Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Game Discussion: Vancouver vs. Dallas (18/04/2013 5:30PM)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
914 replies to this topic

#901 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,827 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

actually no when roy was added to the team everyone saw an instant change for the better and when kesler came back the team played even better it was only when tanev and bieksa came out of the lineup when this team fell apart the last 2 games

That's not really an excuse for lackluster play. Other teams have these types of injuries. Even they showed effort. Its not the losing that is worrisome. Its the overall feel that is a cause for concern. We don't seem to be fighting for it.

If there was effort and we still lose, then so be it.

So we better find our game or else the playoffs is gonna be short one.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#902 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,827 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

We were missing Kes. Booth. Higgins. Bieksa. Tanev. At any given time in any combination.

Here's my deal - not denial, I don't hold some magic ability to foresee the future. Not sure you do either. And if you think this team CAN'T win, then why bother? You're wasting everyone's time, including your own. Doesn't help to stick around and whine and mope.

I'm here every game, start to finish. I just love that the naysayers ONLY chime in at the end, when there's a loss in progress. Sorry, not sure I'm the wrong type of fan in this.

Truth is, we had relied on goaltending for a while now.

Even then there was effort and glimpse of hope. That is all. Its not the losing that is of a concern to me.

Edited by Monteeun, 18 April 2013 - 08:29 PM.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#903 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

To blame Schneider for this debacle is baseless. He did what he could despite the horrible defense. Barker and Ballard were putrid, Hamhuis seems to be slipping, while I would say Edler, Garrison, and Alberts at least did what they could from a physical standpoint.

Relying on a goaltender to save you games won't work in the playoffs.

All the same, this game was horrible. Hopefully the team is embarrassed thoroughly by this and does something about it. Otherwise, it will be another disappointing end to the season.

Edited by Canuck-a-nuck, 18 April 2013 - 08:30 PM.

Posted Image

#904 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,209 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

I've got a hanky for you, if you need it.

Actually a realist will be honest with themselves and others when the team they follow and support takes a big steamy one against a team out of playoff contention. Is it one game? Yes. Is it an important game that could have signed the teams ticket into the postseason? Yes. Yes. Yes.

I am still a Canucks fan and do want to see them win the Cup, but not if they play like they couldn't give a funk. Sorry but getting cold now is the worst thing for them to do. The team went on a win streak without Kesler in the line up.

I'm hoping Minny wins so the pressure becomes unbearable and the Canucks dig deep like they did earlier this year. If they do, we have a case. If they can't, well then the writings on the wall, isn't it?

I support the Canucks when the look and play like they care.

That first line? Save it.

You're the one who honestly sounds like he needs it. I'm good - having fun watching hockey. I watch it all and just love that the playoffs are upon us. So you keep whining and moping and jumping in and out when the boys "prove themselves" to you...I'll do my thing which is watch some hockey. I don't just watch for the explosive wins...I watch. Period. Because it's a sport I enjoy. I support the Canucks period.

It only looks easy bud. They're trying, believe me. But I'm sure you'd do better.

Oh, and let me add - a realist would consider that the team has played 4 games in 6 nights on the road. So yeah, realistic to expect them to come out flying and win every game.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#905 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,827 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

I just hope I don't see Scheids brain farts in the playoffs. One usually can't get anything behind cory but when he has his brainfarts, one can score on him 3 times in a matter of a few minuets.

THis isn't on Cory.

You can't just wait until a goalie has an off game(even though this wasn't really an offgame for Cory) and then come on here and rip on him.

Jeez, people did this to Luongo. That's not repeat that for Schneider.

Edited by Monteeun, 18 April 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#906 Yoshitomo

Yoshitomo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Well, I guess we'll see which Canucks team shows up the next game. Toonight, three things come to mind: No speed through neutral zone, D-men are slow and guys losing their man. Goaltending has been fine this year so our goalies are doing their part.

I'm just looking forward to Chicago. Win or lose, I don't care. Just hoping to see some smart and intense hockey. Oh, where are the big hits this year?
"You wanna be a farmer? Here's a couple of acres!"

#907 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

That first line? Save it.

You're the one who honestly sounds like he needs it. I'm good - having fun watching hockey. I watch it all and just love that the playoffs are upon us. So you keep whining and moping and jumping in and out when the boys "prove themselves" to you...I'll do my thing which is watch some hockey. I don't just watch for the explosive wins...I watch. Period. Because it's a sport I enjoy. I support the Canucks period.

It only looks easy bud. They're trying, believe me. But I'm sure you'd do better.

Oh, and let me add - a realist would consider that the team has played 4 games in 6 nights on the road. So yeah, realistic to expect them to come out flying and win every game.

The first line? Saved. Feel free to use it sometime.

Deb you gotta understand that I don't think I can do better. These guys are one of, if not the best team in the league.............when they want to be. That's the problem.

I'm pretty sure I never said that this team needs to prove itself to me. While I do fancy myself a pretty neat fellow, I don't have delusions of grandeur. This team needs to win for only one entity.......itself. We are merely fans who appreciate the game and how they play it. But as fans we have a right to call this team a dog when they play like it.

I understand the Canucks will lose sometimes. They lost to the Blues yesterday, but that was a battle that they could be proud of. Tonight? That is an abject failure by their standards.

But keep on getting angry..........

Edited by Canuck-a-nuck, 18 April 2013 - 09:01 PM.

Posted Image

#908 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,649 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Truth is, we had relied on goaltending for a while now.

Even then there was effort and glimpse of hope. That is all. Its not the losing that is of a concern to me.

We got blown out be Detroit when they had to ice 7 AHL replacements.

WE go tdominated by Nashville and they had 5 AHLers in their lineup.

Injuries are an excuse for losers. Pittsburgh is dominating everyone and is missing Crosby (best player in the world) and Malkin and had been without Letang.

Always lots of excuses for the Nucks playing like crap...the refs hate us; too much travel; back-to-back games; too many guys injured (Higgins and Tanev = 3rd line checker and 6th D man, REALLY?): games isn't important; saving themselves for the playoffs.

Face it, they just aren't playing good hockey no matter who is on the ice. The only reason this team is in the positio nthey are is, they have better goaltending most nights than their opposition. Significantly better. When the goalies play average, this team looks like the keystone cops!

#909 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

We got blown out be Detroit when they had to ice 7 AHL replacements.

WE go tdominated by Nashville and they had 5 AHLers in their lineup.

Injuries are an excuse for losers. Pittsburgh is dominating everyone and is missing Crosby (best player in the world) and Malkin and had been without Letang.

Always lots of excuses for the Nucks playing like crap...the refs hate us; too much travel; back-to-back games; too many guys injured (Higgins and Tanev = 3rd line checker and 6th D man, REALLY?): games isn't important; saving themselves for the playoffs.

Face it, they just aren't playing good hockey no matter who is on the ice. The only reason this team is in the positio nthey are is, they have better goaltending most nights than their opposition. Significantly better. When the goalies play average, this team looks like the keystone cops!

I'd have to say that you might be onto something there.
Posted Image

#910 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

I think it could've been worse.

Yeah someone could have been injured. That's about the only thing that could have made that excuse for a game worse.

Who knows, maybe someone did.
Posted Image

#911 niklas

niklas

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

Lp

#912 rightasrain

rightasrain

Comets Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Well, it certainly looks like they are playing to stay healthy. I don't know any other reason for their lethargic play. It has been awhile now that every team can beat them on the boards. They never used to be beaten on the boards. I don't know, they are not playing to their potential for sure. I don't think they care where they end up. For two years they played hard to win for home ice, and I think they look like they just want to get into the playoffs rested and healthy.

#913 gearworx

gearworx

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

I agree with Deb. +1
Some fans think the sky is falling after every game.
Chicken little running around stirring the pot. Emotional trollers???
I always read alot of posts here but hardley ever reply because I see the few big ego's dominating the boards.
Most of the time I laugh to myself but once in awhile I feel the need to support the silent majority.
We may not go far in these playoffs and how does that make you feel?
I love hockey also and will follow the team anyway's, but do you really think I feel the heartbreak any less than you??

Edit: I love the saying, " Winners hate to lose. Losers just hate.

Edited by gearworx, 18 April 2013 - 11:08 PM.

#914 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

They were looking ahead to the big homestand coming up, that's all. Let's see how these next three games go, it's a good tuneup for the playoffs.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#915 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

well all the beer talk failed the cdc masses .... luckily I drink jagermeister .... gcg! I hope!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.