The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

** IT Must Be April!**

carlweezer

Because Mason Raymond is in his playoff form, as in disappearing.

I feel sorry for the team thats going to overpay and sign Raymond to a 4 mil a year contract! and Yes, he will garner that kind of money in the open market because this is going to be a weak UFA year with guys like Perry, Getzlaf all re-signing with their respective teams.

Is there any Canuck fan that actually thinks we should re-sign Raymond to anywhere near 3.75 mil a year??

Argggg I hate to agree with u but I have to. I was so excited for Raymond and he has completely disappeared in april. Hopefully he's ready come playoffs.

I got really high hopes for mayray .... he'll kill it in the playoffs. Its a contract year

I have no idea where the hate is coming from. Raymond could have had 2 assists today.

The guy is playing with Kassian (just shoots, this definitely creates scoring opportunities for the other players :rolleyes: ), and Ebbett (can't score from 6 feet in front of the net).

Are you guys all on crack?

Edit: I'd even go so far as to say Raymond made better passes in the attacking zone than Roy. Raymond created 2 scoring chances, and while Roy scored the only goal (great effort too), playmaking-wise Raymond was one of our best tonight.

To be honest it was a tight game until the 3rd - 2 messed up bounces and then we got burned while taking risks. This thread is not worthy.

I have no idea where the hate is coming from. Raymond could have had 2 assists today.

The guy is playing with Kassian (just shoots, this definitely creates scoring opportunities for the other players :rolleyes: ), and Ebbett (can't score from 6 feet in front of the net).

Are you guys all on crack?

Not the type of player id want to go into playoff war with..

Not to mention 17 pts in 41 playoff games!!! in `11 Cup Run he had 8 pts in 24 games!... in 06 when Manitoba had a great team he had 1 pnt in 13 playoff games!

you wanna pay him close to 4 mil a year?

You missed the point.

He played better than half the forwards tonight. Whether or not he is built for the playoffs is irrelevant, because tonight's game had a playoff-like feel to it (no reffing, physicality, desperation), and he played just fine.

Also, he is getting paid just over half that sum, not sure why you're bringing up Booth's contract...

this thread isnt about just tonights game.. Mason Raymon is a no show in the playoffs and against big, tough physical teams.

I'm brining up 4 mil a year because he is a free agent this summer and will command around 4 mill a year if a team wants to sign him. and im saying stay away from this guy come free agent day!!

Raymond was a -3 tonight.

He's disappeared. He's done this basically every single year.

HOWEVER, I am going to really attribute this to the fact that he NEEDS to be playing with a better centerman. Ebbett is absolutely useless and should NEVER be centering the 3rd line on a Cup contending team.

Raymond has shown way more chemistry with Schroeder, and I am absolutely flabbergasted that AV insists on playing Raymond with a play killing Centerman.

Call up Schroeder, put him back with Raymond and Hansen, and move Kassian onto the Kesler/Roy line. Why is this so freaking hard to see? We are 5 games away from playoffs, AV needs to stop dicking around and get serious.

As much of a hater as I've been, Mayray has been the least of the Canucks problems this year.

Tonight he set up a great chance for (I think Ebett/)

Couple games ago, set up a perfect chance for Kes.

My main problem with Raymond previously was that he would just put his head down and shoot at the goalie's crest, but this year, hes been distributing the puck quite well and showing good vision.

I dunno if I would pay 3.75m for him BUT, I think he's definitely earning his keep on the team right now as is and this post might be a little uncalled for as he has played much better this year.

Likes someone else stated, you have to look at quality of line mates as well. As hard as Ebett tries, he's not that talented.

Archived