The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) Trading for a top 5 pick

Do you guys know how long it takes to develop a player? The player has to be willing to be developed, have the patience ,skill and right circumstance.

You dont go through all those years and money developing a guy..........to just trade him away for another draft pick so you can start all over again.

I dont trade Ryan Kesler for the 1st overall pick. Jones and Mc Kinnon will not be a good as kesler for years, if they ever develop to that point.

I would trade Edler for the first overall pick. But teams are also starting to see holes in his game so they might shy away .

Cory Schneider would not fetch the first overall but he would fetch the 10th overall and a solid top 6 two way player.

Do you guys know how long it takes to develop a player? The player has to be willing to be developed, have the patience ,skill and right circumstance.

You dont go through all those years and money developing a guy..........to just trade him away for another draft pick so you can start all over again.

I dont trade Ryan Kesler for the 1st overall pick. Jones and Mc Kinnon will not be a good as kesler for years, if they ever develop to that point.

I would trade Edler for the first overall pick. But teams are also starting to see holes in his game so they might shy away .

Cory Schneider would not fetch the first overall but he would fetch the 10th overall and a solid top 6 two way player.

Going by today's standings...

1. Florida

2. Colorado

3. Calgary

4. Carolina

5. Nashville

6. Tampa Bay

7. Edmonton

8. New Jersey

9. Philadelphia

10. Buffalo

10 pts separates from 1-10.

Florida, Calgary, and Buffalo is doing a full rebuld so they won't be trading their #1 pick.

Colorado: Edler + 1st + top 6 prospect.

Carolina: Edler + 1st + prospect.

Nashville: Kesler + 1st

Tampa Bay: Schneider + 1st

Edmonton: Edler

New Jersey: Schneider

Philadephia: Schneider or Edler

Buffalo: Kesler

The above is just a guess of what the team's would want for their #1 pick. Personally I wouldn't make any major trades (aside from Luongo trade) that would blow up the core team until the Sedins retire.

I personally would do A

Edler+ Booth+1st round pick for their 1st round pick and a salary dump such as stastny (more than likely buy him out).

two areas that Col needs to upgrade is Defence and the left wing so i believe they would take this deal.

with the pick i would take Mackinnon. Very fast player compliments our team very well.

After this trade we could trade luongo for a first round pick from the islander (i don't think he cares where he plays now since his contract "sucks").

Buy out Ballard

Buy out Stastny

Resign tanev for 1.8 mill a year

Lappy 1.5 mill a year

Torres 1.5 mill a year

Whitney 2 mil a year

Roy 5 mill a year

Barker 0.75 mill a year

Vandeemeer 0.75mill a year

Pininzotto 0.900 mill a year

Then we could have:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Roy Kesler Jensen

Higgins Mackinnon Hansen

Torres Lappy Kassian

Pininzotto

Hamuis Bieksa

Garrison Corrado

Whitney Tanev

Barker Vandeemeer

Schneider

Lack

This line up is salary cap compliant did it in cap geek and it looks like an awsome line up. As it was too much cap was being spent on our D.

Archived