The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa = Heart of the team.

Canouver

W

2 games ago.

Trade him! He's a giveaway machine

When he's not in the line up and we lose.

He's the heart of the team

Give me a break Canucks fans, canucks.com is pretty much epicfailure after a Canucks loss. Random stupid threads are posted non stop.

One of the most overrated defense men in the league. A number #4 guy AT BEST.

I don't care about his 40 point seasons. Majority of the time is BRUTAL with his D coverage, make complete bone head decisions multiple times a game and can't handle the bigger guys along the boards.

I compiled some stats for you all, straight up Win vs Loss, not taking into account OT/SO L. You tell me if you think ol' KB3 has an impact on this team:

With Bieksa in line up:

W - L

23 - 12 - Including key wins over LA, Chicago and other top tier teams

Without Bieksa in line up:

W - L

1 - 8 - Including the blowout in Detroit, and losses to low-tier teams.

Now obviously the sample size for games without Bieksa is much smaller, but there's a pretty obvious trend here. I for one feel much more comfortable with Bxa IN our line up than out, based on these facts.

For the record, Kesler didn't have nearly this significant an impact on our team playing with or without him.

Edit: removed a quote I misread

One of the most overrated defense men in the league. A number #4 guy AT BEST.

I don't care about his 40 point seasons. Majority of the time is BRUTAL with his D coverage, make complete bone head decisions multiple times a game and can't handle the bigger guys along the boards.

I compiled some stats for you all, straight up Win vs Loss, not taking into account OT/SO L. You tell me if you think ol' KB3 has an impact on this team:

With Bieksa in line up:

W - L

23 - 12 - Including key wins over LA, Chicago and other top tier teams

Without Bieksa in line up:

W - L

1 - 8 - Including the blowout in Detroit, and losses to low-tier teams.

Now obviously the sample size for games without Bieksa is much smaller, but there's a pretty obvious trend here. I for one feel much more comfortable with Bxa IN our line up than out, based on these facts.

For the record, Kesler didn't have nearly this significant an impact on our team playing with or without him.

Edit: removed a quote I misread

Archived