The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire AV

Canucks_Hockey_101

Of course. But it is really no different than the spike in hate/love for either goalie depending on which one was awesome or crap the bed that day, the immediate calls for players to be benched, traded, waived, or shot and pissed on after one mistake, or the multiple threads about how this person is a fan and that one is not because of how they choose to view the team win or lose.

90% of the people who post here are reactive fans who really know only the most basic things about hockey. The nuances of a coach's actual job would escape them. That's why no coach is as perfect or as brutal as 90% of the arguments about it suggest.

At least this thread does have some valid reasons. Some not so valid ones too and some conjecture. But it beats a lot of the fire AV threads I have seen after losses for at least an effort at actual content to discuss.

While I don't agree with the OP in entirety, this team is too good to be blown out by the Stars. There's been numerous occasions where the team lacked a solid 60 minute effort.

Yes ultimately the players are responsible for executing on the ice, but if that's the reason the coach gets a pass, then whats the point of even having a coach? He is there to help "coach' and make the team play up to their potential. (which they are not)

Here's what I would do.

Clearly Kesler does not pass. So use him as a checking centre against the opposition's top lines. This means Kes will be happy because he will be playing against the other team's best line AND getting tons of icetime. Challenge Kes to be a + player against the other line. Pair him with other solid 2 way players that fit Kesler's type of game. Speedy North South attack with lots of shots, driving the net and rebound opportunities. Someone like Hansen would suit that role.As for the other winger, I would prob go with Raymond. So there's your "checking line" that's pretty much getting the ice time of a 1st or 2nd line. And no, Kassian is too slow and not defensively sound enough for this role.

Use the Sedins as is with Burrows as they have the best chemistry together

3rdly, Roy is a centre and is a waste playing with Kes. Yes they clicked 1st game but they dont have chemistry together.

Play Roy with Kassian and Higgins (when he's back). Until then, either call up Shroeder and play him on wing OR dare I say, promote Dale Weise...gross

4th line Sestito Lapierre Pinizzotto.until Higgins returns, then move Weise down to 4th and bump one of the wingers

As for defence, really? You are going to keep the Barker Edler pairing???

Hamhuis and Garrison have been a steady shutdown pair.

I would prob go with

Hamhuis Garrison

Edler Alberts

Ballard Barker

Hopefully Juice and Tanev come back quickly.

While I don't agree with the OP in entirety, this team is too good to be blown out by the Stars. There's been numerous occasions where the team lacked a solid 60 minute effort.

Yes ultimately the players are responsible for executing on the ice, but if that's the reason the coach gets a pass, then whats the point of even having a coach? He is there to help "coach' and make the team play up to their potential. (which they are not)

Here's what I would do.

Clearly Kesler does not pass. So use him as a checking centre against the opposition's top lines. This means Kes will be happy because he will be playing against the other team's best line AND getting tons of icetime. Challenge Kes to be a + player against the other line. Pair him with other solid 2 way players that fit Kesler's type of game. Speedy North South attack with lots of shots, driving the net and rebound opportunities. Someone like Hansen would suit that role.As for the other winger, I would prob go with Raymond. So there's your "checking line" that's pretty much getting the ice time of a 1st or 2nd line. And no, Kassian is too slow and not defensively sound enough for this role.

Use the Sedins as is with Burrows as they have the best chemistry together

3rdly, Roy is a centre and is a waste playing with Kes. Yes they clicked 1st game but they dont have chemistry together.

Play Roy with Kassian and Higgins (when he's back). Until then, either call up Shroeder and play him on wing OR dare I say, promote Dale Weise...gross

4th line Sestito Lapierre Pinizzotto.until Higgins returns, then move Weise down to 4th and bump one of the wingers

As for defence, really? You are going to keep the Barker Edler pairing???

Hamhuis and Garrison have been a steady shutdown pair.

I would prob go with

Hamhuis Garrison

Edler Alberts

Ballard Barker

Hopefully Juice and Tanev come back quickly.

Archived