25 replies to this topic

#1 ken kaniff

ken kaniff

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

i think the Canuck's should trade for a top 5 pick before its too late and we end up like Calgary being old with no great prospects coming up to replace the old, we need someone to replace the Sedins when they are gone. when they leave and we dont have a replacement we wont be in a good position. There isnt a franchise player that we can build around in our system. everyone is a fringe 1st liner, but mostly 2nd/3rd liner. This years draft has a lot of good players and some great forwards that can be All-stars in the league in the next couple years. what would it take to get a top 5 pick in this years draft (not necessarily 1st overall but top 5 instead)
some prospects that i want are

C Nathan Mackinnon-top line centerman
LW Jonathan Drouin-projected top line sniper (Patrick Kane)
C Elias Lindholm- projected top 6 two-way forward with skill (Henrik Zetterberg)
C Aleksander Barkov-projected top 6 playmaker powerforward (Anze Kopitar)
C Sean Monahan-projected top 6 two way forward (lesser Jonathan Toews)

those are the guys that i would target to fill this teams needs. right now our future is
RW Niklas Jensen-top 6 sniper (maybe 1st line if things go right)
C Brendan Gaunce-3rd line center possible 2nd line center
D Frankie Corrado-top 4 d-man
RW Zack Kassian top 6 powerforward (probably not top line)
C Jordan Schroeder- not looking like he will be a top 6 forward, his skill does not make up for his size like Roy or St.Louis

how is this package for a top 5 pick
D Frankie Corrado,2013 1st round draft pick, 2013 2nd round draft pick

what would it take to get one of those top picks this year?
RIP rick
Sig too big.

#2 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

Start with Edler. Not even joking. You will have to MAJORLY overpay to get a top pick in a draft like this

#3 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

i think the Canuck's should trade for a top 5 pick before its too late and we end up like Calgary being old with no great prospects coming up to replace the old, we need someone to replace the Sedins when they are gone. when they leave and we dont have a replacement we wont be in a good position. There isnt a franchise player that we can build around in our system. everyone is a fringe 1st liner, but mostly 2nd/3rd liner. This years draft has a lot of good players and some great forwards that can be All-stars in the league in the next couple years. what would it take to get a top 5 pick in this years draft (not necessarily 1st overall but top 5 instead)
some prospects that i want are

C Nathan Mackinnon-top line centerman
LW Jonathan Drouin-projected top line sniper (Patrick Kane)
C Elias Lindholm- projected top 6 two-way forward with skill (Henrik Zetterberg)
C Aleksander Barkov-projected top 6 playmaker powerforward (Anze Kopitar)
C Sean Monahan-projected top 6 two way forward (lesser Jonathan Toews)

those are the guys that i would target to fill this teams needs. right now our future is
RW Niklas Jensen-top 6 sniper (maybe 1st line if things go right)
C Brendan Gaunce-3rd line center possible 2nd line center
D Frankie Corrado-top 4 d-man
RW Zack Kassian top 6 powerforward (probably not top line)
C Jordan Schroeder- not looking like he will be a top 6 forward, his skill does not make up for his size like Roy or St.Louis

how is this package for a top 5 pick

First off, your sig is hilarious :bigblush: and second, I think we'd have to seriously overpay for a top 5 pick. I'm satisfied with where we are considering the depth of this draft.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#4 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

We'd have to give up much more than that. And it wouldn't be worth it.

We just need to make room for the cap while not just giving players away. That alone will be tough enough for MG

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#5 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,166 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

Edler and our 1st would be a start, EHR is right you'd have to majorly overpay for a top 5 pick this year.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#6 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Consider that at the last draft, the Islanders offered every draft pick they had, for Columbus' 2nd overall, and Columbus said no. Plus, the Islanders were 4th overall anyway so Columbus wouldn't have fallen that far.

Why would any team give us a top 5 in return for a low first and Carrado ( the low second is basically worthless when compared to ta top 5)?

14diqh3.jpg
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
"There is a time and place for everything but not now."

http://forum.canucks...a-bros-game-on/

#7 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,166 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Consider that at the last draft, the Islanders offered every draft pick they had, for Columbus' 2nd overall, and Columbus said no. Plus, the Islanders were 4th overall anyway so Columbus wouldn't have fallen that far.

Why would any team give us a top 5 in return for a low first and Carrado ( the low second is basically worthless when compared to ta top 5)?

Better still why would we give up Corrado who's one of our few right handed d-men in our system?
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#8 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

Better still why would we give up Corrado who's one of our few right handed d-men in our system?

Was Cannauton right or left?

14diqh3.jpg
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
"There is a time and place for everything but not now."

http://forum.canucks...a-bros-game-on/

#9 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Was Cannauton right or left?

Connauton*. And he was a left side, LH D man

And it would take waaaay more than Corrado, a 1st and a 2nd (which we traded away to get Roy). Try something along the lines of Edler+Luongo or Schneider+1st to get a team to even consider moving their top 5 pick.

Edited by Derek Roy, 17 April 2013 - 01:33 AM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#10 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

I'll give you a hint, not this:

RIP LB RR PD

#11 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Going by today's standings...

1. Florida
2. Colorado
3. Calgary
4. Carolina
5. Nashville
6. Tampa Bay
7. Edmonton
8. New Jersey
9. Philadelphia
10. Buffalo

10 pts separates from 1-10.

Florida, Calgary, and Buffalo is doing a full rebuld so they won't be trading their #1 pick.

Colorado: Edler + 1st + top 6 prospect.
Carolina: Edler + 1st + prospect.
Nashville: Kesler + 1st
Tampa Bay: Schneider + 1st
Edmonton: Edler
New Jersey: Schneider
Philadephia: Schneider or Edler
Buffalo: Kesler

The above is just a guess of what the team's would want for their #1 pick. Personally I wouldn't make any major trades (aside from Luongo trade) that would blow up the core team until the Sedins retire.

#12 bctim

bctim

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Frankly I think Philadephia is the only team were likely to get a top 5-10 pick out of this year and that is only if we trade Lou or Schneider in some sort of package deal. Such as Loungo, Ballard, Booth and our 3rd rounder for Philly's 1st rounder and the Schenn brothers.

#13 ken kaniff

ken kaniff

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Frankly I think Philadephia is the only team were likely to get a top 5-10 pick out of this year and that is only if we trade Lou or Schneider in some sort of package deal. Such as Loungo, Ballard, Booth and our 3rd rounder for Philly's 1st rounder and the Schenn brothers.

dont think they will ever happen. we cant dump our trash onto a team for good players. im a philly fan and i would laugh if that was even offered. Ballard and Booth are cap dumps, the schenn brothers are way better. Luongo is the only part i want but i wouldnt give up the 1st or the schenn brothers to get him. i had another proposal Read, 2nd, 3rd for Luongo
RIP rick
Sig too big.

#14 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

1. Florida
2. Colorado
3. Calgary
4. Carolina
5. Nashville
6. Tampa Bay
7. Edmonton
8. New Jersey
9. Philadelphia
10. Buffalo

Florida, Calgary, and Buffalo is doing a full rebuld so they won't be trading their #1 pick.

The above is just a guess of what the team's would want for their #1 pick. Personally I wouldn't make any major trades (aside from Luongo trade) that would blow up the core team until the Sedins retire.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Kesler and a 1st for a 5th overall pick?
and Kesler for 10th overall pick? Filip Forsberg was 10th overall and he got aquired for Erat.

MASSIVE OVERPAYMENT on all of them.
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#15 Messien10

Messien10

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

dont think they will ever happen. we cant dump our trash onto a team for good players. im a philly fan and i would laugh if that was even offered. Ballard and Booth are cap dumps, the schenn brothers are way better. Luongo is the only part i want but i wouldnt give up the 1st or the schenn brothers to get him. i had another proposal Read, 2nd, 3rd for Luongo

That's actually a very fair deal for both sides.

#16 JHansenFan

JHansenFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

I would take read and the picks. If the Canucks were to say throw in a things such as our 1st+2nd+prospect(McNally?) would you think from a flyers perspective it would make it a first? Assuming the pick would be 12-15 and your second and third would be taken out of the deal

Posted Image
Sick Sig Made By: allons-y

#17 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

Sedins, Kesler, Schneider, that about it.

#18 SunnyHours

SunnyHours

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Ballard and Booth to Edmonton for their first rounder? They get some much needed size (Booth), experience (both) and playmaking D (Ballard). I'd say throw in our second but we don't have that - next years second? Maybe even this years first?

Edited by J83, 20 April 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#19 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Ballard and Booth to Edmonton for their first rounder? They get some much needed size (Booth), experience (both) and playmaking D (Ballard). I'd say throw in our second but we don't have that - next years second? Maybe even this years first?

Ha. Haha. Hahaha. Hahahaha. Edmonton's pick is still gonna be in the top 15. They're not gonna trade their diamond for our rocks.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#20 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

The deals that would have to happen would be mind boggling. If they were to happen, MG would be starting a rebuild.

#21 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,729 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Kesler and a 1st for a 5th overall pick?
and Kesler for 10th overall pick? Filip Forsberg was 10th overall and he got aquired for Erat.

MASSIVE OVERPAYMENT on all of them.

But one has to consider that you are taking their first round pick and we are in a bad position with the cap going down.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#22 wizeman

wizeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Do you guys know how long it takes to develop a player? The player has to be willing to be developed, have the patience ,skill and right circumstance.

You dont go through all those years and money developing a guy..........to just trade him away for another draft pick so you can start all over again.

I dont trade Ryan Kesler for the 1st overall pick. Jones and Mc Kinnon will not be a good as kesler for years, if they ever develop to that point.

I would trade Edler for the first overall pick. But teams are also starting to see holes in his game so they might shy away .

Cory Schneider would not fetch the first overall but he would fetch the 10th overall and a solid top 6 two way player.

#23 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Do you guys know how long it takes to develop a player? The player has to be willing to be developed, have the patience ,skill and right circumstance.

You dont go through all those years and money developing a guy..........to just trade him away for another draft pick so you can start all over again.

I dont trade Ryan Kesler for the 1st overall pick. Jones and Mc Kinnon will not be a good as kesler for years, if they ever develop to that point.

I would trade Edler for the first overall pick. But teams are also starting to see holes in his game so they might shy away .

Cory Schneider would not fetch the first overall but he would fetch the 10th overall and a solid top 6 two way player.

Why not just add..in my humble opinion other stating opinions as facts . You just might become a little more palatable and less obnoxious.

Edited by smurf47, 21 April 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#24 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

1. Florida
2. Colorado
3. Calgary
4. Carolina
5. Nashville
6. Tampa Bay
7. Edmonton
8. New Jersey
9. Philadelphia
10. Buffalo

And all those trades are a joke. Nobody gets anything done if teams set the bar way too high.
Posted Image

#25 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

I personally would do A

Edler+ Booth+1st round pick for their 1st round pick and a salary dump such as stastny (more than likely buy him out).

two areas that Col needs to upgrade is Defence and the left wing so i believe they would take this deal.

with the pick i would take Mackinnon. Very fast player compliments our team very well.

After this trade we could trade luongo for a first round pick from the islander (i don't think he cares where he plays now since his contract "sucks").

Buy out Ballard
Buy out Stastny
Resign tanev for 1.8 mill a year
Lappy 1.5 mill a year
Torres 1.5 mill a year
Whitney 2 mil a year
Roy 5 mill a year
Barker 0.75 mill a year
Vandeemeer 0.75mill a year
Pininzotto 0.900 mill a year

Then we could have:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Roy Kesler Jensen
Higgins Mackinnon Hansen
Torres Lappy Kassian
Pininzotto

Hamuis Bieksa
Garrison Corrado
Whitney Tanev
Barker Vandeemeer

Schneider
Lack

This line up is salary cap compliant did it in cap geek and it looks like an awsome line up. As it was too much cap was being spent on our D.

#26 Baslund

Baslund

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Trade Luongo and Edler for the pick that will become Seth Jones!

RETIRE NUMBER #19

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.