The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) Trading for a top 5 pick

i think the Canuck's should trade for a top 5 pick before its too late and we end up like Calgary being old with no great prospects coming up to replace the old, we need someone to replace the Sedins when they are gone. when they leave and we dont have a replacement we wont be in a good position. There isnt a franchise player that we can build around in our system. everyone is a fringe 1st liner, but mostly 2nd/3rd liner. This years draft has a lot of good players and some great forwards that can be All-stars in the league in the next couple years. what would it take to get a top 5 pick in this years draft (not necessarily 1st overall but top 5 instead)

some prospects that i want are

C Nathan Mackinnon-top line centerman

LW Jonathan Drouin-projected top line sniper (Patrick Kane)

C Elias Lindholm- projected top 6 two-way forward with skill (Henrik Zetterberg)

C Aleksander Barkov-projected top 6 playmaker powerforward (Anze Kopitar)

C Sean Monahan-projected top 6 two way forward (lesser Jonathan Toews)

those are the guys that i would target to fill this teams needs. right now our future is

RW Niklas Jensen-top 6 sniper (maybe 1st line if things go right)

C Brendan Gaunce-3rd line center possible 2nd line center

D Frankie Corrado-top 4 d-man

RW Zack Kassian top 6 powerforward (probably not top line)

C Jordan Schroeder- not looking like he will be a top 6 forward, his skill does not make up for his size like Roy or St.Louis

how is this package for a top 5 pick

D Frankie Corrado,2013 1st round draft pick, 2013 2nd round draft pick

what would it take to get one of those top picks this year?

i think the Canuck's should trade for a top 5 pick before its too late and we end up like Calgary being old with no great prospects coming up to replace the old, we need someone to replace the Sedins when they are gone. when they leave and we dont have a replacement we wont be in a good position. There isnt a franchise player that we can build around in our system. everyone is a fringe 1st liner, but mostly 2nd/3rd liner. This years draft has a lot of good players and some great forwards that can be All-stars in the league in the next couple years. what would it take to get a top 5 pick in this years draft (not necessarily 1st overall but top 5 instead)

some prospects that i want are

C Nathan Mackinnon-top line centerman

LW Jonathan Drouin-projected top line sniper (Patrick Kane)

C Elias Lindholm- projected top 6 two-way forward with skill (Henrik Zetterberg)

C Aleksander Barkov-projected top 6 playmaker powerforward (Anze Kopitar)

C Sean Monahan-projected top 6 two way forward (lesser Jonathan Toews)

those are the guys that i would target to fill this teams needs. right now our future is

RW Niklas Jensen-top 6 sniper (maybe 1st line if things go right)

C Brendan Gaunce-3rd line center possible 2nd line center

D Frankie Corrado-top 4 d-man

RW Zack Kassian top 6 powerforward (probably not top line)

C Jordan Schroeder- not looking like he will be a top 6 forward, his skill does not make up for his size like Roy or St.Louis

how is this package for a top 5 pick

D Frankie Corrado,2013 1st round draft pick, 2013 2nd round draft pick

what would it take to get one of those top picks this year?

Consider that at the last draft, the Islanders offered every draft pick they had, for Columbus' 2nd overall, and Columbus said no. Plus, the Islanders were 4th overall anyway so Columbus wouldn't have fallen that far.

Why would any team give us a top 5 in return for a low first and Carrado ( the low second is basically worthless when compared to ta top 5)?

Consider that at the last draft, the Islanders offered every draft pick they had, for Columbus' 2nd overall, and Columbus said no. Plus, the Islanders were 4th overall anyway so Columbus wouldn't have fallen that far.

Why would any team give us a top 5 in return for a low first and Carrado ( the low second is basically worthless when compared to ta top 5)?

Going by today's standings...

1. Florida

2. Colorado

3. Calgary

4. Carolina

5. Nashville

6. Tampa Bay

7. Edmonton

8. New Jersey

9. Philadelphia

10. Buffalo

10 pts separates from 1-10.

Florida, Calgary, and Buffalo is doing a full rebuld so they won't be trading their #1 pick.

Colorado: Edler + 1st + top 6 prospect.

Carolina: Edler + 1st + prospect.

Nashville: Kesler + 1st

Tampa Bay: Schneider + 1st

Edmonton: Edler

New Jersey: Schneider

Philadephia: Schneider or Edler

Buffalo: Kesler

The above is just a guess of what the team's would want for their #1 pick. Personally I wouldn't make any major trades (aside from Luongo trade) that would blow up the core team until the Sedins retire.

Frankly I think Philadephia is the only team were likely to get a top 5-10 pick out of this year and that is only if we trade Lou or Schneider in some sort of package deal. Such as Loungo, Ballard, Booth and our 3rd rounder for Philly's 1st rounder and the Schenn brothers.

Frankly I think Philadephia is the only team were likely to get a top 5-10 pick out of this year and that is only if we trade Lou or Schneider in some sort of package deal. Such as Loungo, Ballard, Booth and our 3rd rounder for Philly's 1st rounder and the Schenn brothers.

Going by today's standings...

1. Florida

2. Colorado

3. Calgary

4. Carolina

5. Nashville

6. Tampa Bay

7. Edmonton

8. New Jersey

9. Philadelphia

10. Buffalo

10 pts separates from 1-10.

Florida, Calgary, and Buffalo is doing a full rebuld so they won't be trading their #1 pick.

Colorado: Edler + 1st + top 6 prospect.

Carolina: Edler + 1st + prospect.

Nashville: Kesler + 1st

Tampa Bay: Schneider + 1st

Edmonton: Edler

New Jersey: Schneider

Philadephia: Schneider or Edler

Buffalo: Kesler

The above is just a guess of what the team's would want for their #1 pick. Personally I wouldn't make any major trades (aside from Luongo trade) that would blow up the core team until the Sedins retire.

dont think they will ever happen. we cant dump our trash onto a team for good players. im a philly fan and i would laugh if that was even offered. Ballard and Booth are cap dumps, the schenn brothers are way better. Luongo is the only part i want but i wouldnt give up the 1st or the schenn brothers to get him. i had another proposal Read, 2nd, 3rd for Luongo

dont think they will ever happen. we cant dump our trash onto a team for good players. im a philly fan and i would laugh if that was even offered. Ballard and Booth are cap dumps, the schenn brothers are way better. Luongo is the only part i want but i wouldnt give up the 1st or the schenn brothers to get him. i had another proposal Read, 2nd, 3rd for Luongo

Ballard and Booth to Edmonton for their first rounder? They get some much needed size (Booth), experience (both) and playmaking D (Ballard). I'd say throw in our second but we don't have that - next years second? Maybe even this years first?

Archived