60 replies to this topic

#31 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

I compiled some stats for you all, straight up Win vs Loss, not taking into account OT/SO L. You tell me if you think ol' KB3 has an impact on this team:

With Bieksa in line up:

W - L
23 - 12 - Including key wins over LA, Chicago and other top tier teams

Without Bieksa in line up:

W - L
1 - 8 - Including the blowout in Detroit, and losses to low-tier teams.

Now obviously the sample size for games without Bieksa is much smaller, but there's a pretty obvious trend here. I for one feel much more comfortable with Bxa IN our line up than out, based on these facts.

For the record, Kesler didn't have nearly this significant an impact on our team playing with or without him.

Edit: removed a quote I misread

Eh Gotta love that Bieska Kid!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,539 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha your retarded

:picard:
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#33 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Bieksa is a G. Mistakes or not, the team is a lot better with him (the HEART of the fackin team). Cya haters
Posted Image

#34 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

One of the most overrated defense men in the league. A number #4 guy AT BEST.

I don't care about his 40 point seasons. Majority of the time is BRUTAL with his D coverage, make complete bone head decisions multiple times a game and can't handle the bigger guys along the boards.

This. I liked him when he first got here, wore #25, as a number 5-6 guy who would fight and hit. That role was most effective for him and he should have maintained that.

Edited by Rinaldo36, 19 April 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#35 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

:picard:

Really , your - you're don't even start troll

#36 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,539 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Really , your - you're don't even start troll

I am not trolling. I just think that before you call someone a retard, you should make sure your grammar is correct.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#37 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

I am not trolling. I just think that before you call someone a retard, you should make sure your grammar is correct.

LOL

#38 Vaeneir

Vaeneir

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

This. I liked him when he first got here, wore #25, as a number 5-6 guy who would fight and hit. That role was most effective for him and he should have maintained that.

With Bieksa in line up:
W - L
23 - 12

W - L
1 - 8

I thought someone covered this already......

#39 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

our team sucks that

With Bieksa in line up:
W - L
23 - 12

W - L
1 - 8

I thought someone covered this already......

OUr current record is 24 13 7

You mentioned 8 losses without Bieksa but then with him in the line up we lost 12 times. Please get the stats right. There are some OTL's in there, but still. Over exaggerated numbers your posting

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 19 April 2013 - 01:39 PM.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#40 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

I compiled some stats for you all, straight up Win vs Loss, not taking into account OT/SO L. You tell me if you think ol' KB3 has an impact on this team:

With Bieksa in line up:

W - L
23 - 12 - Including key wins over LA, Chicago and other top tier teams

W - L
1 - 8 - Including the blowout in Detroit, and losses to low-tier teams.

Now obviously the sample size for games without Bieksa is much smaller, but there's a pretty obvious trend here. I for one feel much more comfortable with Bxa IN our line up than out, based on these facts.

For the record, Kesler didn't have nearly this significant an impact on our team playing with or without him.

Edit: removed a quote I misread

Exactly ! +1 ! Thank you for the stats.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#41 vwnuck

vwnuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

2 games ago.

Trade him! He's a giveaway machine

When he's not in the line up and we lose.

He's the heart of the team

Give me a break Canucks fans, canucks.com is pretty much epicfailure after a Canucks loss. Random stupid threads are posted non stop.

what i find funny is he hasn't played in 2 games yet some one feels the need to start a bieksa bashing thread....unbelievable.hate to break it on the op but bieksa wasn't the problem in those 2 loses...heck we really could have used in the st louis game as he is at his best when there are overly physical games...i have given up on cdc i only check here when i am bored....the stupidity that is spewed on these pages is so laughable...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 Vaeneir

Vaeneir

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

our team sucks that

You mentioned 8 losses without Bieksa but then with him in the line up we lost 12 times. Please get the stats right. There are some OTL's in there, but still. Over exaggerated numbers your posting

The stats I compiled were simply Win or Lose, not taking into account OTL and SOL (which come playoff time become just an L). If you'll notice your own mention of our record being 24 13 7, 13+7=20, and conveniently 8+12=20. Not exaggerating anything.

#43 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha your retarded

Dude, don't use the "R" word. I got another warning point for that, it's my second one now! lol *sigh* I miss the good old days where the internet wasn't censored. :bored:

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#44 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Dude, don't use the "R" word. I got another warning point for that, it's my second one now! lol *sigh* I miss the good old days where the internet wasn't censored. :bored:

No doubt haha :P

#45 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

This, obviously we are better with him in the lineup, but he plays better when he's physical and playing less minutes.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#46 SevenDays

SevenDays

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

That Bieksa Bounce.....

#47 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

How is it that Bieksa means everything to the team. He's out and the team emotionally folds.

I don't think he's everything to the team. He brings heart, leadership and grit, but more importantly he;s right-handed.

I think this rough stretch of play more coincides with missing two top-four quality right-handed defenseman, and in their places playing Alberts and.........Barker.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#48 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

He's one of those players good or bad you just have to keep him on the team. The bieksa/hamhuis line was unstoppable 2011 season, they should put them back together.

#49 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

How is it that Bieksa means everything to the team. He's out and the team emotionally folds.

Well he and Higgins and Tanev are all out, of which Bieksa is probably the most important piece - the other two aren't exactly chopped liver, either. Then there is Booth - I still haven't figured out whether he matters, or not - he didn't do much when he was here. But it is more important right now to get Roy back to center on the third line and give Kesler Raymond. Right now, the third line with Ebbett at centre and Kassian on his right wing is useless because Raymond has no-one to play with. Roy is an experienced center who will create plays whether he is with a top six player, or not. He will generate points even if he has to bank them in of Kassian's butt. The other important thing is to get Barker the hell off the ice - he is a third column, all by himself. Bring Andersen, if he is healthy, because he is a left shot who can play the right side - he has in Chicago pretty much all season, and he at least has a clue defensively - if not him, then Corrado - good time to have a look at him anyway.

#50 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

Basically Bieksa carries the weight of the team on his groin.
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#51 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Basically Bieksa carries the weight of the team on his groin.

Well said. I hope they're just resting it up in hopes for a full recovery for playoffs rather than there being a major setback right now. It really is a different team without him, and the results are not nearly as productive.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#52 CanYouNuck?

CanYouNuck?

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

There are far more factors involved (long road trip, other injuries, the thorns of alberts and barker (ok one of them wouldnt be playing if bieksa wasnt injured but substitute bieksa for any other top 6 D and we probably would be having the same discussion) , playoffs nearing with division title looking like its ours, playing a desperate team..etc). Cmon man Bieksa is NOT our saviour.

This is a J2C thread....Jump 2 Conclusions thread...way too many of these following a canucks loss

#53 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

202pts in 460 career games averaging a +17 over the past 3 seasons. Oh...and all those clutch goals. Yep, he truly is a plug.

I have a Bieksa jersey. I love the guy. Our defense sucks when he doesn't play.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#54 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

One of the most overrated defense men in the league. A number #4 guy AT BEST.

I don't care about his 40 point seasons. Majority of the time is BRUTAL with his D coverage, make complete bone head decisions multiple times a game and can't handle the bigger guys along the boards.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=6RCUpzqTLHI
Posted Image

#55 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,457 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

Instead of using any single player being out of the lineup as an excuse for an absolute boatload of stupid mistakes and lazy puck clearing attempts all season long, how about this team does what CHAMPIONS do and gets the most out of whatever players are left standing? Working hard for the entire game would be a good place to start. Not trying to defend 1-0 or 2-1 leads would be good too.

SOOOOOOO sick of injuries being this organizations go-to excuse for lazy and ineffectual play. Bieksa has been below average defensively this season. He has not played with an over abundance of heart or tempo setting energy either. He has been casual and looked disinterested a good portion of the year. I'm not slagging on him either because to me it looks like he has been nursing a far more serious groin injury than AV wants to believe. But he looks like he should have been sitting for a lot longer.

This team lacks heart with or without Bieksa. The team looks divided between the haves and have nots too. The team does not look like they are all playing for each other. The "faves" are mailing it in most nights. At least I could excuse the "non-faves" for getting fed up with never getting a chance to move up no matter how they play.

#56 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

our team sucks that

So we're 23-5-7 with him in the line-up and you're b*tching???

Holy sh*t....this stats game is stupid but I don't get all the Bieksa hate and Edler gets none?, that is another guy who can be a defensive nightmare. Kinda hypocritical to call out one and not the other...

#57 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

Bieksa is your lead by example, gung ho type of guy. He plays his heart out night after night and if he has a fault it is he sometimes tries to do too much.

In that respect he is a bit like Lu, his brilliance is often ignored and only his occasional brainfart is highlighted and pounced on.........but when he's not there, we get clusterf--ks of brainfarts from everyone else.

Sadly, we have not seen the player at his best this season. AV doesn't help, constantly changing formations but it has been in the main, imo due to an injury. I think he has tried to play through it for most of the season........which, if it was known about, has been a medical blunder, because we could be without him when we need him most.

In battle terms, he is the guy you always want on your side, the guy you can count on to be making a difference. Great though our team is, how many of our players can you say that about?

Edited by Bodee, 20 April 2013 - 03:49 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#58 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

I think one of our biggest problems this year on D (besides the absence of Salo) is that AV and Bowness refuse to pair Hamhuis and Bieksa together. These two were our shutdown pairing through the majority of the past two president trophy winning seasons and throughout our run to the Finals. They compliment each other greatly and it boggles my mind why they haven't been paired together this season.

#59 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

the defense needs Bieksa to function properly and the forwards need Kesler for some reason

#60 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

So we're 23-5-7 with him in the line-up and you're b*tching???

Holy sh*t....this stats game is stupid but I don't get all the Bieksa hate and Edler gets none?, that is another guy who can be a defensive nightmare. Kinda hypocritical to call out one and not the other...

You must've been born yesterday. You think Edler wasn't criticized? LOL

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.