Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[PGT] Canucks 1 @ Blues 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
256 replies to this topic

#241 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

I am certain the Blues will go further in the playoffs than the Canucks.

Many people have been saying that for the past 3 years.

#242 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

But...but...there's so many people around here that think they could do a better job than MG, AV and the coaching staff, 'the plugs' and the hotdog vendor...

If only AV could see things as clearly as they do, the Canucks would never lose!
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#243 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Especially right after a loss...

I remember back in '11, there was "no way" they'd ever get past the big, bad Sharks....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#244 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

I have never been high on a small 3rd line center i think roy could be good with kesler and if lapierre can get some time to mesh with the third line he could be good.

#245 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Got a point on a back to back game with key players out, against a team fighting for it's life. Not too worried

Precisely, I can't believe the negativity around here. If Higgins, Tanev and Bieksa are in the line up this is a different game, nevermind back to back on the road.

#246 WindChaser

WindChaser

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

What makes you say that, when was the last time the blues made it to the second round?

they made it to second round last year.. before getting swept by the Kings...
ironically, at least we won one game against the cup champs :bigblush:

#247 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,830 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

They already did last year. By 2 rounds too

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#248 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Canucks Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

they made it to second round last year.. before getting swept by the Kings...
ironically, at least we won one game against the cup champs :bigblush:

They won 3 more games than we did.

#249 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

But...but...there's so many people around here that think they could do a better job than MG, AV and the coaching staff, 'the plugs' and the hotdog vendor...

:D

This is true but I've never seen somebody so deluded as to flat out say it.

I mean...people are dumb. That's all I got.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#250 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

St Louis got away with a small pick on their goal. Schneider was solid let's hope Kassian and Raymond find their A game up to this playoff run..and when get bodies back..and I liked Ebbett he surprised me with his aggressive play.Lastly.. Clear the zone.Clear the zone.Clear the zone.Clear the zone.Clear the zone.Clear the zone.Clear the zone.Clear the zone.Clear the zone.Clear the zone.Clear the zone.

#251 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,939 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

It's interesting there's been a lot of talk about Canucks not being 'big enough, and STL and LA have success cause they are 'big' teams. Sorry, it's just not the whole story. Both teams are grade A puck possession teams - that's why they're successful. Jordan Schroeder, who is the smallest Canucks forward, has lit up the Blues this yr. Him and Raymond have been the most successful line in the first 2 games against the Blues this yr - neither of them are big.

Edit: And this talk about Tanev not making a difference against big teams. Well that's not true at all. I only have the data for 2 of 3 LA Kings games this yr - in both Tanev was gold. Very strong underlying #'s, more than held his own. Not having Tanev on the 3rd pairing is a massive loss - esp against big teams. When you have the puck more, like Tanev does - they're a massive asset against big teams.

Edited by RunningWild, 18 April 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#252 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

back to back games. 3 out of 4 points. pretty damn good if you ask me
Posted Image

#253 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

They already did last year. By 2 rounds too

The Blues went out 2nd round last year

#254 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

Nothing personal, but Ebbet.....cmon....... he's not terrible, just shouldn't be in such an important role.

#255 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

I have never been high on a small 3rd line center i think roy could be good with kesler and if lapierre can get some time to mesh with the third line he could be good.

Yeh that should just about kill off Raymond's production altogether. Remember Raymond? One of the guys who lit us up night after night, when he had some decent line mates?

Cue the "Aw Raymond's crap, trade him for a bag of pucks" brigade while AV craps all over Raymond/this team, shuffling lines to find a place for Roy and Hansen.
Kevin.jpg

#256 jigsaw99

jigsaw99

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

Ebbett cannot play in physical and high intensity games. This is a sign of things for the playoffs. If we have that guy as our 3rd line...

Edited by jigsaw99, 18 April 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#257 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

Nothing personal, but Ebbet.....cmon....... he's not terrible, just shouldn't be in such an important role.

Ebbett cannot play in physical and high intensity games. This is a sign of things for the playoffs. If we have that guy as our 3rd line...

Ebbett is keeping the seat warm until Higgins returns.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.