The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"It's up to me to step up and make some of those saves at key moments. I didn't tonight."

Ugli Fruit

This thread is discusting

Why do you all blame everything on goaltending?

Making little smart remarks directed at fans of Luo or Schneider is all fun and harmless but this is just lame

You should all be ashamed of yourselves

Look around, goaltending is the strength of our team.

Is fewer than 10 grade a scoring chances caused by unforced errors a game too much to ask?

The root cause of our inconsistent play has been our inconsistent defense, the Vancouver Canucks of the past do not play this sloppy.

Thank you God for both goaltenders or we would be excited about Jones right now.

AV doesn't but the fans sure do. Luongo has been ripped in previous years by fans all over the NHL for the controversy his comments stir up. I think it was one of the reasons for him losing his confidence...Luongo played best in Vancouver when all the fans were behind him (which was in his first years as a Canuck)

Not a big deal what he said. Although I do get the vibe from Schneider he really just plays for himself and cares about his performance and that is it.

Luongo definitely seems more of a team a guy and wants to win for this team and city still and the guys have more fun with him. Just what I think.

Schneider is just as prone to getting blown out as lu is. Lu had 2 shutouts in the finals and doesn't have a job here. I find it inexcusable that we haven't considered keeping Lu. It's a team game and our team hasn't been up to snuff at times in the playoffs.

Schneider is just as prone to getting blown out as lu is. Lu had 2 shutouts in the finals and doesn't have a job here. I find it inexcusable that we haven't considered keeping Lu. It's a team game and our team hasn't been up to snuff at times in the playoffs.

Not a big deal what he said. Although I do get the vibe from Schneider he really just plays for himself and cares about his performance and that is it.

Luongo definitely seems more of a team a guy and wants to win for this team and city still and the guys have more fun with him. Just what I think.

Schneider is a smart guy. He knows this game wasn't his fault. He's also too smart to throw his team under the bus and create a bit of lockerroom tension right on the eve of the playoffs.

That being said, it's incumbent on the rest of the team, especially the leaders, like the Sedins, Kesler and Bieksa, to relieve Schneider of the weight and the pressure, by shouldering the blame when the blame is theirs. In a nutshell, the polite thing for Schneider to do is tell the media that he should have made more saves and the polite thing for the players to do is tell the media "No, this game's on us. Cory did his part". That's how a functioning team operates.

Archived