The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Two Poison Letters Adressed to US Senate Intercepted At US Capitol Mail Facility

Alex the Great

On Tuesday, a letter sent to Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) tested positive for ricin poison. ABC News reports that a second letter sent to the U.S. Senate has tested positive. The addressee is unknown at this time

twitchy.com/2013/04/17/abc-second-letter-sent-to-us-senate-tests-positive-for-ricin/

On Tuesday, a letter sent to Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) tested positive for ricin poison. ABC News reports that a second letter sent to the U.S. Senate has tested positive. The addressee is unknown at this time

twitchy.com/2013/04/17/abc-second-letter-sent-to-us-senate-tests-positive-for-ricin/

I find it beyond strange. It's almost like a "calling card" of some kind. I'm going to drift into a hypothesis here that should not be taken seriously by anyone reading this..it's more of a musing. This pattern cannot be ignored. It's not just a coincidence that these letters "popped up" after the "terror event" that took place at the Boston Marathon...and the anthrax letters "popped up" immediately following 9/11. Here comes the highly speculative part of the hypothesis...I'm beginning to wonder if those who were really responsible for 9/11 are also responsible for this attack, if in fact it is proven to be the work of terrorists. Just musing really....simply because of the "poison letters"...the last one of anthrax, and this one of ricin. I have never believed the Bush Administration's explanation for 9/11. It was a deplorable and despicable act of cowardice, certainly...however it's the part about "muslim terrorists" that just never sat right with me. Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein (who I am convinced had no connection to each other at all) just seemed like way too convenient scapegoats. Again...don't take any of this I have just said seriously...

BTW why do you not make your links "clickable" - just copy and past them from the address bar of your browser.

Fox News is reporting a second suspicious letter was addressed to President Obama.

FBI joint terrorism task force is involved in "ricin investigation," which indicates FBI sees this as possible case of terrorism.

Per this tweet:

WhiteHousePressCorps @whpresscorps

RT @Jordanfabian: The suspicious letter addressed to President Obama has field-tested positive for ricin, @PierreTABC reports.

https://twitter.com/whpresscorps

Both envelopes contained letters included the phrase: "To see a wrong and not expose it, is to become a silent partner to its continuance (sic)." Both were signed, "I am KC and I approve this message."

Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., told the Associated Press police have a suspect in mind.

An envelope thought to contain ricin was sent to the Capitol Hill office of Sen. Roger Wicker, lawmakers told Fox News, while a newly obtained FBI bulletin said a second suspicious letter was sent to President Obama.

The letter to the Mississippi Republican was intercepted at an off-site mail screening facility and never reached the Hill.

Authorities declined to comment on a suspect or any other aspect of the investigation being led by Capitol Police, but Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., told the Associated Press police have a suspect in mind.

"The person that is a suspect writes a lot of letters to members," McCaskill said as she emerged from a classified briefing.

Testing is apparently still underway. The letter tested positive for ricin in a field test, but the FBI released a statement Wednesday saying tests have shown "inconsistent results" and the substance is being further analyzed.

An FBI bulletin obtained by Fox News also said a second letter was sent to Obama, and was intercepted. That letter is still being screened.

The bulletin said both letters included the phrase: "To see a wrong and not expose it, is to become a silent partner to its continuance."

Both were signed, "I am KC and I approve this message."

According to a Homeland Security Department handbook, ricin is deadliest when inhaled. It is not contagious, but there is no antidote.

Wicker thanked law enforcement officials in a statement for "their hard work and diligence in keeping" those who work in the Capitol safe, adding that the matter is part of an ongoing investigation by Capitol Police and the FBI. "Gayle and I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers," he said.

As of Tuesday night, mail delivery had only been stopped to the Senate, not the House.

"It is of concern," Sen. Angus King, I-Maine, said after learning about the incident in a briefing with other senators late Tuesday.

The envelope had a Tennessee postmark and no return address.

The letter inside included an implied threat to effect of: "You haven’t listen to me before. Now you will, even if people have to die," Politico also reported.sources say officials are familiar with the person believed to have sent the letter as the person has sent other letters before.

FBI Director Robert Mueller and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano were on Capitol Hill on Tuesday for a scheduled talk about cyber security. But that briefing morphed into talks about Boston, after the bombings Monday.

Senate Sergeant at Arms Terry Gainer conducted a separate briefing for senators specifically on ricin.

It's unclear whether the letter had any connection to the Boston attack.

The mail-screening system was established after the Anthrax attacks of 2001 that closed the Hart Senate Office Building.

http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2Qjg4zRBa

"It was a hypothesis not meant to be taken seriously"...in which I used quotation marks to cite the parts that I'm not completely sold on. The "terror event" citing was because I was quoting the post I was responding to. "Popped up" was sarcasm. Now that I've given this explanation, I feel like I'm back in high school in English class or something. I specifically said none of it was to be taken seriously...so why did you assume I was actually trying to say anything?

Oh I'm sorry CDC...I never realized just how anal you were about marijuana til just now. Had I stated that I was high on codeine from drinking cough syrup or something though I guess that would have been ok. The days of cannabis prohibition are numbered. You can try to silence us...and you can try to suppress us...but mark my words...Cannabis will be legal within the next 20 years and this asinine censorship when it comes to cannabis and all the "reefer madness" hysteria will be SNUFFED out...It is absolutely APPALLING how many LEGAL drugs there are, most of them pharmaceutical, that will give you REAL brain damage...not the scare tactic myth kind of brain damage they lied about with cannabis...but REAL brain damage. One glorious day soon...the herb will be liberated...and its miraculous medicinal properties will be unlocked so that all of those who suffer from psychological tortures like I did from PTSD can be treated with something that won't make their problems WORSE. For the record I gave a valid reason for why I made the hypothesis post and because it was just a tad controversial it has now been deleted. I was not arguing with inane, I was giving my reason for making that particular post the way I did and so I wouldn't lose it...and now I have completely forgotten what it said.

Archived