Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

you obviously was watching a different game! Schneider was a beast

I thiknk that person is joking.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#62 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

I really REALLY miss Tanev... SCHENIDS played great (from what little I saw) I hate SHOOTOUTS with a passion.
Anyone have any updates on Minny's game? Did they win? How far away are they from us?

Minny up 3-1 end of 2nd, 6 points back until they win.
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#63 philtbc829

philtbc829

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

:picard: Good thing there are no shoot outs in the playoffs....man the Nucks SUCK at it....

over all lucky to get a point...as you could see the back to back was hurting them...

http://giant.gfycat....alhamadryad.gif

WONDER TWIN POWERS!!

#64 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

With Bieksa, Higgins, Tanev, and Vandermeer in the line up and Barker out, it would have been a different story.

Backes is a bit of a b!tch. Yeah he's big but man does he like to whine to the refs.

Wanker.
Posted Image

#65 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,729 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

DeNiro: "Backes didn't dominate our team"

lol K

Winning faceoffs is dominating?

I think you need to look up the word dominate.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#66 CANUCK-EXPRESS

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Luongo would have saved the goal due to his size. He would have said come at me bro to bowmeister

bud we wouldn't even have made it in the shootout if it wasn't for Schneider

#67 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

If we get the 3rd seed, Blues may in fact get the 6th...

Well duh anything is possible. Hence why i said i would hope they take 5th. They have an easy stretch of games coming up.

#68 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

That might hurt his brain to read so much
Posted Image

#69 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Anyone not worried about this game should rethink that stance. This was playoff style hockey. Our boys got shoved around. Anyone really think the league didn't once again take notice? Every western playoff team now knows, push them around, they can't push back. Sure we have Kassian, but look at the flip side, Roy Hansen Raymond burrows Sedins, this is a small team up front and without a badass on the wing or on d we are going to be exposed. Playoffs are not for skill, they are for grit, grabbing and flukey goals. None of which this team is built for.

I'm concerned that we are going to see another first round exit to be honest. Beating subpar teams seems to give this team a false sense that they can sit back and the goals will fall in. Reality check time. This team has to learn how to scratch and claw for every inch of ice or they will be golfing.

Edited by PLOGUE, 16 April 2013 - 08:28 PM.

QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#70 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,626 posts

DeNiro: "Backes didn't dominate our team"

lol K

He dominated Barker's leg and got away with it which created a goal. So I guess that's something.

aXmDa9t.gif

#71 Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

POPULAR

Dude, just stop. Steen's and McDonald's shots were perfect. Perfect as in no goalie in the NHL would've stopped them perfect.

Which is why it was so stupid to trade Cody Hodgson. He would've stopped them both for sure.
Posted Image
[Why 2.0? Because after 9 years, I lost my password and email... huzzah]

#72 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,921 posts

Schneider is the only reason why we got a point tonight.

canucks141.png

#73 CANUCK-EXPRESS

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

I thiknk that person is joking.

look at his other comments

#74 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,858 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

I am disappoint.

This team is looking like last years team heading into the playoffs. Getting out chanced by a country mile and relying on unsustainable goaltending. We saw where that recipe got them. They are the 2nd best puck possesion team in league, but that won't save their disastrous play.

The 3rd line and bottom pairing d-men got their collective teeth kicked in. It was ugly, there's NO way A.V can justify keeping them together. Kesler's line also had a pretty poor game. That line has 3 of their best two way forwards and gave up about 8 too many chances. It's either time to move Roy to 3C or get Schroeder up here ASAP.

Canucks are missing key members of their team, but this game - and the last few - are no excuse. It's been ugly, and it's not sustainable. Canucks goalies are great, but can't steal every single game from now till game 7 of the SCF.

#75 CANUCK-EXPRESS

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

Which is why it was so stupid to trade Cody Hodgson. He would've stopped them both for sure.

all GMMG fault

#76 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,585 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

who cares what you think about schneider in the shootout there wouldn't be a shootout without him so shut it

Last 3 games...

Schneider plays - we lose
Luongo plays - we win
Schneider plays - we lose again

Not that I'm blaming Schneider - just putting your comment in perspective.

I didn't start watching until the 3rd again, Canucks looked flat...Schneider made some good saves - and Elliot was just as good if not better...

I don't care about back to back - these guys are professional hockey players - suck it up and give more.
The Canucks lost - not our goalies.

Edited by Heretic, 16 April 2013 - 08:18 PM.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#77 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Deniro: quoted

gushybear awaits dictionary reference
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#78 CANUCK-EXPRESS

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Still don't know why Ebbett's on the third line rather than Lappy..

#79 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hey hey hey people...

Bieksa and Tanev are injured, 2nd game in a back-to-back against a team that's playing exceptionally hard right now, fighting for their playoff lives, and some inconsistent refereeing.

Don't get too worked up. Let this wonderful '80s classic soothe you.

Edited by Witchcraft and Sedinery, 16 April 2013 - 08:22 PM.

dontforgettolentil.png

#80 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

yea why not?

If your right why dont the canucks managment ever start luongo? becuase they believe SCHNEIDER will give them the best chance to win. Luongo already had his chance here and he did great lol but it's time to let him go. I'm tired of people blaming Schneider even if he lets in 1 goal in 35 shots of which was a 2-1. For those of you who don't know luongo is the BACKUP now so that means he will only get a game when it's back to back which he already did or if Schneider gets injured or has a meltdown which will rarely happen judging by how he's been playing.

#81 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,358 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

This loss isn't all that concerning to me. Could've gone either way. We played well, considering all our injuries.

My concern though, would be the injuries themselves. Here's hoping we didn't get more banged-up after this one.
Posted Image

#82 John Tortorella

John Tortorella

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Luongos proven. Cory is young and inexperienced
"Oh, and torts is an amazing coach, a father figure type
Ex: yells at you motivates you, but tells you you're amazing and keep it up when you succeed, not AV, the guy that barely talked to his players
Torts will destroy the media hype and all the pressure they put on the players" Shredder 09:23 PM Friday July 5th

#83 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

That was a game where guys like Bieksa and Higgins would have thrived. Would have been nice to have Booth's big body up front too. Kassian was invisible again. WTF is wrong with him? At 22 years old, he should have way more energy than what he exerted tonight. This is what playoff hockey will look like in 2 weeks. If he can't bring it up a notch, make him watch a few from the press box.

#84 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

POPULAR

You have 74 posts I have over 800, I'm right and you're wrong.

Am I doing this right?
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#85 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Last 3 games...

Luongo plays - we win

I didn't start watching until the 3rd again, Canucks looked flat...Schneider made some good saves - and Elliot was just as good if not better...

I don't care about back to back - these guys are professional hockey players - suck it up and give more.

he wasnt even tested. 5 shots in the first 6 in the second and 7 in the third...

#86 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,626 posts

Jonathan Quick was young and inexperienced last year.

aXmDa9t.gif

#87 Captain-Canuck2562

Captain-Canuck2562

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Good game, just shows what a different league this is when the playoffs role around. Would have been great to have another player like Clowe for games like this.

#88 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

how can people say they hate shootouts when the alternative is a TIE game?.... they will never play past 5 minutes of overtime.. this is a physicle game they cant play continuous ovetime like the playoffs in the regular season...everyone would get to worn down..... the alternative is a TIE wich would give the canucks just as many points as a shootout loss ...if it hurts your feelings so bad to see us suck in shootouts ,just turn the tv off after ovetime if you dont like them so much. ...

#89 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

Last 3 games...

Luongo plays - we win

and I say 3 out 4 points on the road in back to back games is quite acceptable... until you've travelled and played 60+ games and slept in dozens of hotel beds eating restaurant food and living out of a suitcase. I'd be slow to judge these guys !!! Bantam hockey doesn't qualify you sir.

#90 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,152 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

Yea ok, Cory has played alot better than Luongo this year.

Kevin Fiala will be a star.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.