The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa = Heart of the team.

Canouver

2 games ago.

Trade him! He's a giveaway machine

When he's not in the line up and we lose.

He's the heart of the team

Give me a break Canucks fans, canucks.com is pretty much epicfailure after a Canucks loss. Random stupid threads are posted non stop.

our team sucks that

OUr current record is 24 13 7

You mentioned 8 losses without Bieksa but then with him in the line up we lost 12 times. Please get the stats right. There are some OTL's in there, but still. Over exaggerated numbers your posting

There are far more factors involved (long road trip, other injuries, the thorns of alberts and barker (ok one of them wouldnt be playing if bieksa wasnt injured but substitute bieksa for any other top 6 D and we probably would be having the same discussion) , playoffs nearing with division title looking like its ours, playing a desperate team..etc). Cmon man Bieksa is NOT our saviour.

This is a J2C thread....Jump 2 Conclusions thread...way too many of these following a canucks loss

Instead of using any single player being out of the lineup as an excuse for an absolute boatload of stupid mistakes and lazy puck clearing attempts all season long, how about this team does what CHAMPIONS do and gets the most out of whatever players are left standing? Working hard for the entire game would be a good place to start. Not trying to defend 1-0 or 2-1 leads would be good too.

SOOOOOOO sick of injuries being this organizations go-to excuse for lazy and ineffectual play. Bieksa has been below average defensively this season. He has not played with an over abundance of heart or tempo setting energy either. He has been casual and looked disinterested a good portion of the year. I'm not slagging on him either because to me it looks like he has been nursing a far more serious groin injury than AV wants to believe. But he looks like he should have been sitting for a lot longer.

This team lacks heart with or without Bieksa. The team looks divided between the haves and have nots too. The team does not look like they are all playing for each other. The "faves" are mailing it in most nights. At least I could excuse the "non-faves" for getting fed up with never getting a chance to move up no matter how they play.

Bieksa is your lead by example, gung ho type of guy. He plays his heart out night after night and if he has a fault it is he sometimes tries to do too much.

In that respect he is a bit like Lu, his brilliance is often ignored and only his occasional brainfart is highlighted and pounced on.........but when he's not there, we get clusterf--ks of brainfarts from everyone else.

Sadly, we have not seen the player at his best this season. AV doesn't help, constantly changing formations but it has been in the main, imo due to an injury. I think he has tried to play through it for most of the season........which, if it was known about, has been a medical blunder, because we could be without him when we need him most.

In battle terms, he is the guy you always want on your side, the guy you can count on to be making a difference. Great though our team is, how many of our players can you say that about?

I think one of our biggest problems this year on D (besides the absence of Salo) is that AV and Bowness refuse to pair Hamhuis and Bieksa together. These two were our shutdown pairing through the majority of the past two president trophy winning seasons and throughout our run to the Finals. They compliment each other greatly and it boggles my mind why they haven't been paired together this season.

So we're 23-5-7 with him in the line-up and you're b*tching???

Holy sh*t....this stats game is stupid but I don't get all the Bieksa hate and Edler gets none?, that is another guy who can be a defensive nightmare. Kinda hypocritical to call out one and not the other...

Archived