The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas - 5 vs Vancouver - 1

-SN-

lol at the guy that said Dallas will be a cake walk in the St.Louis PGT.. Schneider's been mediocre the last couple games 4 goals against vs avs 1 vs st.louis and then 5 against Dallas.. give him the next couple games to work out of his funk. if he's still struggling then start Lui for the playoff if Schneids can't regain his form in the next few games. that's the benefit of having 2 great goalie. if one is in a funk we can always put out the other and still be competitive.

WOW!!!

SCHNIEDERS STAT'S THIS SEASON Einstein!!!

and go watch the game again...wow

take that lou mid section lolly out of your mouth buddy

if you're a fan it would be fine to be critical when warranted

but when you make such absurd comments such as this was schnieder's fault...well the only person you're fooling is yourself and displaying your complete lack of understanding of hockey

go back to watching curling

amazing what happens on here after a bad loss

lol

oh schnieder is terrible (he's only number 1 in the nhl in shutouts, was top 3 in save % prior to this game and top 4 amongst starters in gaa - lol wow he sucks

kassian, oh he sucks, why because he tried to pass the puck and its his fault it went back up ice and barker was walked around like a pylon?

on and on...

watch the game morons

there was some pretty simple reasons for this loss

1. We didnt come to play, schnieder held them in it by standing on his head for 2 periods

2. Turnovers and bad defensive play - Barker can't turn, Burrows makes a drop pass right to Benn at our blue line and lets him walk in, no one picking up the guy in front of the net on number 4 after schnieds made a tough save on the tip

3. No energy

wow

Guest Dasein

Can Luongo play the next game please?

I have ZERO confidence in Schneider going into the playoffs.

It happens to all goalies the first year they play after signing a big contract,

We are 2-2-1 on this road trip - in the playoffs, that's 2-3.

Which means we will lose a playoff series if we can't win on the road.

Schneider will be better next year.

Bad giveaways by the defence, but bad goals too. In all of them Schneider was beat cleanly, sure they were great opportunities but 3 of those goals were clean shots with no traffic. A goalie should have those goals most of the time. The rebound goal was poorly played too, kicked out a soft point shot.

What's worst is the timing of the goals he let in, which is what I've been harping on about for a while. Yes he was spectacular in the first 2 periods, but going into the 3rd period is a big pressure moment, especially with the game tied. That's when you need your goalie to make the big saves, regardless of the team's play, and Schneider blew it with 3 goals against in 7 minutes. His confidence is clearly shot.

In the playoffs, you need timely goaltending, not good consistent goaltending because it's impossible to play lights-out for 20 games. End of the road trip, the deciding game on whether it was a successful one or not, going into the 3rd period tied and Schneider choked.

I don't care if he's played well with 5 shutouts during the meaningless regular season games, it's big pressure moments and big games that define great players. Luongo on the other hand has a repertoire for playing well at big moments in games.

Now, our next 3 games are possibly the biggest of the season - a desperate Detroit team, the league leading Blackhawks and Ducks who we'll have to go through if we want to win the West. Whoever starts, Luongo or Schneider, their season should be defined by their performance in those games. Not petty Colorado/Edmonton shutouts, but the big games near the end of the season.

its funny how most people cant see that and want luongo in vs the redwings even thou luongo has let in 5 and 8 goals against his last 2 starts vs the wings... but those people will talk about how he won his last start vs nashvilles AHL team....

lol at the guy that said Dallas will be a cake walk in the St.Louis PGT.. Schneider's been mediocre the last couple games 4 goals against vs avs 1 vs st.louis and then 5 against Dallas.. give him the next couple games to work out of his funk. if he's still struggling then start Lui for the playoff if Schneids can't regain his form in the next few games. that's the benefit of having 2 great goalie. if one is in a funk we can always put out the other and still be competitive.

But this is the post game thread for the Dallas game. I believe we are discussing the events in this game not his stats outside of the game. However I will indulge you.

1. His stats outside of this game are based on weak opponents.

2. The lou penis reference is absurd.

3. I am not a fan by your standards.

4. You are just attacking my character not my facts.

5. I hate curling.

I just see that as deflecting the problem somewhere else though. Our goaltending has been strong. Getting blown out 5-1 should be enough of a wake up call.

First thing they need to change up is the Edler-Barker pairing. Honestly Id rather see Corrado with Edler at this point the way Barker is playing. At least put Alberts up with Edler, he's been playing better than Barker.

Then they need to send Ebbett to the Wolves and call up Schroeder. Ebbett is only going to hurt this team as a third line center right now. He's not a full time NHLer.

Drop Burrows down to the third line. He should have stayed there longer last time until he really got rolling. He's gotten complacent with the Sedins. Time to put Hansen or Kassian back with them.

lol weak opponents hey? and Lou 's are against tough ones? ahhahahahaha

im not wasting any time with your nonsense you're blinded by your man crush its ok

guess what, lou was crying that he WASNT traded, so he's going now go cry in your milk

and guess what schnieder is fighting for a vezina nomination, Lou isn't

wake up

you never really had one to begin with. you just threw stats out there. anyone can just throw in stats and make it look like an argument, "schneider let in 5 goals" well no duh, if you go on the home page or tsn, you'll see the score there, but had you really paid attention to what was going on, tonight's game was horrible. cory schneider was not at fault for the team hanging him out to dry. had roberto luongo been in net, same exact game, i'd have said the same thing, hell the team hung luongo this year before as well

for the record, i don't 'insult' anyone. if you take what i say as an insult, well, i'm sorry for hurting your feelings

Archived