Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Bozak commanding over $5,000,000 per year

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
111 replies to this topic

#61 Virt 'n Kass

Virt 'n Kass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

wow the only team that would pay that would be DESPERATE for centres...

so i guess the Flames will overpay him :bigblush:

Fixed

#62 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Dreger is becoming far too obvious as a media plant to further the Leafs agenda than he even was before - and I never thought that was possible.

#63 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

State Alchemist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#64 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,451 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Well this is what happens when you have a bunch of other overpaid players on your roster - guy wants to get paid.
Kessel 5.4.
Phaneuf 6.5
In that context, Bozak's bargaining power is inflated - he's not as good as Grabovski (who is making 5.5), but the Leafs salary structure leans towards overpayments.
The thing is - Kadri is an RFA - the Leafs will have to pony up for two of their top 3 centers - and Bozak is in a position to walk.
Jay Feaster has cap space - Bozak may just get his 5 million after all lol.

#65 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

The GM who gives him that should be fired.

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#66 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,152 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

He's worth 4 million max.
Posted Image

#67 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,045 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Dreger is becoming far too obvious as a media plant to further the Leafs agenda than he even was before - and I never thought that was possible.

They don't call TSN the Toronto Sports Network for nothing.

#68 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

nonsense!

#69 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Well this is what happens when you have a bunch of other overpaid players on your roster - guy wants to get paid.
Kessel 5.4.
Phaneuf 6.5
In that context, Bozak's bargaining power is inflated - he's not as good as Grabovski (who is making 5.5), but the Leafs salary structure leans towards overpayments.
The thing is - Kadri is an RFA - the Leafs will have to pony up for two of their top 3 centers - and Bozak is in a position to walk.
Jay Feaster has cap space - Bozak may just get his 5 million after all lol.

Kessel's contract is not a problem - he is a PPG player the last two seasons and has scored 30+ goals each season he has been on a sh!tty Toronto team with no elite playmaking center (hint hint - Bozak, you suck).

Phaneuf, as much as people rag on him, is not that bad. He's the captain and the #1 defenseman on the team. Is he worth $6.5 million? Probably not. But he's not that bad.

The real problem is Grabovski's deal at $5.5 million per year. Why? Because Grabovski is a center, just like Bozak. Except, Bozak has 10 more points than Grabovski this season. And last season, Bozak only had 8 points less than Grabovski.

That's a huge problem because when you look down the bench, and you see your #2 center making $5.5 million to put up 10 points less than you do, you are going to demand more money or at least similar to that inflated deal.

And what makes this even more complicated is that neither Bozak nor Grabovski are the #1 center on the team. It's Kadri, who's coming off his ELC. Luckily, he will be an RFA and will have to sign for much less than what he deserves.

The Leafs have to trade Grabovski or let Bozak walk. Basically, it comes down to this - who is better at the #2 center position behind Kadri? Grabovski or Bozak?

I think they should try to trade Grabovski for some picks and re-sign Bozak to that $5.0 million deal. Kadri will get something close to $6.0 million later on (not this year - but the contract after the one he'll sign this summer). That's not necessarily a bad top 6.

#70 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,281 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Kessel's contract is not a problem - he is a PPG player the last two seasons and has scored 30+ goals each season he has been on a sh!tty Toronto team with no elite playmaking center (hint hint - Bozak, you suck).

Phaneuf, as much as people rag on him, is not that bad. He's the captain and the #1 defenseman on the team. Is he worth $6.5 million? Probably not. But he's not that bad.

The real problem is Grabovski's deal at $5.5 million per year. Why? Because Grabovski is a center, just like Bozak. Except, Bozak has 10 more points than Grabovski this season. And last season, Bozak only had 8 points less than Grabovski.

That's a huge problem because when you look down the bench, and you see your #2 center making $5.5 million to put up 10 points less than you do, you are going to demand more money or at least similar to that inflated deal.

And what makes this even more complicated is that neither Bozak nor Grabovski are the #1 center on the team. It's Kadri, who's coming off his ELC. Luckily, he will be an RFA and will have to sign for much less than what he deserves.

The Leafs have to trade Grabovski or let Bozak walk. Basically, it comes down to this - who is better at the #2 center position behind Kadri? Grabovski or Bozak?

I think they should try to trade Grabovski for some picks and re-sign Bozak to that $5.0 million deal. Kadri will get something close to $6.0 million later on (not this year - but the contract after the one he'll sign this summer). That's not necessarily a bad top 6.

Kadri plays 17 minutes a night.

Hardly a top line center, no?

kb71ZMt.jpg

#71 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Kadri plays 17 minutes a night.

Hardly a top line center, no?

And puts up only one less point than Henrik Sedin - 41. That's top line center numbers.

He is not defensively apt enough to play the extra minutes that Henrik and other #1 centers around the league does, but he's a rookie. Next year, he will have to take on a bigger role on the team, as either Grabovski or Bozak will be gone. He may hit a wall known as the sophomore slump with the added responsibility. But this kid is a player, no doubt. He will be the #1 center for the Maple Leafs in the next coming years.

Edited by Dasein, 18 April 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#72 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 19,451 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

They're all overpaid - but Grabovski the least so of those guys. Kessel scores... butis otherwise one of the premier floaters in the NHL and is spoon fed situational minutes.
What you're not looking at is the actual role that Grabovski is playing this season - the fact he has less points than the Leafs other Cs may have something to do with the 38% offensive zone starts that he's getting - he's essentially playing a 3C role (the most capable guy of doing so), but has been the Leafs best two way player the past few years.

#73 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

bozak is a bozo

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#74 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80,076 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Waaay too much.

307mg00.jpg

#75 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

Thank god we didn't get him.

Posted Image

#76 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,056 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

Thank god we didn't get him.

If we got Bozak and Kadri for Luongo, we'd keep Kadri (if he would've still had the season he's had with the Leafs) and Gillis would show Bozak the door

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#77 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

LOL!

Kes > Bozak

Most i'd pay is 3.25m / year.

#78 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

Kadri, Bozak, Grabovski, McClement.

Thats some good center depth right there. Espescially with Joe Colborne looking like he'll make the club at 3/4C, someone's gotta go. Nevermind the fact that JVR can play 1/2C as well as Komorov playing 3/4C. The leafs made their bed with Grabo @ $5.5m, whether he's worth that isn't really the issue, this season has been an anomaly and he should be back next season good to go at his usual 55pt pace.

JVR/Kadri/Kessel
Lupul/Grabovski/Frattin
Kuleimin/Colborne/Komorov +MacArthur if re-signed
Hamilton/McClement/Orr (or Komorov/Colborne if MacArthur re-signs)

Pretty solid forwards without bozak in the lineup.

Chopper-for-life-7-600x200.png

If we don't even dump one veteran, I'll stop posting on CDC until October 7th. It's that disappointing. - Tom Sestito, June 27th.

#79 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

I just read the title of this thread and all I have to say is LOL
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#80 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • 11,993 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

Grabovski is already hugely overpaid, wouldn't be surprised to see him bought out .

hv18bt.jpg

2014 & 2015 CDCGML Champions

2015 CDCEHL Regular Season and Playoff Champion

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#81 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 10,161 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

I just read the title of this thread and all I have to say is LOL

at least you contributed to something

291euxi.jpg

Praise Smooze, eat pizza!

#82 Ron_Burgundy

Ron_Burgundy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

Historically, seems like something Toronto would do...
Posted Image

#83 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Watch out, Sather will give him $7m

If we don't even dump one veteran, I'll stop posting on CDC until October 7th. It's that disappointing. - Tom Sestito, June 27th.

#84 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

He's on pace for 50 points (in an 82 game season) so 5M is what he's worth. Us Canuck fans are too used to discounts to know what real market value is.

Edited by Doug The Thug Glatt, 26 April 2013 - 09:34 AM.

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#85 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

He's on pace for 50 points (in an 82 game season) so 5M is what he's worth. Us Canuck fans are too used to discounts to know what real market value is.

Nothing to do with discount or anything, but he is not worth 5 million. You do have a solid point, but he's no 5 million dollar player.

Well, I , I feel very good about this draft, but I, I think, potentially you know were gonna have 3 or 4 NHL players out of this group, ummmm, you know like we are not going to prejudice to were they are from.

-Jim Benning June 27, 2015 shortly after the completion of the 2015 NHL Entry draft in Miami Florida.

#86 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

Toronto might actually offer him it, if they don't it may impact Kessel, best buddy, roommate, line mate, have LOTS of chemistry together. Don't know if Kadri could take on the role of 1st line C yet. But man did he look awesome with Phil and Lupul yesterday!

#87 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

50 point players arent worth $5m. Not unless they bring lots of other intangibles (size, checking, elite defensive capabilities) - which Bozak doesn't. He's good on faceoffs, but he's not exactly #1 PK or physically dominant.

#88 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

lulz, here's hoping Toronto gives it to him

RIP LB RR PD

#89 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,935 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

50 point players arent worth $5m. Not unless they bring lots of other intangibles (size, checking, elite defensive capabilities) - which Bozak doesn't. He's good on faceoffs, but he's not exactly #1 PK or physically dominant.

I agree to some extent. Bozak is much much better at defence than Grabovski (who makes 5.5).

Rumor has it (hearsay on the street and local media outlets in/around Toronto) that they will buy out Grabovski and give the money to Bozak. It does make sense as well so I could see that happening.

Edited by Henrik Sedin, 26 April 2013 - 02:03 PM.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#90 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Well he's pretty close to 5M. I'd say he's on par with Brooks Laich who makes 4.5M. And being taller or more physical than another player does not warrant a higher salary. What Bozak lacks in size, he makes up for it in his skill and skating.

Edited by Doug The Thug Glatt, 26 April 2013 - 02:44 PM.

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.