The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC General Election May 14, 2013 - Advance Voting Wed May 8 to Sat May 11 - See Post #433

Wetcoaster

Yes you called me a liar.

I find your whole passive/aggressive game to be offensive.

You may be so wealthy that you do not find hundreds of millions of dollars in extra interest to service debt and borrow money to not be significant but I am sure the average taxpayer would disagree. Apparently you fail to grasp what a credit rating downgrade costs.

Why? Because once investment leaves the province it takes time to win back investors' confidence. The Liberals cut interest rates and introduced measures to improve the business climate in BC that had been severely damaged by BC NDP policies. Business investors are skittish.

The BC NDP (and you apparently) do not grasp the basic principle that capital is mobile and once it has left it is a long term strategy to bring it back

Wetcoaster when I posted a cbc link regarding the bc liberal candidate who stepped down over tax issues you posted stated " I don't know if it was my intention to lie or not"

I called you on this and you stated you didn't call me a lair.

So are you saying you where wrong then or now?

Doesn't sound like the Liberals are trying very hard to stay out of debt:

"LNG will wipe out B.C.'s entire $56 billion debt in just 15 years — it will disappear right before our eyes!

What? Well, yes Christy has increased B.C.'s debt by $11 billion in just two years in office.

Uh, yeah, Christy plans to add another $13 billion more debt in the next three years.

Um-hmm, that would make Christy the premier who raised B.C.'s debt by $24.3 billion — that's 54% in five years — the fastest in provincial history."

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2013/04/22/highs-of-liquified-natural-gas-a-fiscal-downer

Wetcoaster when I posted a cbc link regarding the bc liberal candidate who stepped down over tax issues you posted stated " I don't know if it was my intention to lie or not"

I called you on this and you stated you didn't call me a lair.

So are you saying you where wrong then or now?

Doesn't sound like the Liberals are trying very hard to stay out of debt:

"LNG will wipe out B.C.'s entire $56 billion debt in just 15 years — it will disappear right before our eyes!

What? Well, yes Christy has increased B.C.'s debt by $11 billion in just two years in office.

Uh, yeah, Christy plans to add another $13 billion more debt in the next three years.

Um-hmm, that would make Christy the premier who raised B.C.'s debt by $24.3 billion — that's 54% in five years — the fastest in provincial history."

http://vancouver.24h...a-fiscal-downer

Reality Check | How much is the B.C. NDP promising to spend?

The Liberals say Adrian Dix's promises have hit $3B, but we found their math doesn't add up

"But in the end, the CBC Reality Check team found the Liberals' math — how they calculated the NDP election promises —just doesn't add up. We find their $3 billion claim wrong."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/04/26/bc-reality-check-ndp-spending.html

The following is dear to my heart - it's from last year:

B.C. Liberals accused of salary 'double standard'

Cabinet staffers got average 10-per-cent hike while 'net-zero' offered elsewhere

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/05/03/bc-ministerial-aide-salary-increases.html

Oh...and look how much goes on the premiers credit card: $475,015.79 ??

http://lailayuile.com/2012/07/30/show-me-the-money-seehow-what-little-we-know-of-the-legislature-spends-its-money-plus-premiers-office-spends-double-what-campbells-crew-did-in-his-last-year/

Includes things like $589 on itunes - supposedly paid for by tax payers!

Ouch!

Jim Sinclair: The terrible truth about the B.C. Liberals’ B.C. Jobs Plan

Their much touted B.C. Jobs Plan has been discredited by the facts — more than 30,000 jobs have been lost since its inception. The latest figures show that B.C. lost 15,000 full-time jobs in March, setting off the largest rise in Canada. What to do when the facts don’t add up? Answer: buy ads.

While the last provincial budget cut money from programs that train workers, the Liberals could find $16 million of taxpayers’ money to try and sell us on the failed jobs plan.

But perhaps the most blatant example of the betrayal by this government on the critical issue of jobs has been its role in promoting the use of temporary foreign workers in British Columbia. Today, our province is breaking Canadian records for growth in the use of foreign workers — more than 74,000 — while at the same time more than 200,000 British Columbians are struggling to find a job and thousands cannot get the training they need.

The most high-profile case in this long, sorry story has been the HD Mining proposal to bring more than 200 miners from China to work in Northern B.C. During her trip to China, Clark announced that the B.C. Jobs Plan was working because the company was investing in the province. Nothing, it turns out, could be farther from the truth.

More here:

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/05/09/jim-sinclair-the-terrible-truth-about-the-b-c-liberals-b-c-jobs-plan/

Ouch!

Jim Sinclair: The terrible truth about the B.C. Liberals’ B.C. Jobs Plan

Their much touted B.C. Jobs Plan has been discredited by the facts — more than 30,000 jobs have been lost since its inception. The latest figures show that B.C. lost 15,000 full-time jobs in March, setting off the largest rise in Canada. What to do when the facts don’t add up? Answer: buy ads.

While the last provincial budget cut money from programs that train workers, the Liberals could find $16 million of taxpayers’ money to try and sell us on the failed jobs plan.

But perhaps the most blatant example of the betrayal by this government on the critical issue of jobs has been its role in promoting the use of temporary foreign workers in British Columbia. Today, our province is breaking Canadian records for growth in the use of foreign workers — more than 74,000 — while at the same time more than 200,000 British Columbians are struggling to find a job and thousands cannot get the training they need.

The most high-profile case in this long, sorry story has been the HD Mining proposal to bring more than 200 miners from China to work in Northern B.C. During her trip to China, Clark announced that the B.C. Jobs Plan was working because the company was investing in the province. Nothing, it turns out, could be farther from the truth.

More here:

http://blogs.theprov...-b-c-jobs-plan/

And what did the Mods do about your complaint?

And I was not questioning whether you lied but whether or not you bothered to read and comprehend what was in the linked article and that you were exhibiting what appeared to be a confirmation bias.

What I posted was:

I see nothing in that story that says the BC Liberals were aware of the charges. Perhaps your pro-BC NDP bias blinded yo to that fact and you saw what you wanted to see. Maybe try not going with feelings and try to adhere to facts in future.

I never implied you lied. I was clear that you were ignorant and uninformed on the topic.

And as I noted when you made the unsubstantiated claim that I was insulting you:

And emphasize that I had not called you a liar. I posted:

I said that you assumed something that was not warranted - whether it was your intention to lie, that is something within your knowledge.

Feel free to post your opinions but in the event they are uninformed, expect that they may be criticized as such.

That exchange is quite different from what you recall. You are not lying this time either, your recollection is faulty.

I never called you a liar because there was no proof of it. You misunderstood - much like you misunderstood what was written in the linked article.

And during that thread I again noted:

I never accused you of lying.

And then I posted:

My posts do not "cross the line" - I was questioning the accuracy of the information and the inferences you were making - that is what you were posting. As far as your motivation for doing so, as I noted I am unable to say as that would be within your personal knowledge.

It appears that you are yet again seeing things that are not there. Much like how you interpreted the article that you used to come to incorrect conclusions.

In this case Heretic flat out called me a liar and then scrambled to edit his post, likely realizing that sort of accusation could bring down "The Wrath of the Mods."

Pretty hard to deny it when he posted (although he has tried to do so):

Heretic, on 10 May 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

That's a lie:

At no time in the smart meter thread did I ever accuse you of lying.

How would you know if I made a complaint and what any mod said and be free to post that?

And let's ask other posters if someone posts "I don't know if your intention was to lie" would be taken as accusing someone of lying.

Your post is intolerant of others and does not speak to the topic. All I did was post a cbc link - how in the world does that justify calling the poster ignorant?

Archived