The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian as a hockey player

KelVintage

No vision. Can't skate faster than an average person at the local rink. No hands. Poor decision-making skills. Big body but doesn't use it effectively. He is almost completely useless out there.

I can't believe Gillis traded Cody Hodgson for this plug.

Hodgson: 44 games - 14 G - 17 A - 31 P - minus 2 (82 game season - around 50-60 points, no sophomore slump here!)

Kassian: 35 games - 6 G - 3 A - 9 P - minus 7 (82 game season - around 15-25 points)

Just awful....Both play 15 to 20 minutes a night, well they did for the first half of the season, Kassian has been demoted to the third line because of his awful play.

Yes, I know that Hodgson is awful at playing defense as well but he can't possibly be worse than Kassian. Zack will keep getting chances and playing time, much like Edler, because Gillis doesn't want to admit that he made a mistake. Pathetic.

I hope both Gillis and A.V. are fired before the start of the next season. A.V. poisoned the well before Hodgson was ever settled. They closed the window for a Stanley Cup themselves...what a travesty. Not saying Cody would have been our savior but he would have been an ideal 3rd-line centre and pushed Kes to play better. Nothing makes a player work harder than a young guy nipping at his heels. Kassian will never be the guy that management wants him to be. Too lazy. What a damn shame.

I hang this on Gillis.

His statements about Kass raised the expectations of everyone. Throw in the fact that he was traded for our star-in-the-making Cody, whom we had been following from the time he'd been drafted and watched develop before our eyes, then add to this AV's inability to put him in the right situation for success and you get what we're seeing now.

Gillis should have just been straight up and said this is a futures deal and sent him to the minors immediately.

I just hope we don't ruin him for good.

Even though he hit the post, at least Kassian generated a chance, what did anyone else do (other than Roy)? I suppose if we still had Cody he would have buried at least 3 to tie it up in the third....

The whole team played like crap, starting from the net out.

I kind of have to laugh at those that are always complaining about the timing of the trade. It's like children wanting instant gratification and can't wait until after dinner for ice cream. Cody wanted a trade, he got traded for another player. I'm sure Gillis was thinking more about he future than going all in at that time, just like he's not hell bent on winning this year either. He has the responsiblity to keep this business moving forward year after year. People think you can just decide to win a cup, or not. :)

He tells all the kids that the trade was made to make us better at the time last year. Well that's just a bold faced lie that anyone with a bit of life experience can see. But everyone treats it as gospel and cries about it every time this subject comes up. Cry me a river. I agree eventually he may have to go all in but the shortsightness of some of the people here is stunning.

No vision. Can't skate faster than an average person at the local rink. No hands. Poor decision-making skills. Big body but doesn't use it effectively. He is almost completely useless out there.

Hodgson: 44 games - 14 G - 17 A - 31 P - minus 2 (82 game season - around 50-60 points, no sophomore slump here!)

Kassian: 35 games - 6 G - 3 A - 9 P - minus 7 (82 game season - around 15-25 points)

Just awful....Both play 15 to 20 minutes a night, well they did for the first half of the season, Kassian has been demoted to the third line because of his awful play.

Yes, I know that Hodgson is awful at playing defense as well but he can't possibly be worse than Kassian. Zack will keep getting chances and playing time, much like Edler, because Gillis doesn't want to admit that he made a mistake. Pathetic.

I hope both Gillis and A.V. are fired before the start of the next season. A.V. poisoned the well before Hodgson was ever settled. They closed the window for a Stanley Cup themselves...what a travesty. Not saying Cody would have been our savior but he would have been an ideal 3rd-line centre and pushed Kes to play better. Nothing makes a player work harder than a young guy nipping at his heels. Kassian will never be the guy that management wants him to be. Too lazy. What a damn shame.

Oh look ,it is a Gillis blabber brain supporter stuttering nonsense.

Retaining a multi million dollar per annum position, defective with a personality and attitude that should not front a massive public corporation,and should never lend itself to undermining your employees,especially young employees that were already mishandled and shown disrespect are the real issues.

Gillis could have developed Cody as Cody had zero decisional rights as a rookie,but instead decided to throw him to shed himself of the bungled record of his staff and disrespect shown him within the organisation.

This whole fiasco was a disgrace and there is only one man that holds the responsibility for it all.

Guest Pinchin

Oh look, it's nuck nit with another "fire Gillis" comment. Face it, we don't agree on this. I feel they were warranted in moving Hodgson if the stories as presented are true. I'm guessing we will never really know however I would have thought Cody's agent or someone would have made a comment that MG's comments were false regarding pushing for more ice time or being moved.

I quite liked watching Cody and was shocked and disappointed when the trade happened. Still I'm tired of fans continuing to whine about it and throw Kassian under the bus just like a bunch of people that called Hodgson a bust.

Both play 15-20 minutes a night? :lol:

Lol, not even close. Kassian gets 10 minutes a night if he's lucky. Playing alongside superstar Andrew Ebbett.

Hodgson gets first line minutes with Vanek and gets first unit powerplay time.

Until Kassian gets to play in a similar role, it's not fair to compare the two.

I definitely disagree with the ops assessment that kass is an awful player, but he's definitely not ready. He should be in he A getting top line minute developing.

Unfair or not, kassian will always be compared to hodgson. The trade itself is a terrible one and not a single thing anyone says will change that. They trades a player that could help us now and be an impact for someone far from ready and whom is a question mark.

This seems to be our managements biggest problem; judgement of talent. Can be traced back to the bernier trade, Ballard trade, Booth, claiming that Jensen is NHL ready and can step in and help a team right away, same said with kassian. These guys seriously don't have a clue when it comes to gauging a players skill/potential.

Kassian will be an inconsistent second liner 40-50 pt player that shows flashes of brilliance here and there . I think he will be a serviceable player for us and I really do like the kid, but the trade made absolutely zero sense and those defending it are doing so blindly and seriously, don't have a clue.

I just wish he played with more energy right now, like Gallagher etc.

Is he still that out of shape, didn't he work on his conditioning all summer?

He floats too much sometimes, last game he was good though.

Edit:

This seems to be our managements biggest problem; judgement of talent. Can be traced back to the bernier trade, Ballard trade, claiming that Jensen is NHL ready and can step in and help a team right away, same said with kassian. These guys seriously don't have a clue when it comes to gauging a players skill/potential.

Archived