The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1 @ Blues 2

The Magician

Please tell me Kesler's not injured.

The game wasn't that good for 2 periods, but the 3rd was such a battle everyone forgot about the the first 2

I don't really like to see Van get so outplayed but it's understandable losing to STL. This was a big game for them, they were still in danger of missing the playoffs.

Good on Burrows for looking out for Ballard. Alberts is also good at looking out for teammates.

Schneider was great again.

I know people are mad at Backes but I gotta say he's great fun to watch when STL play a team you don't like. I'd love for them to play Chicago and see the Hawks have to play against him for a series.

Botchfords a troll, but some of his articles are pure gold. Excerpt from the most recent:

For the most part, the Canucks failed. Their top two lines were ground into dust for much of the first 40 minutes and their third line looked like a cruel joke. At least the fading Mason Raymond appears to be rounding into playoff form.

Botchfords a troll, but some of his articles are pure gold. Excerpt from the most recent:

Trollolololololol

:shock:

Edit: Also Canucks army recap:

http://canucksarmy.c...a-bettman-point

Basically outlining what I've already posted. 3rd line got teeth kicked in. Kes line was really bad, and Ballard/Alberts were a train wreck that wouldn't end. Overall, Schneider stole a point. Woot Woot

Please tell me Kesler's not injured.

The game wasn't that good for 2 periods, but the 3rd was such a battle everyone forgot about the the first 2

I don't really like to see Van get so outplayed but it's understandable losing to STL. This was a big game for them, they were still in danger of missing the playoffs.

Good on Burrows for looking out for Ballard. Alberts is also good at looking out for teammates.

Schneider was great again.

I know people are mad at Backes but I gotta say he's great fun to watch when STL play a team you don't like. I'd love for them to play Chicago and see the Hawks have to play against him for a series.

Gotta love a captain that will do everything in his power to lead his team to victory playing hard, battling in the corners and in front of the net, running at players, and slapping around the opposition teams captain a bit.

Unfortunately that captain was wearing blue tonight.

Maybe the Canucks not winning the NW might not be such a bad thing...I would like our chances way better against Anaheim,Chicago or Minny...Getting LA or STL(almost identical teams) in the first round is not a favourable matchup for the Canucks

Still think our team would have a different look with a captain like Doan, Chara, Brown or Backes. These guys play huge roles in their team's effort and results, much of which has nothing to do with creating offense but with energy and intensity. Even Toews will drop the gloves or lay a huge hit when necessary.

The Sedins are great guys and very talented but watching them get slapped around has to be de-moralizing for the team no matter how many times they say it's okay and they don't want the team to take penalties in their defence. Then defend yourself FFS!! This isn't ringette! . Watching Burrows be our tough guy is embarrassing.

I agree. A game like this would have been perfect to showcase Kassian but it doesn't look like hes quite ready. The chippiness of the game was totally suited for him and he really could have made his presence felt with a huge hit or a scrum after the whistle. Kesler, Ballard, Edler and Alberts led the way physically but I would have liked to see more from guys like Kassian, Lapierre.

Sestito and Weise looked like they didnt get too much ice as the game went on but they could have made more of an impact at the early stages of the game.

Other teams that watched tonight's game will say, "moral of the story is to beat up the Canucks. Thats the best way to defeat them"

Pretty ugly for the most part, alright!

This comment from Daniel is what concerns me. "If we get that effort on a nightly basis, we’re going to win a lot of games," Daniel said. "They came out hard but we worked our way back into the game."

If this is truly how they see their performance, what hope is there for change/improvement?

Generally not a good game:

-We had some good pushback moments but still not looking forward to a full series against the Blues or Kings as we will get beaten down

-One of the biggest things that pushed us down from being an elite team IMO is the ability to own the faceoff circle. We were the best team in that category 2 years ago with Manny and Kesler leading the way with Hank being quite capable.. but now with Manny gone, Kes/Hank not as efficient, and Roy/Schroeder getting owned on a consistent basis, the whole flow of the games have changed

-Really missing that "Take it one game at a time" mentality and "swagger" lol

-Sedins had the effort but didn't generate too much. Not really liking their mentality of "we put a good effort, things should end up going our way". Their mentality isn't there right now to carry us to a cup. They've yet to battle through a defensively stingy team in the playoffs and come out the top players. I think they have the skill and strength to push through this hurdle, showing some glimpse of it this season, but it's just not there right now.

-Roy is good but it seems like he doesn't quite have the fire as well? Hopefully Higgins can come back soon and ignite what should be a beast second line

-I thought Ebbett could have fill the third line roll on a temporary basis but he can't play against a half decent team. Schroeder, even with his deficiencies, gives us more of a legit line that can make a push offensively instead of looking like they're fighting to survive each time they're on the ice

-4th line seems useless right now but I think if Higgins is healthy and schroeder is called up, it can be more effective:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Roy

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

-Worried about our defense still but Edler looks to have gained some of his confidence back despite a few blunders here and there. A healthy group should consist of:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard/Alberts - Tanev

-Schneider stole a point for us and will need to be brilliant in the playoffs if we want to go far

With that said I still think we can go deep into the playoffs if things come together..

Busy today-quickly scrolled PGT...Don't think I saw it mentioned, didn't daniel tie Naslund for #2, Van career scoring? If so, congrats to Daniel; twins are PURE CLASS.

Someone mentioned squandered pts(today; Col game). I say don't bother. This team has won a lot of close ones(1 goal games), largely thanks to tending. We gotta' simply accept where we stand this moment.

That said, Minny is gaining with an easier last 5 games, than our boys. Van's gotta get healthy, & get back to playing their best. at least no more bxb's this season-kudos to Schneids for an excellent game! GCG!!

This comment from Daniel is what concerns me. "If we get that effort on a nightly basis, we’re going to win a lot of games," Daniel said. "They came out hard but we worked our way back into the game."

If this is truly how they see their performance, what hope is there for change/improvement?

Archived