The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Derek Joslin

depth is depth.. don't make big mistakes, move the puck, don't see why people here seem to want to tear guys apart for not being norris calibre dmen playing in the third pairing.

also loved the way alberts played last night.. guy had a pulse which was nice to see. thats the kind of depth we'll need come playoffs

YES MY BROTHERS! LET US PICK UP OUR PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES AND MARCH TO ROGERS ARENA WHERE WE WILL HUNT DOWN GILLIS AND HANG HIM BY HIS FAT NECK!!! (oh wait we havent see what Joslins capable of? We havent been following all his games? Vancouver has scouts watching their farm players all the time to see who is performing better than the others? We are just fans and really dont know what the hell we are talking about?) NEVER MIND GUYS!!!

barbrady.jpeg

joslin was pretty bad during the lockout, which was months ago obviously. he's been quite a bit better since. What annoys me about the situation is that we don't have a single prospect to give this opportunity to. corrado is the closest but he's played a ton of hockey and only one game in the A this year so far.

Joslin was recalled over Vadermeer because the Wolves are still in the playoff hunt while Worcester is not.

GIlman said during a radio segment today - that they don't want to 'hurt' (not the word he used) their partners, thus Joslin was recalled as it means nothin to Worcester.

Did you watch Joslin play for the Wolves? He was constantly their worst defenseman.

They traded him to worcester cause he sucks and worcester was desperate for a d-man.

The only reason Sauve wasn't in the AHL is because the Wolves had a logjam of AHL defenseman signed to contracts. He was a victim of the numbers game, nothing more. He has been a better d-man in every game I've seen him play this season.

Archived