Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drdeath

[Breaking News] Possible shooting at MIT (Boston)

Have a cousin who is attending MIT....she informed us of this via my mom's cell phone last night...she said "this kind of stuff just doesn't happen at a place like MIT." But does anyone remember a few months ago there was a reported gunman at MIT? Those rumors turned out to be false...so to be honest my initial reaction was that this one would prove to be false as well...sadly, it wasn't...she did say that they locked down the campus...

This guy has successfully locked down all of Boston. There was definitely chatter about possibilities at the law courts (which seem to be downtown) earlier so I can see why, but given that the general public doesn't know that it's a BIG step up to suddenly lock down all of Boston for what was supposed to be a Watertown situation

This is why new immigrants have to learn to leave their customs and politics behind when they move and embrace their new culture. This crap may be shrugged off as boys may be boys stuff back home but here people are going to get an attitude about it.

They're pursuing someone on foot right now in a black hoody in Watertown. No confirmation that it's him but it's somebody running.

"I will kill all of you, like you've killed my brother"

Apparently that is what the suspect has posted online. According to the police scanner.

Over the police scanner one of the officers said "He has posted online "You have killed my brother, I will kill you all".

The house is surrounded, but they don't know if he's in there.

This may be the twitter account that I think the officer was quoting. No way to tell if it's real or not. I would say that most likely it is fake.

https://twitter.com/Dzhokhar_A