Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What is Alain Vigneault trying to accomplish with his current lineup?

Discussion

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

I've been wondering what is AV's motive playing Roy on the wing, and playing Ebbett center who is gonna be useless as a mule tit come playoffs. His lineup is easy to play against you just shut down the first 2 lines and knock Ebbett around and he is rendered ineffective. Could he be doing this to get Lappy more ice time does he really think Ebbet is the better center option over Roy. The only thing I seen him do right was put Pinnizotto in the lineup!

Line up AV

LW C RW

Sedin Sedin Burrows or Kassian

Raymond or Ebbett Kesler Burrows or Kassian

Raymond or Ebbett Roy Hansen

Pinnizotto or Sesstito Lappierre Weise

Hamhuis Garrison

Edler Corrado

Alberts Ballard

I would prefer Kass and Kes together 2 big bodies who give the d-men headaches also Roy with Raymond and Hansen a deadly fast line maybe give Pinnizotto 3rd line minutes if Raymonds on the 2nd.

AV has no clue. Ev3ery player Gillis gets him he plays else where. Given there are some injury's it still makes no sense to me. No one ever seems to get comfortable at their position. AV continues to fall back into his defensive coaching habits. I hope the Cancucks flop, which I have a feeling they will in the early going and they're fire AV!
I hope for success but the reality of this club is they are not built for the play offs. Still not tough enough.

#32 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,309 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

What lineup gives you the best chance of winning in playoffs? The rationale for Roy on the 2RW was an effort to get his offence going. There is no way he is playing 2C in playoffs. Kesler is way stronger in the FO and has been producing points steadily. The Canucks are going into playoffs again this year with a underperforming 2nd & 3rd lines. The 4th line has been marginalized before the playoffs even start.I would have thought that Roy would have played the regular season out at 3C and the wings on the 2nd & 3rd adjusted for injuries. Bottom line Kassian has to play in the top 9 if this team has any hope of answering physical play. The 4th line has to play and establish a physical forecheck! If the forwards don't play more time in the o-zone the pressure on the Van defense simply destroys their transition game. Vandermeer might be grasping at straws but he has experience. Combining him with Alberts might have been an experiment done earlier. As much as I like Tanev I suspect he gets knocked out early by a heavy forecheck. In all reality if they don't draw SJ in the first round then chances of getting by the Blues or Kings is not very good.

#33 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,864 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

I don't like Kesler and Roy together. Not because they are ineffective but it just kinda puts our best players in the top 6 and thus we lack depth. I thought that was the reason we got a Roy?

I mean what would you rather(in terms of our centres)?

Sedin
Kesler
Roy
Lappy

or

Sedin
Kesler
Ebbet
Lappy

I see the first option with the potential of being strong and when/with Higgins in the line-up with Roy we could really have 3 lines that can provide offense without giving away too many chances. A lot of teams win with depth and putting all of our eggs in one basket (i.e.. all our best players on top two lines) will truly limit this.

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#34 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Injuries (and loses) cause line changes. Without Higgins, Roy is wasted on the 3rd line. Aside from Raymond (who seems to have dried up), we only have 4th liners for Roy to saucer pass to.

We don't have scoring depth to make up for an injury. No one to call up from the farm (although some folks think that Schroeder might spark Raymond). Hopefully our prospects will start showing their potential in the next year or two.

#35 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Vigneault is doing what he has always done. Making poor line up decisions, allowing players to play through injuries before playoffs and generally sucking as a coach.
Posted Image

#36 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

I don't like Kesler and Roy together. Not because they are ineffective but it just kinda puts our best players in the top 6 and thus we lack depth. I thought that was the reason we got a Roy?

I mean what would you rather(in terms of our centres)?

Sedin
Kesler
Roy
Lappy

or

Sedin
Kesler
Ebbet
Lappy

I see the first option with the potential of being strong and when/with Higgins in the line-up with Roy we could really have 3 lines that can provide offense without giving away too many chances. A lot of teams win with depth and putting all of our eggs in one basket (i.e.. all our best players on top two lines) will truly limit this.

Sedin
Kes/Roy
Schroeder
Lappy

#37 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,098 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

I'm just annoyed we never had a full healthy team this year
Posted Image

#38 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,098 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Mabey if booth played with Kessler this year things could have been different
Posted Image

#39 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,993 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

Player management seems to be not AV's strong points.

Along with:
- Motivation
- Preparation
- Strategy
- Tactics
:bigblush:
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#40 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Ebbet is all he has for depth options this year up front. Which says it all.

AV will get canned for sure if they lose out in the first round because of his terrible bench coaching and inability to adapt against other coaches

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.