356 replies to this topic

#271 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

Not worried about this team, 4th game in 6 nights against a desperate and hungry Dallas team. They will get it together for the playoffs, those of you saying you need to go into the playoffs hot LAK last season 5-2-3 final 10 games, VAN 8-1-1 nuff said.

8 wins come against Col, Edm, Cgy, Cbj............
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#272 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

:picard: :sadno:

What happens to all goalies who sign there big contracts?

They bail out there team on a nightly basis and make most of the defenders look alot better than they are?

Like Schneider has?

What are you getting at there buddy?

How so? 5-1 is bailing out your team? Schneider has been losing games, regardless of how well he plays. Don't I recall the change to go to Schneider in game 3 last season, just being a shakeup? Yes it was. Luongo was the best player for the Canucks those two games, but he wasn't winning the games. The same goes for Schneider right now. He isn't winning games.

#273 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

Our chemistry or lack there of is really showing this year. You can't just throw together a line and hope they do well. AV's shuffle until it works method is completely idiotic and doesn't allow players to mesh. When we run into teams in the playoffs who's 2nd and 3rd lines have played together the ENTIRE SEASON we won't have anything to counter.

Sig too big. 

#274 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,660 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

Our chemistry or lack there of is really showing this year. You can't just throw together a line and hope they do well. AV's shuffle until it works method is completely idiotic and doesn't allow players to mesh. When we run into teams in the playoffs who's 2nd and 3rd lines have played together the ENTIRE SEASON we won't have anything to counter.

There's already natural chemistry on this team but AV doesn't seem to recognize it.

Roy has chemistry with Higgins

Raymond and Higgins have chemistry with Hansen

Kesler has chemistry with Burrows

Kassian and Burrows have chemistry with the Sedins

Therefore line combos right now should be fairly simple:

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Raymond Kesler Burrows
Lapierre Roy Hansen
Pinizzotto Ebbett Sestito

When healthy:

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Raymond Kesler Burrows
Higgins Roy Hansen
Weise Lapierre Sestito

Edited by DeNiro, 18 April 2013 - 11:54 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#275 kikobc

kikobc

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

This is hokey and sometimes pak goes our way sometimes not... we outplayed and outshot Dalas for a 50 min... we didnt have any luck and in hokey you have to have luck...also refs could blown whistle more for us... I am satisfied with erfort and very positive for playoff. Love both our golies and stop blaim Shneids or Lu.Both of them are OUR golies and both are super golies.. T Shroeder should be in lineup and also i would like Kass with Sedins second line Schroeder, Hansen and Raimond and third Kes Bur Roy as shutdown line, line who buttled against oponents best lines.. Go Canucks

#276 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

This is hokey and sometimes pak goes our way sometimes not... we outplayed and outshot Dalas for a 50 min... we didnt have any luck and in hokey you have to have luck...also refs could blown whistle more for us... I am satisfied with erfort and very positive for playoff. Love both our golies and stop blaim Shneids or Lu.Both of them are OUR golies and both are super golies.. T Shroeder should be in lineup and also i would like Kass with Sedins second line Schroeder, Hansen and Raimond and third Kes Bur Roy as shutdown line, line who buttled against oponents best lines.. Go Canucks

Posted Image

#277 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

Edited by Primus099, 19 April 2013 - 12:40 AM.

#278 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

Seriously doubting this team will turn it on come playoffs so I really hope the goalie fiasco will be dealt with in the offseason and AV is gone. If MG does 1 thing all off season, I hope and pray it will be firing AV.
Posted Image

#279 Law of Goalies

Law of Goalies

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

37/38 for Dallas goaltender
25/30 for Canuck goaltender

I do enjoy people who insult me.

I'm kind of disappointed that most of the fans on here only look at the stats and not on what really happened during the game. Kind of pointless arguments
Cloutier is the ONE

QUOTE (canuck73_3)
you came to the wrong board then this has more mood swings than a pregnant woman on meth :P

QUOTE (luongo90 @ May 2 2009, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I WONDER WHAT HIM DO THAT FACE?

QUOTE (Shirokov @ May 2 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I WONDER WHAT IT DO YOU SAYS?

#280 Duodenum

Duodenum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

No different than Luongo - right? Else you're blowing smoke you know where....

I simply responded to your post about Schneider, I don't see where Luongo comes into the discussion here.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#281 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

The problem isn't the refs. They were their usual incompetent, pathetic selves, showing bias and missing obvious penalties.

As easy as it is to say that we should have received more calls, the truth is that the Canucks didn't show up. Now I know that a lot of people floating around in the CDC get their knickers in a twist when the team gets ridiculed. The heartbroken "true" fans accuse those who criticize the team of being bandwagoners.

To me that is the easy way out. Criticize and you no longer are a fan. This either your with us or against us mentality is just sad. I am a supporter of the Canucks and have been for many years. That doesn't change.

What happened tonight, which was thankfully paired with an equally horrid loss by the Wild to the Sharks, was proof that this team has a few loose ends to tie up. Anyone who denies this should have themselves committed.

The defense has been executing much better lately. Edler, Garrison, Ballard, and Alberts have improved greatly since the beginning of the season. Bieksa has been playing injured, or at least comprimised. Hamhuis has lost his way somewhat as well. Our top shutdown pair for the last two years has been split up and while Bieksa was finding his game lately, they should have stayed together.

The lines aren't working

Barker is a forgone issue. He has to go and go now. He is not a player you want on the ice for the playoffs. He proved that tonight. Joslin will be in for him against Detroit. It would be wise to extract Vandermeer from the Wolves to get him ready for the playoffs. As the physicality increases, having a certified, dare I say, elite pugilist in our line up bodes well for the coming weeks.

The forwards have been streaky but lately have found some consistency. How could you not with a line up that includes Henrik Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Derek Roy, Daniel Sedin, and the rest? The lines however again aren't working. The top line isn't producing because they lack a physical threat. Burrows plays like a guy twice his size mind you. Going after Weber, and then Backes? Ballsy. But he hasn't seemed to have been the deterrent they needed.

Kesler is playing well but needs the right line mates. If AV is willing to put Kesler on the wing, then why not put him with the Sedins? Roy could centre the second with Burrows and Higgins, Schroeder with Raymond and Hansen, and Lapierre with Weise and Kassian. Sestito has been a bust, but Pinnizotto looks like th.e real deal

There is only so much a goaltender can do when a team is in disarray like the Canucks are. Both Luongo and Schneider have the severe misfortune of being a pair of elite goaltenders with bullseyes on their backs. The idea that a goalie should be able to steal a game when the defense disappears is pure stupidity. This is a team sport and this reliance on goaltenders exposes the truth. They are the best tandem in the league, hands down. They can't do it all, all the time.

Truth is Alain Vigneault has a team as good as any in the NHL. We have a great roster. Talented, experienced, a tad weathered, but still able to win it all. That is, with another coach. The team lacks consistency because that's what they see from him. The constant shuffling of the lines, the flip a coin goalie mentality.....it's Vigneault.

He is predictable. Daniel admitted he had become predictable, but really who helps players get out of ruts. Coaches right?

Vigneault, Bowness, and Brown are stale and have run out ideas. This team deserves better. Hell, they ran out of ideas in the Stanely Cup Finals. I mean, who leaves a goalie in for more than for goals against........Vigneault.

This team is more than good enough. Not just on paper. We've seen it. Against LA earlier this season. That was a dominating performance against the Stanley Cup champions.

It's science

End communication.

Edited by Canuck-a-nuck, 19 April 2013 - 01:17 AM.

Posted Image

#282 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

The problem isn't the refs. They were their usual incompetent, pathetic selves, showing bias and missing obvious penalties.

As easy as it is to say that we should have received more calls, the truth is that the Canucks didn't show up. Now I know that a lot of people floating around in the CDC get their knickers in a twist when the team gets ridiculed. The heartbroken "true" fans accuse those who criticize the team of being bandwagoners.

To me that is the easy way out. Criticize and you no longer are a fan. This either your with us or against us mentality is just sad. I am a supporter of the Canucks and have been for many years. That doesn't change.

What happened tonight, which was thankfully paired with an equally horrid loss by the Wild to the Sharks, was proof that this team has a few loose ends to tie up. Anyone who denies this should have themselves committed.

The defense has been executing much better lately. Edler, Garrison, Ballard, and Alberts have improved greatly since the beginning of the season. Bieksa has been playing injured, or at least comprimised. Hamhuis has lost his way somewhat as well. Our top shutdown pair for the last two years has been split up and while Bieksa was finding his game lately, they should have stayed together.

The lines aren't working

Barker is a forgone issue. He has to go and go now. He is not a player you want on the ice for the playoffs. He proved that tonight. Joslin will be in for him against Detroit. It would be wise to extract Vandermeer from the Wolves to get him ready for the playoffs. As the physicality increases, having a certified, dare I say, elite pugilist in our line up bodes well for the coming weeks.

The forwards have been streaky but lately have found some consistency. How could you not with a line up that includes Henrik Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Derek Roy, Daniel Sedin, and the rest. The lines however again aren't working. The top line isn't producing because they lack a physical threat. Burrows plays like a guy twice his size mind you. Going after Weber, and then Backes? Ballsy.

There is only so much a goaltender can do when a team is in disarray like the Canucks are. Both Luongo and Schneider have the severe misfortune of being a pair of elite goaltenders with bullseyes on their backs. The idea that a goalie should be able to steal a game when the defense disappears is pure stupidity. This is a team sport and this reliance on goaltenders exposes the truth.

Truth is Alain Vigneault has a team as good as any in the NHL. We have a great roster. Talented, experienced, a tad weathered, but still able to win it all. That is, with another coach. The team lacks consistency because that's what they see from him. The constant shuffling of the lines, the flip a coin goalie mentality.....it's Vigneault.

He is predictable. Daniel admitted he had become predictable, but really who helps players get out of ruts. Coaches right?

Vigneault, Bowness, and Brown are stale and have run out ideas. This team deserves better. Hell, they ran out of ideas in the Stanely Cup Finals. I mean, who leaves a goalie in for more than for goals against........Vigneault.

This team is more than good enough. Not just on paper. We've seen it. Against LA earlier this season. That was a dominating performance against the Stanley Cup champions.

It's science

End communication.

Well said but beware of the AV lovers...
Before the whole team started sucking in the 3rd, I was amazed he kept throwing out the Edler Barker combo. It was like he wasnt even watching the game

#283 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,675 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

canucks D...

Posted Image

You can view all of my CDC artwork in this thread:

http://forum.canucks...f-toni-zamboni/

Follow me on Twitter:  @Toni_Zamboni

#284 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

canucks D...

Posted Image

Is that Edler?

#285 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

Well said but beware of the AV lovers...
Before the whole team started sucking in the 3rd, I was amazed he kept throwing out the Edler Barker combo. It was like he wasnt even watching the game

Thank you. I know the AV lovers all too well. They are as predictable as an episode of Friends.
Posted Image

#286 BiginJapan

BiginJapan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Only saw the highlights but Cory looked weak on a number of the goals.

#287 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

I'm gonna start a drunkin our team our way thread sponsored by jagermeister ..... piss off beer pundits!

#288 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

The D core has suffer a massive blow. With Tanev and Bieksa out...it's not looking good. AV needs to get a meeting soon...as far as I can see...this team has lost it's soul...way too many games this season with poor effort, not going to win a cup if this keeps up.

#289 iCanucksLover

iCanucksLover

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

I checked the score during the 2nd period and definitely did not think they would allow 4 goals.
Anyways, re-group and get the win on Saturday night!

Posted Image

Thanks allons-y!

#290 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,749 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

Seriously doubting this team will turn it on come playoffs so I really hope the goalie fiasco will be dealt with in the offseason and AV is gone. If MG does 1 thing all off season, I hope and pray it will be firing AV.

Agreed. If the Canucks struggle in the playoffs again, AV and his whole coaching staff will be gone.

Hoping Ruff will be the next Canucks coach.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#291 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

not arguing that, my point was simple, people are complaining about a league leader? lol

and he stood on his head tonight, thats why he was pissed, he was pissed at his teammates and rightly so. he showed up and they didnt.

and he subtly called out his teammates

"We're 44 games into the season," Schneider said. "Playoffs start in a week and a half. I think we're past the point of learning lessons. I think we need to go out and do it, execute and be the team that we know we can be because I don't think we're showing it for a full 60 minutes."

Schnieds gets it.

The team needs to be called out like this. Urgently.

Now I know that a lot of people floating around in the CDC get their knickers in a twist when the team gets ridiculed. The heartbroken "true" fans accuse those who criticize the team of being bandwagoners.

Sir, you definitely get it.

Edited by Red Light Racicot, 19 April 2013 - 03:08 AM.

#292 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:20 AM

8 wins come against Col, Edm, Cgy, Cbj............

LAST season, you know when the kings got "hot" going into the playoffs not this year. 5-2-3 is hardly considered hot.

#293 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

It's like every idiot on CDC decided to congregate in the one thread.

"We're 44 games into the season," Schneider said. "Playoffs start in a week and a half. I think we're past the point of learning lessons. I think we need to go out and do it, execute and be the team that we know we can be because I don't think we're showing it for a full 60 minutes."

Sums my feelings up nicely.

#294 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

Another third period collapse. That bodes well for the playoffs.

#295 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

LAST season, you know when the kings got "hot" going into the playoffs not this year. 5-2-3 is hardly considered hot.

Especially since most of their wins were against plugs like the Oilers and Flames.

LA wasn't hot at all at the end of the season. We let them find their scoring touch in the playoffs.

#296 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

Yeah but...he's not making the big saves when we need it...he's letting in at least 1 bad goal a game or sucking in the shoot out....sorry...he's wasn't ready this year to be number 1...

He made some great saves in the first two periods or the game would have been over earlier. Giving teams high percentage shots in the slot are going to cost you. Goalies will get beat on shots and Schneider did not beat himself....all the goals were great shots with little chance. You are obviously entitled to your opinion but have shown all along that you base your opinions on emotion rather than facts.

#297 enterin

enterin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

Lol if Lui was in net for this there would be a a million vancouverites after his head. Just saying...

That being said I'm not blaming Cory ... he made some saves when he had to but we failed to capitalize

the errors in the last 4 or 5 games have been disgusting, I had to ask my self am I watching pee wee hockey what gives...really stop passing it in the center in our own zone seriously...each and every hockey player should get a good smack in the head when they play like that. all year from edler, bieska, burrows are makeing bone head plays which are costing us.

They better start putting it togeather or we are out of there will quick...lifeless better describes thier play turned it off first time in years I have ever did that but its the same cliche nothing has changed...

#298 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

The lines aren't working

The forwards have been streaky but lately have found some consistency. How could you not with a line up that includes Henrik Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Derek Roy, Daniel Sedin, and the rest? The lines however again aren't working. The top line isn't producing because they lack a physical threat. Burrows plays like a guy twice his size mind you. Going after Weber, and then Backes? Ballsy. But he hasn't seemed to have been the deterrent they needed.

Kesler is playing well but needs the right line mates. If AV is willing to put Kesler on the wing, then why not put him with the Sedins? Roy could centre the second with Burrows and Higgins, Schroeder with Raymond and Hansen, and Lapierre with Weise and Kassian. Sestito has been a bust, but Pinnizotto looks like th.e real deal

There is only so much a goaltender can do when a team is in disarray like the Canucks are. Both Luongo and Schneider have the severe misfortune of being a pair of elite goaltenders with bullseyes on their backs. The idea that a goalie should be able to steal a game when the defense disappears is pure stupidity. This is a team sport and this reliance on goaltenders exposes the truth. They are the best tandem in the league, hands down. They can't do it all, all the time.

It's science

End communication.

Quite the story! Some good points.

I had thought that when Kesler returned that the improved FO % would equate to better puck possession and therefore a stronger effort. This was a brutal road trip against teams not really in the playoff hunt yet the team did not improve play. I have even asked myself if the loss of Manny after all this time is still hurting the effort.

CUP play is all about defense. Vancouver has been playing poor defense all season. Goaltending has been bailing them out regularly. CUP quality teams will not be giving any regular season passes. My take on the Van difficulties transitioning out of their d-zone is the rigid puck possession plays which have caused turnovers. Again last night the turnovers in the neutral zone were hugh. Dallas wasn't even particularly physical compared to what CUP play will be. Van will play one of LA, St. Louis or SJ. One has to hope that it is SJ as the other two will lay a physical beating on Van which they probably cannot handle. It isn't about who fights who it is all about board battles which Van loses regularly.

The Barker and Ballard screw-ups are the obvious whoops plays. How about the Twins breaking up to the Dallas blue line when the puck hasn't even cleared the circles in the Van d-zone? Grasping at straws for the big breakout but the score is even and the team is under pressure. I would have been more comfortable if AV had gone to a north-south game 20 games ago and rebuilt the approach. The team is going into playoffs again this year with a 4th line that has been marginalized. There is almost no physical roll within this roster when physical play has been the demise of their play through rounds with the Hawks, Bruins and Kings. I simply do not see a magic rejuvenation of the 'run & gun' offence with Higgins and Bieksa returning.

#299 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

He's not going to be cheaper when Howard gets 5.3 mil a year

Just wait until this playoff. The idiots who blamed luongo would turn on schnieder when the team lost. It's just a matter of when it will happen.

Like you?

#300 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

March 1, 1992
November 21, 1992

I dont remember November 21 but I do remember having an awful lot of fun watching the game March 1st '92.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.