The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas - 5 vs Vancouver - 1

-SN-

lol weak opponents hey? and Lou 's are against tough ones? ahhahahahaha

im not wasting any time with your nonsense you're blinded by your man crush its ok

guess what, lou was crying that he WASNT traded, so he's going now go cry in your milk

and guess what schnieder is fighting for a vezina nomination, Lou isn't

wake up

Guest Dasein

Here is my argument

Premise 1.

Schneider 25/30

Lehtonen 37/38

Canucks offense was fine, Dallas defense allowed a lot of shots.

Dallas offense scored on less chances which means either bad goalie or bad defense.

Premise 2

The Canucks defense is awful because of

a) Giveaways leading to scoring chances.

The difference in giveaways by either team is not enough to justify the goal difference. 10 vs 13

BUT HEY WHY DIDNT WE SCORE ON THEIR GIVEAWAYS

so we can throw out giveaways out of the discussion

B) Not covering open Dallas players

Dallas did the same and Lehtonen had no problems

Premise 3.

The Canuck defense was acually better than the Dallas defense.

Premise 4.

I will conclude that it wasnt the defense or the offense.

Conclusion.

Cory Schneider sucked big time this game. Which he even knew himself. And Lehtonen outplayed the Canucks offense as he has before.

Here is my argument

Premise 1.

Schneider 25/30

Lehtonen 37/38

Canucks offense was fine, Dallas defense allowed a lot of shots.

Dallas offense scored on less chances which means either bad goalie or bad defense.

Premise 2

The Canucks defense is awful because of

a) Giveaways leading to scoring chances.

The difference in giveaways by either team is not enough to justify the goal difference. 10 vs 13

BUT HEY WHY DIDNT WE SCORE ON THEIR GIVEAWAYS

so we can throw out giveaways out of the discussion

B) Not covering open Dallas players

Dallas did the same and Lehtonen had no problems

Premise 3.

The Canuck defense was acually better than the Dallas defense.

Premise 4.

I will conclude that it wasnt the defense or the offense.

Conclusion.

Cory Schneider sucked big time this game. Which he even knew himself. And Lehtonen outplayed the Canucks offense as he has before.

Kassian should be sent down before his turnovers kill again. Two on one in a good position to shoot and he eventually turned the puck over by choosing to pass, that gave the Stars an odd men rush at the other end to get their 2nd goal. kassian then gave away the puck again at his own zone, as happened numerous times before this season, to hand the Stars the 4th goal. kassian does not shoot and his passes usually results in turnovers and he is no Henrik. Basically he is useless.

The Canucks already have the Sedins who always overpass the puck that had cost the Canucks. Now that less skilled guys like Kassian and Ebbett are also trying to play the Sedins'game with their endless passing and no shooting, they will be out in the first round. Vancouver simply won't win too many games when they are always outshot by a wide margin in most games played against the better teams in the league.

Bad giveaways by the defence, but bad goals too. In all of them Schneider was beat cleanly, sure they were great opportunities but 3 of those goals were clean shots with no traffic. A goalie should have those goals most of the time. The rebound goal was poorly played too, kicked out a soft point shot.

What's worst is the timing of the goals he let in, which is what I've been harping on about for a while. Yes he was spectacular in the first 2 periods, but going into the 3rd period is a big pressure moment, especially with the game tied. That's when you need your goalie to make the big saves, regardless of the team's play, and Schneider blew it with 3 goals against in 7 minutes. His confidence is clearly shot.

In the playoffs, you need timely goaltending, not good consistent goaltending because it's impossible to play lights-out for 20 games. End of the road trip, the deciding game on whether it was a successful one or not, going into the 3rd period tied and Schneider choked.

I don't care if he's played well with 5 shutouts during the meaningless regular season games, it's big pressure moments and big games that define great players. Luongo on the other hand has a repertoire for playing well at big moments in games.

Now, our next 3 games are possibly the biggest of the season - a desperate Detroit team, the league leading Blackhawks and Ducks who we'll have to go through if we want to win the West. Whoever starts, Luongo or Schneider, their season should be defined by their performance in those games. Not petty Colorado/Edmonton shutouts, but the big games near the end of the season.

Niemi, Lundqvist, Rask, Crawford and Bobrovsky are ahead of him in every single category and have all played more games with the exception of Crawford.

Anderson leads the league in GAA and Save % but has only palyed 20 games so that will be the only thing that keeps him out of it if it does in fact keep him out of it.

please explain with your vast wisdom how Schneider beats out all these guys

idiot

Oh please.

Canucks never had the open looks that Dallas were getting, save the three chances that Kassian had where he shot (save), pass (Romed) and shot (post). Dallas was getting grade A chances with cross ice passes all through our defensive holes.

I'm a huge Luongo fan, but I hate to see this happen to Schneider, because I hated seeing it happen to Luongo. It was not Schneider's fault. The team sucked.

Kassian should be sent down before his turnovers kill again. Two on one in a good position to shoot and he eventually turned the puck over by choosing to pass, that gave the Stars an odd men rush at the other end to get their 2nd goal. kassian then gave away the puck again at his own zone, as happened numerous times before this season, to hand the Stars the 4th goal. kassian does not shoot and his passes usually results in turnovers and he is no Henrik. Basically he is useless.

The Canucks already have the Sedins who always overpass the puck that had cost the Canucks. Now that less skilled guys like Kassian and Ebbett are also trying to play the Sedins'game with their endless passing and no shooting, they will be out in the first round. Vancouver simply won't win too many games when they are always outshot by a wide margin in most games played against the better teams in the league.

it was an all around bad game. the canucks D was not better than dallas. not even close i still wouldn't say that schneid's sucked. i still say the goals were not his fault. he was sharp in the first and midway through the second until the team lost their legs. after that, it was all down hill. the team forgot there was still a hockey game going on and decided to make cutesy passes that shadowed schneider's efforts and people started coming out of the woodwork with their crystal balls saying, "luongo would have done worse" or "cory schneider sucks" you know, the usual. people forget that this is a team sport. cory schneider did what he could from keeping this from being much uglier than it should have

did you read what i said

PRIOR TO THIS GAME THOSE WERE HIS STATS...AND I SAID HE WAS IN THE RUNNING PRIOR TO THIS GAME!!!

SO THOSE COMPLAINING ABOUT A GUY WHO GOT HUNG OUT TO DRY AND PRIOR TO THIS GAME WAS IN THE RUNNING FOR THE VEZINA....

NEED TO HAVE THEIR HEADS CHECKED

Archived