The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is Alain Vigneault trying to accomplish with his current lineup?

CanuckleHorse

I agree, It's quite evident that Roy is a lot more effective at centre and that makes us a lot more dangerous being able to roll 3 solid lines . I don't mind stacking the top 6 for a shift here or there but not for full games . Time to shelf this experiment

Ebbett sucks... he's small,soft and slow.

Without Higgins

Sedins - Hansen

Burrows - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Roy - Weise

Sestito - Lappiere - Pinizzoto

With Higgins

Sedins - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Roy - Hansen

Sestito - Lappiere - Weise

...........................................................................|.............................|

...........................................................................|.............................|

........................................................................./................................\

....................................................................../.....................................\

.................................................................../...../..../..../.......____..........\

................................................................./...../..../..../......../........\..........\

.............................................................../...../..../..../......../...........|..........|

............................................................./...../..../..../......../.............|..........|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..............................|###################################################|

..............................|###################################################|

..............................\.##################################################/

................................\#################################################/

I've been wondering what is AV's motive playing Roy on the wing, and playing Ebbett center who is gonna be useless as a mule tit come playoffs. His lineup is easy to play against you just shut down the first 2 lines and knock Ebbett around and he is rendered ineffective. Could he be doing this to get Lappy more ice time does he really think Ebbet is the better center option over Roy. The only thing I seen him do right was put Pinnizotto in the lineup!

Line up AV

LW C RW

Sedin Sedin Burrows or Kassian

Raymond or Ebbett Kesler Burrows or Kassian

Raymond or Ebbett Roy Hansen

Pinnizotto or Sesstito Lappierre Weise

Hamhuis Garrison

Edler Corrado

Alberts Ballard

I would prefer Kass and Kes together 2 big bodies who give the d-men headaches also Roy with Raymond and Hansen a deadly fast line maybe give Pinnizotto 3rd line minutes if Raymonds on the 2nd.

What lineup gives you the best chance of winning in playoffs? The rationale for Roy on the 2RW was an effort to get his offence going. There is no way he is playing 2C in playoffs. Kesler is way stronger in the FO and has been producing points steadily. The Canucks are going into playoffs again this year with a underperforming 2nd & 3rd lines. The 4th line has been marginalized before the playoffs even start.I would have thought that Roy would have played the regular season out at 3C and the wings on the 2nd & 3rd adjusted for injuries. Bottom line Kassian has to play in the top 9 if this team has any hope of answering physical play. The 4th line has to play and establish a physical forecheck! If the forwards don't play more time in the o-zone the pressure on the Van defense simply destroys their transition game. Vandermeer might be grasping at straws but he has experience. Combining him with Alberts might have been an experiment done earlier. As much as I like Tanev I suspect he gets knocked out early by a heavy forecheck. In all reality if they don't draw SJ in the first round then chances of getting by the Blues or Kings is not very good.

I don't like Kesler and Roy together. Not because they are ineffective but it just kinda puts our best players in the top 6 and thus we lack depth. I thought that was the reason we got a Roy?

I mean what would you rather(in terms of our centres)?

Sedin

Kesler

Roy

Lappy

or

Sedin

Kesler

Ebbet

Lappy

I see the first option with the potential of being strong and when/with Higgins in the line-up with Roy we could really have 3 lines that can provide offense without giving away too many chances. A lot of teams win with depth and putting all of our eggs in one basket (i.e.. all our best players on top two lines) will truly limit this.

Injuries (and loses) cause line changes. Without Higgins, Roy is wasted on the 3rd line. Aside from Raymond (who seems to have dried up), we only have 4th liners for Roy to saucer pass to.

We don't have scoring depth to make up for an injury. No one to call up from the farm (although some folks think that Schroeder might spark Raymond). Hopefully our prospects will start showing their potential in the next year or two.

I don't like Kesler and Roy together. Not because they are ineffective but it just kinda puts our best players in the top 6 and thus we lack depth. I thought that was the reason we got a Roy?

I mean what would you rather(in terms of our centres)?

Sedin

Kesler

Roy

Lappy

or

Sedin

Kesler

Ebbet

Lappy

I see the first option with the potential of being strong and when/with Higgins in the line-up with Roy we could really have 3 lines that can provide offense without giving away too many chances. A lot of teams win with depth and putting all of our eggs in one basket (i.e.. all our best players on top two lines) will truly limit this.

Archived