The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas - 5 vs Vancouver - 1

-SN-

Not single one Canuck was invested in tonights game...you could see from puck drop that this team wasn't prepared. TBH 5-1 score is a modest score for tonights game. Schneider made countless saves that saved this game from going into the ditch in the 1st and 2nd period, but his team hung him out to dry and in the third Schneid's couldn't keep the boat afloat.

Simple as that, clearly this game could've been a lot more worse on the scoreboard if Schneid's didn't stand on his head in the first 2 periods.

Can Luongo play the next game please?

I have ZERO confidence in Schneider going into the playoffs.

It happens to all goalies the first year they play after signing a big contract,

We are 2-2-1 on this road trip - in the playoffs, that's 2-3.

Which means we will lose a playoff series if we can't win on the road.

Schneider will be better next year.

So let me get this straight, tonight was a complete team breakdown full of give always and odd man rushes and Schneider couldn't carry them this time like he has through out this year (how many shut outs does he have again?) and all of a sudden it's luongo's team and he needs to take us into the playoffs? But isn't this the same Luongo everyone keeps saying collapses in the playoffs and can't win the big game?

I am so very confused about some people around here. People need to make up their minds.

In truth Av had the responsibility for the line-up changes on the fly in this one...I think he screwed the pooch. He doesn't keep anythin' together for long & when a line has deficiencies he sits down the whole thing...instead of double-shifting someone for a player having an off-night...or dealin' with the match-ups.

So exactly - what does the team have to do to make this one up to Derek Roy?

Goin' even-up with the Stars into the 3rd...& then to blow it so brutally - was "no statement" to Roy's old team. Only Roy, Hamhuis, Alberts, Schneids & maybe Kes at times...showed-up. In my opinion...the goats were Ballard, Barker, Kassian & Raymond. Here's the Letterman-style "TOP 10" begun on the post Canucks-Chat...

10) get him a Starbucks' double expresso

9) give him the 1st choice of seats on Canuck-air (farthest away from AV)

8) let him be 1st to go thru customs

7) give him Burr's Beaver-Buzz endorsement gig

6) throws 1st at the Vernon Fiddler dart-board

5) ?

4) ?

3) ?

2) ?

1) ?

Pathetic effort against a team that, let's be honest, is not that great. The Canucks imploded, shockingly, in a fairly meaningless regular season game. Imagine how the implosions will be in the playoffs when there is actually pressure.

Soft team, mentally.

Pathetic effort against a team that, let's be honest, is not that great. The Canucks imploded, shockingly, in a fairly meaningless regular season game. Imagine how the implosions will be in the playoffs when there is actually pressure.

Soft team, mentally.

Soft team, mentally.

Archived