The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Overall, staying friends with your 'Ex' a good or bad idea?

hsedin33

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Depends on the situation. One of my ex's cheated on me, so in that case there was no staying friends. One when we broke up it was cordial. But then she'd call me at weird hours to talk, and then even call me at work (She just really became semi-stalkerish), and I had to just walk away from that.

One we were good friends afterwords, but it was kinda awkward visiting her when her boyfriend at the time would show up.

I think long term it doesn't work out. I've had better luck staying friends with girls that you never dated in the first place.

Depends on the situation. One of my ex's cheated on me, so in that case there was no staying friends. One when we broke up it was cordial. But then she'd call me at weird hours to talk, and then even call me at work, and I had to just walk away from that.

One we were good friends afterwords, but it was kinda awkward visiting her when her boyfriend at the time would show up.

I think long term it doesn't work out. I've had better luck staying friends with girls that you never dated in the first place.

I agree with those that say "it depends on the situation." I am still friends with several of my ex-girlfriends, one of them was actually in my wedding. But it kind of depends on why you broke up and how you both view it.

Depends on the situation. One of my ex's cheated on me, so in that case there was no staying friends. One when we broke up it was cordial. But then she'd call me at weird hours to talk, and then even call me at work (She just really became semi-stalkerish), and I had to just walk away from that.

Depends on your situation and there's. For myself, my exes and I have remained friendly, ending things with everything on the table and as clean as can be. However, we are not friends. If you are currently in a relationship, or married, being friends with your ex is generally not a good idea.

One of my ex's and I ended things on great terms. And to be honest, we both would say probably ended things pre-maturely. Knowing this, as does my wife, I do not maintain a friendship with her at all. When we cross paths, we are friendly, but we cannot be friends.

That's why I said it depends on your current situation and there's. If both of you are still single and ended things well, I don't see the harm. Otherwise, not the greatest idea.

Archived