guys like you.

Not sure where everyone watching hockey is learning Logic 101, but his analogy makes perfect sense.

Getting to the point of hockey=/=domestic violence is overthinking it.

Not how hockey works. Sorry. You don't have to like it but that's the way it is regardless of how you may feel.

And no, it doesn't make perfect sense unless you'd like to take the knuckle dragging Don Cherry approach of equating the stars of the league to a 1950's "defenseless, weaker sex" version of women. I'm sure those players would really appreciate that :rolleyes:

Yes, dumb it down for ME... :rolleyes:

Edited by J.R., 18 April 2013 - 09:32 AM.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#72 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,487 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

No, Bertuzzi's action was definitely wrong, so was Moore's headshot that shortened Naslunds career.  However, I'm glad the Canucks did not go head hunting after a player like Sakic, he was not involved in the incident.

Then we disagree.

Going after a nobody like Moore isn't going to deter any team from taking liberties with your top guys. But if they know that their top guys will bear the brunt of the physical response, they may think twice about running guys like Hank and Dan.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#73 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Then we disagree.

Going after a nobody like Moore isn't going to deter any team from taking liberties with your top guys. But if they know that their top guys will bear the brunt of the physical response, they may think twice about running guys like Hank and Dan.

The problem with your statement is that if the canucks would target other star players, they would do it with or without other teams running over our star players.

We have a different system than the bruins. We fight to protect our players, not going out and headhunting star players. This is how our system works under av.

Edited by Piggy1983, 18 April 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#74 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,487 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

The problem with your statement is that if the canucks would target other star players, they would do it with or without other teams running over our star players.

We have a different system than the bruins. We fight to protect our players, not going out and headhunting star players. This is how our system works under av.

Disagree again. When have we ever seen the Canucks target other teams' stars? The only incidents I can think of off the top of my head is Mitchell coming out of the penalty box and nailing Toews, and Mike Peca destroying Teemu Selanne.

I'm not sure how many remember that game against the Jets, but the mics near the benches clearly caught Tie Domi warning the Canucks not to dress Bure in the next game. Meanwhile, Keith Tkachuk put Trevor Linden on his dance card that same night.

When the game was over, so were all the shenanigans. The Jets had sent the message that Selanne was off limits, unless the Canucks wanted Linden to be chucking the nuckles with Tkachuk on a regular basis. Nothing more needed to be said, or done.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.