Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bodee

Why we need these guys come the playoffs.

26 posts in this topic

All that plus less injury scares like what Roy and Hansen gave us would ease me as well. No more injuries, please.

I agree with most of it.

Although I don't think Weise brings much, if anything to the table. Too much depth for him anyways IMO.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Roy - Kesler - Hansen

Raymond- Ebbett - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Pinnizotto

I honestly think Booth has played his last game as a Canuck.

I think Bieksa is still injured, IMO. I would rest him until round 1 if that was the case.

I agree with most of it.

Although I don't think Weise brings much, if anything to the table. Too much depth for him anyways IMO.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Roy - Kesler - Hansen

I missed the game, but saw the goal highlights.. anyone know of a video of the roughing at the end?

Bieksa looks mind checked out there, maybe still injured but seems way off, like his mind is elsewhere, depressed.

I agree with most of it.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Roy - Kesler - Hansen

I want to have a bigger lineup come playoffs that is why i propose

Sedins-Burrows

Hansen-Roy-Kesler

Higgins-Lapierre-Kassian/Raymond

Weise-Ebbett/Pinizotto-Kassian/Ramond

he may have his critics, but Booth is a guy we could really use in the playoffs as a physical presence. Definitely not in the 'push back' department but a physical presence that can make life difficult for the opposing team. Here's hoping he can can re-hab and make an appearance.

Manny, Higgins, Tanev, Booth....

we have a good team but good be even better if these guys were healthy and in.

Booth is one of the better hitters on the team

What really concerns me is third line center is Roy stays where he stays. Ebbett is no Roy with or with out the puck. He's not much of a face off guy.

Higgens needs to return. I know Gillis wanted to build this team with versatile players but I still think the middle is lacking that one player that brings that. Ebbett wasn't built for the play offs.

Also, Raymond needs to rebound a bit. If he's not bringing his speed, skill score game into the play offs he'll be another useless player. I hope not because we know what the guy can do built will his size be a factor?

Over all I do think they're tough enough, they just have to play smart enough and be committed to all aspects of the game, like all 3 periods.

I think you may be right.

There is definitely something distracting him. I said last week it was either an injury or maybe something personal. Whatever it is he needs to either get some time off or have a couple of barnys to ease the tension.

Of course it could be something as simple as not playing with Hamhuis.

What really concerns me is third line center is Roy stays where he stays. Ebbett is no Roy with or with out the puck. He's not much of a face off guy.

Higgens needs to return. I know Gillis wanted to build this team with versatile players but I still think the middle is lacking that one player that brings that. Ebbett wasn't built for the play offs.

Also, Raymond needs to rebound a bit. If he's not bringing his speed, skill score game into the play offs he'll be another useless player. I hope not because we know what the guy can do built will his size be a factor?

Over all I do think they're tough enough, they just have to play smart enough and be committed to all aspects of the game, like all 3 periods.

Agree with your list, I think the toughness issues have been dealt with (except Edler doesn't belong anywhere near this list, he provides zero pushback). What will save us or kill us in the post-season is how well the defence play in their own zone and whether or not we can break the puck out. Not worried about anything else.

Lappy has been all but useless for awhile. If he continue that trend I say stick him in the press box for a game just before the playoffs. Hopefully he will regain his "playoff form" that everybody here seems to think he has. I myself think his playoff game is somewhat overrated.

Lappy has been all but useless for awhile. If he continue that trend I say stick him in the press box for a game just before the playoffs. Hopefully he will regain his "playoff form" that everybody here seems to think he has. I myself think his playoff game is somewhat overrated.

Eddy is such a wildcard in that regard. Sometimes he's too quiet; but other moments, he shows unparalleled fire (re: squished Doughty). I wish he could show a little more consistency.

I hope Bieksa is okay. He has seemed off, lately. Although, he has always been rather mercurial.