The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most Talented & Skilled Team in the History of the NHL?

toss up for me between the Isles (Potvin, Bossy, Trottier, Gillies, Tonelli, Goring, Billy Smith)

or the Oilers (Gretzky, Kurri, Coffey, Messier, Anderson, Fuhr, Lowe)

Both of those are scary good line ups with many hall of famers

i guess id go with the Oilers for the pure offensive talent

Im sure the 50's, 60's or 70's Habs belong with them, but i wasnt around to watch them, so dont relate as much as i do with the Isles and Oilers of the 80's

i'd take that team with Lemieux Jagr Francis Murphy Samuelsson barasso over the current penguin any day for those that ranks the 2013 penguin way up there... Crosby is a generational player.. but i still put gretzky and lemieux ahead of him... one can only imagine how many points they could put up if there was no clutch and grab back then..

The 79 Canadiens. I don't think anyone ever came close to building an equivalent blueline as the Canadiens did in this period. That blue line consisted of Larry Robinson, Serge Savard and Guy Lapointe. Throw in Pierre Bouchard and Rod Langway into that list and you have the greatest blue line of all time. At forward their top line consisted of Guy Lafleur, Jacques Lemaire and Steve Shutt. Excellent role players in Tremblay, Lambert and Gainey. And for the final kicker, Ken Dryden in net.

I don't understand the point of what you're saying. Are you saying that because there are lots of <25 year-olds nobody was around to see various dynasties throughout history, and therefore their 'comments here done mean crape." ? Are you saying that my comment specifically 'done mean crape' because it is one of 'a lot of comments' made by <25 year-olds?

From what I've seen(got into hockey in the mid-late 90's) I would say the early-mid 2000's had great teams in Detroit and Colorado. It was around that time, can't remember exact year(s). They had great depth which no team would be able to duplicate in today's NHL with the salary cap.

This year's edition of the Penguins isn't even the best team in THEIR franchise's history, let alone the entire NHL's.

Lemieux>Crosby

Jagr>Malkin

Francis>Iginla

Coffey>Letang

Trottier>Kunitz

Archived