The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian as a hockey player

KelVintage

No vision. Can't skate faster than an average person at the local rink. No hands. Poor decision-making skills. Big body but doesn't use it effectively. He is almost completely useless out there.

I can't believe Gillis traded Cody Hodgson for this plug.

Hodgson: 44 games - 14 G - 17 A - 31 P - minus 2 (82 game season - around 50-60 points, no sophomore slump here!)

Kassian: 35 games - 6 G - 3 A - 9 P - minus 7 (82 game season - around 15-25 points)

Just awful....Both play 15 to 20 minutes a night, well they did for the first half of the season, Kassian has been demoted to the third line because of his awful play.

Yes, I know that Hodgson is awful at playing defense as well but he can't possibly be worse than Kassian. Zack will keep getting chances and playing time, much like Edler, because Gillis doesn't want to admit that he made a mistake. Pathetic.

I hope both Gillis and A.V. are fired before the start of the next season. A.V. poisoned the well before Hodgson was ever settled. They closed the window for a Stanley Cup themselves...what a travesty. Not saying Cody would have been our savior but he would have been an ideal 3rd-line centre and pushed Kes to play better. Nothing makes a player work harder than a young guy nipping at his heels. Kassian will never be the guy that management wants him to be. Too lazy. What a damn shame.

Do you realize that other than our 4th line guys we have no toughness on our team? MG acquired Kassian because he gives our top 6/9 toughness for plenty of years to come. If people think we have issues with playing bigger teams like St.Louis we NEED a guy like Kassian to stand up and play physical hockey so we don't get beaten to death by the bigger, tougher teams in this league. Plus, he was producing well with the Sedins early in the year, and ultimately he belongs on that line.

Both play 15-20 minutes a night? :lol:

Lol, not even close. Kassian gets 10 minutes a night if he's lucky. Playing alongside superstar Andrew Ebbett.

Hodgson gets first line minutes with Vanek and gets first unit powerplay time.

Until Kassian gets to play in a similar role, it's not fair to compare the two.

Oh my god. For the love of Jesus H. Christ

LET

IT

GO!!

We traded for Kassian because he was something we needed, a potential top six power forward. He's just 22 years old for crying out loud. Power forwards take more time to develop than snipers/playmakers/two-forwards etc.

Kassian sucks lol we don't have the luxury to wait on this brick of a player to actually do something for us. He plays with no energy at all and I'm not saying its completely his fault but I believe that gillis could have made a better trade and got someone a little more nhl ready. Our roster consists of players that are nhl ready and hungry for the cup and then we have this pylon who needs a separate coach just for himself to keep him motivated.

Both play 15-20 minutes a night? :lol:

Lol, not even close. Kassian gets 10 minutes a night if he's lucky. Playing alongside superstar Andrew Ebbett.

Hodgson gets first line minutes with Vanek and gets first unit powerplay time.

Until Kassian gets to play in a similar role, it's not fair to compare the two.

lol - you can't expect a guy thats suppose to be a powerful top 6 forward to be the same impactful player playing bottom 3 minutes... the comparisons are even dumber when you got a guy playing in the top 3 ...and comparing him to a bottom 3 player when he clearly doesn't belong there..

to get BURROWS going this year- we threw him back on the first line with the sedins because all three of them were a bit slow at the beginning - but Kassian was playing awesome with the sedins.. its not his fault..

give your head a shake.

put him top 6 - and he will produce.. not between fu cking EBBETT are you kidding me?

you can put a bonafide star with EBBETT and he won't have as nearly as many points as he would playing with someone actually good.

lol - you can't expect a guy thats suppose to be a powerful top 6 forward to be the same impactful player playing bottom 3 minutes... the comparisons are even dumber when you got a guy playing in the top 3 ...and comparing him to a bottom 3 player when he clearly doesn't belong there..

to get BURROWS going this year- we threw him back on the first line with the sedins because all three of them were a bit slow at the beginning - but Kassian was playing awesome with the sedins.. its not his fault..

give your head a shake.

put him top 6 - and he will produce.. not between fu cking EBBETT are you kidding me?

you can put a bonafide star with EBBETT and he won't have as nearly as many points as he would playing with someone actually good.

Archived