The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A good effort

AllEyezOnMe

Okay so I was wondering what most of you CDCer's believe a good effort by the canucks in the PLAYOFFS looks like. I mean if the canucks don't make it out the second round per say but they played their absolute best and gave it their best shot. For example if everyone played with energy, pucks to the net, physical play, goaltending but the team at the other end was just one step ahead of us and ended up winning the series. What would you make of a team like ours playing to their potential although still come up short in the end. Are you okay with that? Do you want immediate changes in the offseason? Get rid of the coach? Wait for next year? BOYCOTT THE CANUCKSSSS?

Good question and topic. For me, if the Canucks play to their potential then they have the potential to go far and even win the cup. The problem with this is that the same goes for every team.

If our boys can skate hard, throw their weight around (smartly), lessen the turnovers, refrain from diving, and the like for a full 60 minutes and we still lose, well then, that can only mean one thing: the other team is better then us. We are not the best team in the NHL, in fact, it would be hard to even single out one team and say they are the best--even Chicago. If the Nucks can do the things I aforementioned and they still lose I will most definitely be disappointed, however, I will be able to walk away with a better head knowing that they gave it their all. I think in the realm of poker it's called a 'cooler' ?

Game 7 of the SCF was not their best effort and that was very difficult to take. THe last game of the entire season for the ultimate prize that they all play for, and they seemingly can't even try their best, let me just say that if they pull something like that again I will not be a happy camper.

I guess what it comes down to with this team is push back. Too often it seems like we get pushed around or scored on and our guys just lay over and hand it to the other team. But hey, this is what it's like to be a Nucks fan, we all know this. It's part of why we love our team so much, because we have a roller coaster relationship with them.

Having said this... this is the year lmao! :towel:

Archived