356 replies to this topic

#181 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

lol at the guy that said Dallas will be a cake walk in the St.Louis PGT.. Schneider's been mediocre the last couple games 4 goals against vs avs 1 vs st.louis and then 5 against Dallas.. give him the next couple games to work out of his funk. if he's still struggling then start Lui for the playoff if Schneids can't regain his form in the next few games. that's the benefit of having 2 great goalie. if one is in a funk we can always put out the other and still be competitive.

#182 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

WOW!!!

SCHNIEDERS STAT'S THIS SEASON Einstein!!!

and go watch the game again...wow

take that lou mid section lolly out of your mouth buddy

if you're a fan it would be fine to be critical when warranted

but when you make such absurd comments such as this was schnieder's fault...well the only person you're fooling is yourself and displaying your complete lack of understanding of hockey

go back to watching curling

But this is the post game thread for the Dallas game. I believe we are discussing the events in this game not his stats outside of the game. However I will indulge you.

1. His stats outside of this game are based on weak opponents.
2. The lou penis reference is absurd.
3. I am not a fan by your standards.
4. You are just attacking my character not my facts.
5. I hate curling.

#183 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

amazing what happens on here after a bad loss

lol

oh schnieder is terrible (he's only number 1 in the nhl in shutouts, was top 3 in save % prior to this game and top 4 amongst starters in gaa - lol wow he sucks

kassian, oh he sucks, why because he tried to pass the puck and its his fault it went back up ice and barker was walked around like a pylon?

on and on...

watch the game morons

there was some pretty simple reasons for this loss

1. We didnt come to play, schnieder held them in it by standing on his head for 2 periods
2. Turnovers and bad defensive play - Barker can't turn, Burrows makes a drop pass right to Benn at our blue line and lets him walk in, no one picking up the guy in front of the net on number 4 after schnieds made a tough save on the tip
3. No energy

wow

#184 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

2 goals in past 2 games against playoff teams
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#185 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Can Luongo play the next game please?
I have ZERO confidence in Schneider going into the playoffs.
It happens to all goalies the first year they play after signing a big contract,

We are 2-2-1 on this road trip - in the playoffs, that's 2-3.

Which means we will lose a playoff series if we can't win on the road.

Schneider will be better next year.

A shootout loss, so it could have been 3-2 which means we will have two chances to win a playoff series.

Although I do believe to start Lu the next game, there is no way in hell Schneider doesn't start in the play offs. The team has let him down the past 2 games with their piss poor play. Lu has had his chance in the play offs and has failed every time, the mantle has been passed down the Schneider. In Schneids we trust.

How does this even make sense? The team has let Schneider down the past two regular season games but somehow, when Vancouver scored 8 goals in 7 games in the SCF, it was Luongo who failed the team when he was "given a chance"? You don't think failing to score more than 8 goals in 7 games is letting Luongo down - especially considering that we had two 1-0 shutout wins courtesy of good ole' Bobby Lu?

Your double standard is unbelievable.

I do agree with your last point. Whether you and I, as Canucks fans, like it or not, the mantle has been passed down to Schneider. It is now his crease, and Schneider will get the chance to start the playoffs for the Canucks.

Never underestimate Roberto Luongo though. It's been made clear since training camp. Don't forget what he said coming in - that he's going to approach this like he did the 2010 Olympics. He didn't start the tournament, but he took over and finished it with authority.

Now he has a Gold medal hanging from his neck, and this playoffs is presumably his last chance at a Stanley Cup as a Canuck (or ever). This guy is gonna give everything he's got if and when he gets the opportunity.

We will see a "meltdown" or two from Schneider - not because it's his fault - but because the Canucks will play a game or two like tonight in the playoffs like they always do. It'll look familiar - in fact - damn near identical to the way Luongo has "melted down" year after year. Therefore, it is only a matter of time before Luongo steps in during the series a la Schneider the last playoffs, and if he gets us past that series, look out.

#1 is on a mission for the silver.

Edited by Dasein, 18 April 2013 - 09:53 PM.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#186 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Bad giveaways by the defence, but bad goals too. In all of them Schneider was beat cleanly, sure they were great opportunities but 3 of those goals were clean shots with no traffic. A goalie should have those goals most of the time. The rebound goal was poorly played too, kicked out a soft point shot.

What's worst is the timing of the goals he let in, which is what I've been harping on about for a while. Yes he was spectacular in the first 2 periods, but going into the 3rd period is a big pressure moment, especially with the game tied. That's when you need your goalie to make the big saves, regardless of the team's play, and Schneider blew it with 3 goals against in 7 minutes. His confidence is clearly shot.

In the playoffs, you need timely goaltending, not good consistent goaltending because it's impossible to play lights-out for 20 games. End of the road trip, the deciding game on whether it was a successful one or not, going into the 3rd period tied and Schneider choked.

I don't care if he's played well with 5 shutouts during the meaningless regular season games, it's big pressure moments and big games that define great players. Luongo on the other hand has a repertoire for playing well at big moments in games.

Now, our next 3 games are possibly the biggest of the season - a desperate Detroit team, the league leading Blackhawks and Ducks who we'll have to go through if we want to win the West. Whoever starts, Luongo or Schneider, their season should be defined by their performance in those games. Not petty Colorado/Edmonton shutouts, but the big games near the end of the season.

Bad giveaways by the defence, but bad goals too. In all of them Schneider was beat cleanly, sure they were great opportunities but 3 of those goals were clean shots with no traffic. A goalie should have those goals most of the time. The rebound goal was poorly played too, kicked out a soft point shot.

What's worst is the timing of the goals he let in, which is what I've been harping on about for a while. Yes he was spectacular in the first 2 periods, but going into the 3rd period is a big pressure moment, especially with the game tied. That's when you need your goalie to make the big saves, regardless of the team's play, and Schneider blew it with 3 goals against in 7 minutes. His confidence is clearly shot.

In the playoffs, you need timely goaltending, not good consistent goaltending because it's impossible to play lights-out for 20 games. End of the road trip, the deciding game on whether it was a successful one or not, going into the 3rd period tied and Schneider choked.

I don't care if he's played well with 5 shutouts during the meaningless regular season games, it's big pressure moments and big games that define great players. Luongo on the other hand has a repertoire for playing well at big moments in games.

Now, our next 3 games are possibly the biggest of the season - a desperate Detroit team, the league leading Blackhawks and Ducks who we'll have to go through if we want to win the West. Whoever starts, Luongo or Schneider, their season should be defined by their performance in those games. Not petty Colorado/Edmonton shutouts, but the big games near the end of the season.

If you want to critique his goals be fair bud

that starts with

1. He stood on his head for two periods holding them in it.

2. Goal 2 sure, should have had it. barker got walked around like an old lady but still was between the legs

3. Goal 3 a drop pass to benn on the blue line, allowed to walk in untouched, Jamie Benn is an all star for a reason, he ripped that just inside the post, no goalie stops that

4. Goal 4 was deflected, he made a great save on the tip but that results in not being able to control a rebound, thats reality on a tip reaction. the error was on the defense not picking up men next to the net or the rebound.

didn't see 5 but it was done by then

schnieder held them in it, the team hung him out to dry

#187 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Thomas Drance@ThomasDrance 1m

Hilarious how nearly all of the damage on Thursday came against the Barker, Edler pairing and the Ebbett line: http://bit.ly/Z7zci1

Scoring chance differential by line for the #Canucks tonight: 1st line - plus 5, 2nd line - plus 5, 3rd line - minus 6.

2 straight games where the 3rd line got smashed. How in blue hell can AV keep them together for 2 full games? Anyone? It's just absurd. If Canucks flake out in the 1st or 2nd round, I'll be drawing back to this timeframe when AV kept this line of misfits together. This line killed the momentum of this team tonight. This loss is on coaching staff - for 2nd straight night.

But for a good laugh watch SJS-Minny game.
Suter -3
Parise -3
Wonderchild noris candidate Brodin -3
:bigblush:

Edited by RunningWild, 18 April 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#188 guesswhere

guesswhere

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

Not gonna win a game by only scoring 1 goal.

where have I heard that before?

#189 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

its funny how most people cant see that and want luongo in vs the redwings even thou luongo has let in 5 and 8 goals against his last 2 starts vs the wings... but those people will talk about how he won his last start vs nashvilles AHL team....

ok he won against Nashville's farm team, what do you say then Schneider losing to last place Avs?

At least Lu won.

Edited by cmpunk, 18 April 2013 - 09:46 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#190 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,000 posts

Daniel's scoring ability has fallen off the face of the planet much like Markus' game did in his last season here.

He has 3 goals in his last 24 games..
Posted Image

#191 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

lol at the guy that said Dallas will be a cake walk in the St.Louis PGT.. Schneider's been mediocre the last couple games 4 goals against vs avs 1 vs st.louis and then 5 against Dallas.. give him the next couple games to work out of his funk. if he's still struggling then start Lui for the playoff if Schneids can't regain his form in the next few games. that's the benefit of having 2 great goalie. if one is in a funk we can always put out the other and still be competitive.

i'd do the opposite, give Luongo the next couple starts and hope the TEAM works out of their funk. we had no business even beating Calgary or Nashville tbh, we were heavily outshot both games Luongo just played unreal. If we keep playing like this and Schneider gets torched like tonight he will have 0 confidence come playoff time.

then if it looks like the team has smartened up throw Schneider back in going into the playoffs

Edited by Primus099, 18 April 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#192 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

But this is the post game thread for the Dallas game. I believe we are discussing the events in this game not his stats outside of the game. However I will indulge you.

1. His stats outside of this game are based on weak opponents.
2. The lou penis reference is absurd.
3. I am not a fan by your standards.
4. You are just attacking my character not my facts.
5. I hate curling.

lol weak opponents hey? and Lou 's are against tough ones? ahhahahahaha

im not wasting any time with your nonsense you're blinded by your man crush its ok

guess what, lou was crying that he WASNT traded, so he's going now go cry in your milk

and guess what schnieder is fighting for a vezina nomination, Lou isn't

wake up

#193 Discord

Discord

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 9,211 posts

ok he won against Nashville's farm team, what do you say then Schneider losing to last place Avs?

a defensive breakdown in the final 10 seconds of the game? clear the puck. that's all roy had to do. even if they ice it, get the draw and run the clock

2dvpkl4.jpg

Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys! CHOCOLATE RAIN

It's the year to be hated. I support our team.

I do take sig requests.

#194 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

I just see that as deflecting the problem somewhere else though. Our goaltending has been strong. Getting blown out 5-1 should be enough of a wake up call.

First thing they need to change up is the Edler-Barker pairing. Honestly Id rather see Corrado with Edler at this point the way Barker is playing. At least put Alberts up with Edler, he's been playing better than Barker.

Then they need to send Ebbett to the Wolves and call up Schroeder. Ebbett is only going to hurt this team as a third line center right now. He's not a full time NHLer.

Drop Burrows down to the third line. He should have stayed there longer last time until he really got rolling. He's gotten complacent with the Sedins. Time to put Hansen or Kassian back with them.

I think your onto it DeNiro. Might be a tall order for Corrado but probably worth a try considering. They have to find a way to get Kassian some confidence and is AV seriously going to play Roy with Kesler? If he plans on using big Kass on the third shut down line he is an idiot so for the love of god pick the twins or Kesler and let the guy develop some chemistry Geeesh!

SEDIN-SEDIN-KASSIAN
BURROWS-KESLER-LAPIERRE
RAYMOND-ROY-HANSEN
SESTITO-SCHROEDER-WEISE

#195 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

how can u say hes in a funk? if u watch the games you would know the score isnt a refelction of how he is playing .... i guess the media who always jumps on our goalies both schnieds and Lu mustve been paid off because all they have been talking about the last few games including post game tonight is how well schneids is playing and how hes keeping them in games.

#196 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,176 posts

That was a tough third period to watch. This team does not look like a contender....tough to admit it.
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#197 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

im not wasting any time with your nonsense you're blinded by your man crush its ok

guess what, lou was crying that he WASNT traded, so he's going now go cry in your milk

wake up

are you on crack lol

you sure throw a tantrum when Schneider gets blown out don't you, it's one game. get over it

Edited by Primus099, 18 April 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#198 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

well at this point they'd better do some call ups and bust apart some lines that are stagnant ...roy needs to be a center period...

where are the eternal optimists.... we need you!

#199 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

you never really had one to begin with. you just threw stats out there. anyone can just throw in stats and make it look like an argument, "schneider let in 5 goals" well no duh, if you go on the home page or tsn, you'll see the score there, but had you really paid attention to what was going on, tonight's game was horrible. cory schneider was not at fault for the team hanging him out to dry. had roberto luongo been in net, same exact game, i'd have said the same thing, hell the team hung luongo this year before as well

for the record, i don't 'insult' anyone. if you take what i say as an insult, well, i'm sorry for hurting your feelings

Here is my argument

Premise 1.
Schneider 25/30
Lehtonen 37/38
Canucks offense was fine, Dallas defense allowed a lot of shots.
Dallas offense scored on less chances which means either bad goalie or bad defense.

Premise 2
The Canucks defense is awful because of
a) Giveaways leading to scoring chances.
The difference in giveaways by either team is not enough to justify the goal difference. 10 vs 13
BUT HEY WHY DIDNT WE SCORE ON THEIR GIVEAWAYS
so we can throw out giveaways out of the discussion
B) Not covering open Dallas players
Dallas did the same and Lehtonen had no problems

Premise 3.
The Canuck defense was acually better than the Dallas defense.

Premise 4.
I will conclude that it wasnt the defense or the offense.

Conclusion.
Cory Schneider sucked big time this game. Which he even knew himself. And Lehtonen outplayed the Canucks offense as he has before.

#200 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

At least Lu won.

Schnieder

GAA 2.20 (9th in the league amongst starters, was top 5 before being hung out to dry today)

Loungo

GAA 2.34 (16th over all in GAA)

Schnieder

Save % .924, 7th in the league amongst starters, was 4th before being hung out to dry tonight.

Loungo

Save % .913 23rd in the league

Schnieder

Shutouts 5 - tied for the league lead

Luongo

Shutouts 2 - 24th

Now all you arguing lou this lou that

please argue facts, stats and salary

who is paid to be a top 3 goalie, who isn't?

who has better stats?

ok done

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 18 April 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#201 GoCanucksGo#1

GoCanucksGo#1

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

YAAAAYYY Minny losing 6-1 :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot: :bigblush: :towel: :frantic:

#202 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

wake up

I guess I am the ignorant person here with the Luo mancrush. As some other person said. I have Luo's penis in my mouth.

#203 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,464 posts

We lost boohoo. Every team loses but when this team does, its the end of the world.

Everyone go jump ship! hope you all drown and never come back.

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#204 goal-ghost

goal-ghost

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

That was a pretty tough third period to watch; but it's only one game.

Minnesota is losing 6-1 in the third by the way.
Posted Image

#205 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

POPULAR

Game summary: Edler with a nice goal. Vigneault had the gum chewing going in full swing.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#206 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Here is my argument

Premise 1.
Schneider 25/30
Lehtonen 37/38
Dallas offense scored on less chances which means either bad goalie or bad defense.

Premise 2
The difference in giveaways by either team is not enough to justify the goal difference. 10 vs 13

Premise 3.

Premise 4.

Conclusion.
Cory Schneider sucked big time this game. Which he even knew himself. And Lehtonen outplayed the Canucks offense as he has before.

Oh please.

Canucks never had the open looks that Dallas were getting, save the three chances that Kassian had where he shot (save), pass (Romed) and shot (post). Dallas was getting grade A chances with cross ice passes all through our defensive holes.

I'm a huge Luongo fan, but I hate to see this happen to Schneider, because I hated seeing it happen to Luongo. It was not Schneider's fault. The team sucked.

Edited by Dasein, 18 April 2013 - 09:59 PM.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#207 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

are you on crack lol

you sure throw a tantrum when Schneider gets blown out don't you, it's one game. get over it

read my post below

he was 4th in the league in gaa before this game (amongst starters)
he was 3rd in save % amongst starters
and first in shutouts

somehow i think he was in the running

am i insane?

are you blind?

#208 PlayoffHockey

PlayoffHockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

well at this point they'd better do some call ups and bust apart some lines that are stagnant ...roy needs to be a center period...

where are the eternal optimists.... we need you!

i agree Roy needs to be on the third and make it a threat

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Kesler-Burrows
Ballard-Roy-Hansen
Sestito-LapIerre-Weise

Hamhuis-Garrison
Edler-Barker
Vandermeer-Alberts
Posted ImagePosted Image

"I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I knew nothing about NHL GL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago. I was unattached to any team when I first started watching although I could easily have gone for the Philadelphia Flyers as my home team which I supported in my youth and for 20 years was the Fife Flyers."
~ Bodee

http://forum.canucks...me/page__st__30

#209 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Well when you think CDC can't get any dumber. It does.

#210 Discord

Discord

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Here is my argument

Premise 1.
Schneider 25/30
Lehtonen 37/38

Premise 2

Premise 3.

Premise 4.

Conclusion.

it was an all around bad game. the canucks D was not better than dallas. not even close i still wouldn't say that schneid's sucked. i still say the goals were not his fault. he was sharp in the first and midway through the second until the team lost their legs. after that, it was all down hill. the team forgot there was still a hockey game going on and decided to make cutesy passes that shadowed schneider's efforts and people started coming out of the woodwork with their crystal balls saying, "luongo would have done worse" or "cory schneider sucks" you know, the usual. people forget that this is a team sport. cory schneider did what he could from keeping this from being much uglier than it should have

2dvpkl4.jpg

Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys! CHOCOLATE RAIN

It's the year to be hated. I support our team.

I do take sig requests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.