356 replies to this topic

#121 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,909 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I will say this though, if we only have 1 stinker every 13 games, I'm good.

The team has put forth numerous stinkers only to have their goaltending save their butts and win them games they had no business winning. How many times in the last 13 games should the Canucks have been down at least three goals in the first period alone?

I sincerely hope they can turn it around and believe they can, but if this team goes into the playoffs playing like they have been playing the past couple of months, they are going to get destroyed.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

Sig too big, images removed. - SN

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#122 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

If Schneider isn't in net and lu is in that game the final score is 8-1

What a pathetic statement !!! Based precisely on zip.....

#123 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Agree with poster above

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#124 MashedBananas

MashedBananas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Bench Barker and Ebbett holy crap..... Barker was brutal and Ebbett can't freaking shoot!!
Posted Image

Sig Credit goes to Henrik Sedin

#125 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,037 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

not at all, but change SOMEthing up to wake these guys up. so why not start with that

Just like when you pull a goalie in a game when the team is getting lit up, not necessarily cause it's his fault. but to wake the team up

I just see that as deflecting the problem somewhere else though. Our goaltending has been strong. Getting blown out 5-1 should be enough of a wake up call.

First thing they need to change up is the Edler-Barker pairing. Honestly Id rather see Corrado with Edler at this point the way Barker is playing. At least put Alberts up with Edler, he's been playing better than Barker.

Then they need to send Ebbett to the Wolves and call up Schroeder. Ebbett is only going to hurt this team as a third line center right now. He's not a full time NHLer.

Drop Burrows down to the third line. He should have stayed there longer last time until he really got rolling. He's gotten complacent with the Sedins. Time to put Hansen or Kassian back with them.

Edited by DeNiro, 18 April 2013 - 08:56 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#126 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

What a pathetic statement !!! Based precisely on zip.....

lol a bunch of morons on the canucks fb page were giving their predictions and alot of them were along the lines of "If Schneider is in net, 4-1 Canucks. If Luongo is in net 5+ goals for Dallas"

....irony

#127 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,770 posts

Well their goalie didn't seem to have that problem of letting goals in.

They also didn't have the problem of giveaways every 11 seconds.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#128 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,165 posts

Meh, not as good as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReHFfzjI4zk

Makes me laugh every time. Needed that, thanks.

Posted Image

#129 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

Kassian is definitely a bull in a china shop type player... A very small minded and slow footed bull...

#130 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

grabner too

Might as well get Neely back too.

#131 CupisAll

CupisAll

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Bench Barker and Ebbett holy crap..... Barker was brutal and Ebbett can't freaking shoot!!

ballard will be the only one who gets benched

#132 ghjffbali

ghjffbali

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

I just see that as deflecting the problem somewhere else though. Our goaltending has been strong.

First thing they need to change up is the Edler-Barker pairing. Honestly Id rather see Corrado with Edler at this point the way Barker is playing. At least put Alberts up with Edler, he's been playing better than Barker.

Then they need to send Ebbett to the Wolves and call up Schroeder. Ebbett is only going to hurt this team as a third line center right now. He's not a full time NHLer.

Drop Burrows down to the third line. He should have stayed there longer last time until he really got rolling. He's gotten complacent with the Sedins. Time to put Hansen or Kassian back with them.

Agree with this. Ebbett is garbage and putting him with Kassian and Raymond diminishes their effectiveness. Schroeder can score and has a higher offensive ceiling and potential than a guy like Ebbett.

#133 cabinessence

cabinessence

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Yeah but...he's not making the big saves when we need it...he's letting in at least 1 bad goal a game or sucking in the shoot out....sorry...he's wasn't ready this year to be number 1...

How does someone with 5 shutouts let in 1 bad goal a game? Poor comment!
Posted Imagecabinessence, on 06 February 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

I have a feeling they will score on the power play...cue bass solo!!
I called it!! I called it!!! Cue more bass solos!!!!!

#134 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

I just see that as deflecting the problem somewhere else though. Our goaltending has been strong. Getting blown out 5-1 should be enough of a wake up call.

I also look at like this. If we keep playing like this and Schneider keeps getting torched (not that it's his fault) what do you think his confidence will be like come playoff time? Give Luongo a couple games and hope the team sorts their **** out and then put Schneider back in going into the playoffs.

And agree about putting Kassian back with the Sedins

#135 MM16

MM16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Yeah but...he's not making the big saves when we need it...he's letting in at least 1 bad goal a game or sucking in the shoot out....sorry...he's wasn't ready this year to be number 1...

Those are the exact same argument that have been made towards Luongo.

People need to make up their minds. It's ridiculous.

#136 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Luongo's last 2 starts. 2-0 1.50GAA and .962 save %

start him saturday and play him until he has a crap game, "ride the hot goalie" as people were saying earlier in the year

They only did that at the start of the season to keep both goalies happy leading up to the trade deadline. Now that the trade deadline is over, AV can treat Lu like dirt and he can't request a trade.

#137 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,151 posts

We need Bieksa back. For those of you who don't see that need to leave.

If this team misses one above average player that much than there are bigger issues that need to be addressed in the offseason. The coaching staff needs to learn to coach without him. That is the biggest issue. They rely on him far too much and almost seem to have no answer when he is not there. And honestly, he has been pretty average this season offensively and below average defensively. He has had as many bad games as any other D. Its not like the team has really played any better with him in the lineup. They have just had better results in the W/L column.

#138 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,902 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Wrong...The Canucks have been mediocre this entire season and a bit of Jekyl and Hyde as far as their effort.
The team was much better last year - even though we lost to the Kings....

Put on the reality glasses...people...unless this team finds itself, we will be 1 and done again....

After 48 games last year the Canucks were 29-15-4 for 66 points. They're trending to around 60 points after that period this season. Is that really a substantial drop given the injuries?

Edited by drdeath, 18 April 2013 - 09:01 PM.

aXmDa9t.gif

#139 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

They also didn't have the problem of giveaways every 11 seconds.

They had 10 giveaways we had 12. Clearly that is the reason between 0-5 goals.

#140 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,380 posts

Cause AV thinks this team can win every game 1-0.

This all comes down to coaching strategy. You can't plan to win a game 1-0. They gotta be aggressive early on when they have their legs, not after they're down 2 or 3 goals.

Hit the nail right on the head, the has been zero urgency from this team.

#141 MM16

MM16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

that's going to help things...lol

Most emotion shown than the entire game. Maye it'll help wake the team up.

#142 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,725 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

"It's up to me to step up and make some of those saves at key moments. I didn't tonight." - Cory Schneider

Hard to blame Schneids, those were some great scoring chances

Edited by Apples, 18 April 2013 - 09:05 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#143 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Not single one Canuck was invested in tonights game...you could see from puck drop that this team wasn't prepared. TBH 5-1 score is a modest score for tonights game. Schneider made countless saves that saved this game from going into the ditch in the 1st and 2nd period, but his team hung him out to dry and in the third Schneid's couldn't keep the boat afloat.

Simple as that, clearly this game could've been a lot more worse on the scoreboard if Schneid's didn't stand on his head in the first 2 periods.

25gxmpw.png

#144 Ron_Burgundy

Ron_Burgundy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

Jordan Schroeder > Andrew Ebbett
Posted Image

#145 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Can Luongo play the next game please?
I have ZERO confidence in Schneider going into the playoffs.
It happens to all goalies the first year they play after signing a big contract,

We are 2-2-1 on this road trip - in the playoffs, that's 2-3.

Which means we will lose a playoff series if we can't win on the road.

Schneider will be better next year.

wow....did you watch the game? the only reason it wasn't 10-1 by the second period was Schnieder

2nd goal - giveaway - hung out to dry
3rd goal giveaway - hung out to dry
4th goal deflection saved and no one picking up the rebound and empty net
didnt see 5

Posted Image

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 18 April 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#146 MM16

MM16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

So let me get this straight, tonight was a complete team breakdown full of give always and odd man rushes and Schneider couldn't carry them this time like he has through out this year (how many shut outs does he have again?) and all of a sudden it's luongo's team and he needs to take us into the playoffs? But isn't this the same Luongo everyone keeps saying collapses in the playoffs and can't win the big game?

I am so very confused about some people around here. People need to make up their minds.

#147 viking mama

viking mama

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,700 posts

In truth Av had the responsibility for the line-up changes on the fly in this one...I think he screwed the pooch. He doesn't keep anythin' together for long & when a line has deficiencies he sits down the whole thing...instead of double-shifting someone for a player having an off-night...or dealin' with the match-ups.

So exactly - what does the team have to do to make this one up to Derek Roy?

Goin' even-up with the Stars into the 3rd...& then to blow it so brutally - was "no statement" to Roy's old team. Only Roy, Hamhuis, Alberts, Schneids & maybe Kes at times...showed-up. In my opinion...the goats were Ballard, Barker, Kassian & Raymond. Here's the Letterman-style "TOP 10" begun on the post Canucks-Chat...

10) get him a Starbucks' double expresso
9) give him the 1st choice of seats on Canuck-air (farthest away from AV)
8) let him be 1st to go thru customs
7) give him Burr's Beaver-Buzz endorsement gig
6) throws 1st at the Vernon Fiddler dart-board
5) ?
4) ?
3) ?
2) ?
1) ?

Edited by viking mama, 18 April 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#148 PlayoffHockey

PlayoffHockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Cam Barker -1 tonight in a 5-1 loss, yes its all Barkers fault !! get the pitchforks.
Posted ImagePosted Image

"I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I knew nothing about NHL GL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago. I was unattached to any team when I first started watching although I could easily have gone for the Philadelphia Flyers as my home team which I supported in my youth and for 20 years was the Fife Flyers."
~ Bodee

http://forum.canucks...me/page__st__30

#149 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

on a positive note, at least SJ is beating Minnesota

#150 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

"It's up to me to step up and make some of those saves at key moments. I didn't tonight." - Cory Schneider

Hard to blame Schneids, those were some great scoring chances

Cory always takes it for the team but what about the poor offensive priduction? I want to hear the Sedins come clean on their lack of effectiveness. They have to be better and show some leadership and by that , I don't mean leading in penalty minutes. I just want to hear them say that thye have not been playing well and need to be better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.