The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"It's up to me to step up and make some of those saves at key moments. I didn't tonight."

Ugli Fruit

This is actually the worst interpretation of someone's words, ever.

He kept his composure during the interview and you say he's being monotone or emotionless?

He put blame on himself instead of his teammates and you say he's not classy?

You're embarrassing yourself here man.

As big a fanboy I am of Luongo, every goalie says this after a bad game. Sure he didn't play well in the key pressure moments and he's right - he played well when it didn't really matter (1st and 2nd) and played horribly when the game is on the line (start of the 3rd period tied).

Cup winning goalies aren't consistently good goaltenders - they're clutch guys who make key saves at key times. No goalie has played a perfect 20-something games during their cup run, even Tim Thomas was lit up against Montreal and Tampa Bay, but he posted the big games when it matters most.

Right now, Luongo is far better than Schneider at playing well WHEN it matters most. He's just simply better adjusted to the pressure of the NHL because of experience, Schneider will too but it'll take time.

I love how all the Ginger lovers come out to defend his poor play after a loss with the same excuses Luongo fans have used to defend him.

I agree with the OP, Schnieder is not the model of consistancy that all you CS dick riders claim him to be.

We have heard on far too many occasions "It's up to me to step up and make some of those saves at key moments. I didn't tonight"

He plays 5-6 good games and then falls on his face.

Sorry Ginger Fanboi's it's time for you to all realize that CS is the goalie of the future BUT he's not the perfect goalie you all think he is/was.

It's just a matter of time before you turn face and start calling for his head.

I predict CS will get tired of constantly taking the blame (as Luongo did) and eventually call the rest of the team out.

"That statement, to me, sounds like a politically correct way of saying, "I didn't do my job." It's sugarcoated, and it's a way of lying to the public"

Ummm.... He explained his job and he owned up to the fact he wasn't able to accomplish his job. How is that sugarcoated or a lie?

wow...

Wow, where have we seen this movie before.... Goalie graveyard part 2

Everyone was on the Lou bandwagon when he got here, could do no wrong, total professional, played fantastic and got us to game 7 of the finals and because AV decides to go with Corey during our first round exit and the media does the usual blow it out of proportion, 90% of the fans (it seems) turns on Lou, regardless of what he has done for this franchise.

Corey is a total professional, was a great backup and played some fantastic games this season as well, but he is the 'flavor of the month' right now and as soon as he starts making mistakes and performing like he did last night (regardless of the team playing crappy in front of him), 'fans' will want to burn him at the stake.

As soon as everyone realizes he is not the second coming of Jesus, they will turn on him the same way they did Lou.

I love how all the Ginger lovers come out to defend his poor play after a loss with the same excuses Luongo fans have used to defend him.

I agree with the OP, Schnieder is not the model of consistancy that all you CS dick riders claim him to be.

We have heard on far too many occasions "It's up to me to step up and make some of those saves at key moments. I didn't tonight"

He plays 5-6 good games and then falls on his face.

Sorry Ginger Fanboi's it's time for you to all realize that CS is the goalie of the future BUT he's not the perfect goalie you all think he is/was.

It's just a matter of time before you turn face and start calling for his head.

I predict CS will get tired of constantly taking the blame (as Luongo did) and eventually call the rest of the team out.

Guest Pinchin

Our new fan mascot should be a Lemming, then it would justify why so many fans freak out and run off a cliff while scores others blindly follow. Cory had a terrible 3rd, as did the defense in front of him, as did the forwards who lost compete, as did AV who can't help but make massive line change combinations weeks before the playoffs. Cory Schneider is a good goalie, so is Luongo, if you can't see that, you are seeing what you want to see, not reality.

There is far too much pressure on our defense and our goaltending, just like there has been all season long, because our forwards have been quite thin... All season long.

Putting Roy on Kesler's wing makes me want to punch AV in the mouth.

What? We can't have three lines anymore because of the injury to Higgins? Meaning this team revolves around Higgins?!? If so, WE ARE FRACKED!

I've said this in many threads. For the record, I am a big Luongo fan and I believe he should be the starter.

That being said, tonight was not Schneider's fault. The team played terrible in front.

I hated seeing Luongo being blamed for the team's breakdowns, and I hate seeing it with Schneider now.

Of course he's gonna own up to it - he's supposed to be the last line of defense. But at times, it seemed like he was our only line of defense - and this happened with Luongo too many times as well. And IMO this is the burden that falls on the starting goaltender of this team since Luongo exceeded expectations in 2007.

2 years from now, I am going to freaking laugh so hard when Schneider is showing exactly what Lu gave us before his big contract signing, good stretch of reg season games with moment lapses that causes the team games, and he is asking for a long term big ticket contract.

Get ready Gillis, you are going to offer Schneider 8 years, 50 mil deal with a No Movement Clause. Hmm...where did I hear this before...

Luongo has had his 2 chances against Detroit, do you remember how they turned out? Do you remember how the playoffs have turned out with Luongo? I recall a number of games that looked very similar to the one we saw against Dallas.

Schneider didn't have a great game last night, but at least that wasn't an elimination game in the playoffs. He's our guy going forward. Learn to deal with it.

2 years from now, I am going to freaking laugh so hard when Schneider is showing exactly what Lu gave us before his big contract signing, good stretch of reg season games with moment lapses that causes the team games, and he is asking for a long term big ticket contract.

Get ready Gillis, you are going to offer Schneider 8 years, 50 mil deal with a No Movement Clause. Hmm...where did I hear this before...

Very few goalies in the NHL put the blame on themselves. That is an extremely difficult thing to do. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but Luongo nor Dan Cloutier or even Kirk Mclean will blame themselves. They will just say nothing.

we are very fortunate to have a guy like Cory. Even at work, when I screw up, I have too much pride to actually admit it, even apologize.

Schneider is one class individual and I am grateful the Canucks have him on the team.

Archived