#1 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

POPULAR

Playing much better this season, actually. Way better than he has in previous years. He's sticking up for teammates, playing solidly defensively, and constantly jumping up into the rush without being a defensive liability. Really solid 6th defenseman, never mind 7th. I'm comfortable with him slotting into our top 4 if injuries require it... Just took him some time.

Just gotta love the big hits, big shot, and solid play. Just love it!

#2 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

Agreed!!! Keep it up... consistency will win him that 6th roster spot!
Posted Image

#3 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,726 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Another one of Gillis's successful acquisitions.

#4 Ride the red Pony

Ride the red Pony

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

Playing much better this season, actually. Way better than he has in previous years. He's sticking up for teammates, playing solidly defensively, and constantly jumping up into the rush without being a defensive liability. Really solid 6th defenseman, never mind 7th. I'm comfortable with him slotting into our top 4 if injuries require it... Just took him some time.

Just gotta love the big hits, big shot, and solid play. Just love it!

Agree, was never a big fan of Alberts, the past while he has looked like he belongs, good to see the big man punishing people in front of the net. Keep it up Andy !!!!!!!

#5 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

It must be tough for a player to just practice with the team and almost never play. I'm happy that he has been able to play a good amount of games recently.

#6 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,531 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Alberts for MVP!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 22Sedinery33

22Sedinery33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Who needs Rome when you have Alberts for Norris! ::D
Posted Image

#8 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

It must be tough for a player to just practice with the team and almost never play. I'm happy that he has been able to play a good amount of games recently.

He's been earning the ice time, that's for sure.

#9 Cynrgee

Cynrgee

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

He's been earning the ice time, that's for sure.

Yeah he looked pretty solid last night and showed some spunk.
Posted Image
Thanks to Vintage Canuck for the sig.

#10 Honeydew

Honeydew

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

Very solid play from double A much like it when he throws his body around but still in position to make the defensive play.
Posted Image

#11 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,688 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

I've never had a big problem with Alberts play but I figured this season he was going to be pushed out by Barker. Not a dig on Barker but Alberts has been quite a bit more valuable when he's on the ice than Barker has this season.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Canucks17_33_22

Canucks17_33_22

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

Alberts has definitely improved this season with his foot speed and physical plays. He's gonna be effective in the playoffs if he keeps this up!

#13 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

Lucky for him av still hates Ballard so alberts Tanev pairng for playoffs?

#14 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,288 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Very pleased to see not only his physical presence be a factor, but he has been one of our best D at skating the puck out of the D zone. Something this team is lacking. With that combination, he could be a big factor in the post-season.

#15 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,688 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

POPULAR

Lucky for him av still hates Ballard so alberts Tanev pairng for playoffs?

yawn
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Noticed this year his game has a lot of bite too. He gets more involved physically which is something most of our dman lack besides Bieksa. I was actually really impressed last night with both him and Ballard together as they showed a very rugged game yesterday, something we need from a bottom d pairing.

2moy3iq.png

#17 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

Alberts plays like he wants to be in the team........Barker because somebody called his name out.

As I said on my "Why we need these guys come the playoffs." thread Alberts has been improving every game and he fronts up for his team mates, something Tanev is going to have to show more of if he wants to be a playoff player in this team.
Kevin.jpg

#18 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

If you look at what Alberts looked like when he first arrived here and compare it to now, I think it's obvious how hard he has worked and why Gillis re-signed him with a raise.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#19 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Haha at first I thought Backes was making fun of Alberts flow in the box, but it was about Kassians hair line. :lol:

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#20 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,288 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Haha at first I thought Backes was making fun of Alberts flow in the box, but it was about Kassians hair line. :lol:

What'e even funnier is how obvious Backes's own thinning hair is!! He's only a couple years away from a fairly large forehead himself!! ::D

#21 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Him jumping on weber really won me over I was okay with his play could be better but when we have hamhuis Edler Tanev and bieksa we need some big tough dman in the playoffs

#22 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

If Alberts maintains his truly solid defensive play and ferocity he will be indispensible during the playoffs.

Add Vandermeer to the mix and the Canucks will be on tough piece of business.
Posted Image

#23 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,378 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Very pleased to see not only his physical presence be a factor, but he has been one of our best D at skating the puck out of the D zone. Something this team is lacking. With that combination, he could be a big factor in the post-season.

Really? did you mean skate it out and dump or actually make a play? I didn't see too many occasions where he led the rush or w/e if that's what you mean; good to see him use his size though, plus I think he and Ballard should be together in the playoffs, not only for his shutdown play with Ballard's puck moving but since both guys have bite and don't back down.

Him jumping on weber really won me over I was okay with his play could be better but when we have hamhuis Edler Tanev and bieksa we need some big tough dman in the playoffs

People keep talking about this but is it online?

Edited by Phil_314, 17 April 2013 - 12:17 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#24 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Alberts has constistently been playing good defensively, as well aggressively. Was never really a fan of him, but this season he has played spectacular. Alberts > Barker

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#25 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,288 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Really? did you mean skate it out and dump or actually make a play? I didn't see too many occasions where he led the rush or w/e if that's what you mean; good to see him use his size though, plus I think he and Ballard should be together in the playoffs, not only for his shutdown play with Ballard's puck moving but since both guys have bite and don't back down.

Not saying he did an end-to-ender or trying to pass him off as the next Paul Coffee, but on a number of occasions, he carried the puck out over the blueline quite effectively while being harrassed and gained neutral ice and/or got the puck deep. His foot speed looked pretty good and he didn't try to do anything beyond his capabilities. Having that option, makes it harder to on defending teams who are obviously keying on our strategy to go up the boards 99% of the time.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 17 April 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#26 freebass

freebass

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

People keep talking about this but is it online?

Well if it isn't online then it can't be true right?

I never thought this forum would ever be any good but this whole penis thing is pretty awesome.

I said we lost to USA because of ARE GOALTENDING!!! do you know how to read?

#27 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,688 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Well if it isn't online then it can't be true right?

Or he just didn't see it and wants to know if it's online.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

He's been solid as a 6/7 depth defensemen. I like the way he has played.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#29 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,861 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

True. In the past he has been a solid 7th d-man. A guy who would push the opposition back, but now this season for whatever reason he looks a lot better and if an injury does occur I would be a lot more comfortable with him making up for it then I would have felt in the past.

Him and Ballard could very well fight for that last spot on D when Tanev/Bieksa return.

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#30 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

True. In the past he has been a solid 7th d-man. A guy who would push the opposition back, but now this season for whatever reason he looks a lot better and if an injury does occur I would be a lot more comfortable with him making up for it then I would have felt in the past.

Him and Ballard could very well fight for that last spot on D when Tanev/Bieksa return.

That is the likely scenario.

Against a big, physical team like the Blues or the Kings, we might need Alberts' size in the lineup. Ballard was game last night, but there isn't much you can do when you're outweighed by 40 lbs...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.