The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Derek Joslin

Honeslty, I feel the whole right-handed defencemen thing is overblown nowadays when just a few years ago, among the fanbase and media, there was never talk about "sided" defencemen. There's ways around a lefty playing the right side such as the forwards supporting down low for the reverse.

True...BUT from listening to TEAM 1040, all of Canucks left-handed Defencemen have all said that they are more comfortable playing the left side and prefer to play that side. If you are uncomfortable playing the right side...chances are you are more prone to make mistakes. Look at this season...and you can see the Nucks need more right handed defencemen.

Ballard made my eyes hurt last night. So so bad...I bet he's dropped. So many turn overs and lapse in concentration. Getting caught with the puck up ice. Very poor and deserves to be dropped. No excuse for the money he's on. I like Ballard but the time has come to move on. We can't have a high risk defence man with no high reward.

Those forwards are not getting pasted.The D is.

Jason Garrison is doing a marvelous job but the majority of d men can not successfully make this transition.

It is the most dangerous position in hockey played at the highest level.Garrison is an anomoly.

Lot.s of people jumping to conclusions here. Could be another injury on D or maybe KB3s injury is worse than they thought -they want another D so the aren't reliant on Barker/Alberts. Although, I do think Alberts has picked up his game and will be an asset in the playoffs. BTW, those of you that wanted to see KB3 benched, are you happy now?

I know how folks love to criticize Rome, but he was great to have on the back end when they played the physical/aggressive teams.

If Joslin gets to play, this is a big opportunity for him and I'm sure he'll be all in. He is a decent size and has a hard shot. I don't know, but perhaps since the move to Worcester he has been playing better.

Lot.s of people jumping to conclusions here. Could be another injury on D or maybe KB3s injury is worse than they thought -they want another D so the aren't reliant on Barker/Alberts. Although, I do think Alberts has picked up his game and will be an asset in the playoffs. BTW, those of you that wanted to see KB3 benched, are you happy now?

I know how folks love to criticize Rome, but he was great to have on the back end when they played the physical/aggressive teams.

If Joslin gets to play, this is a big opportunity for him and I'm sure he'll be all in. He is a decent size and has a hard shot. I don't know, but perhaps since the move to Worcester he has been playing better.

Finally I get to wear my Joslin jersey!

I would have liked to see vandermeer after watching the blues push us around last night. We did push back to an extent, but a guy like Jim would have snapped and left their captain skating off the ice holding his face. I'm getting sick of watching someone rough up henrik and seeing a mediocre push back. If I was the coach I would put together a compilation of all that sedin crap and sit the entire team down and say "this does not happen again or the idiot doesn't leave Rogers arena on his own 2 legs".

Archived