69 replies to this topic

#1 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Gillis: No excuse for some of the mental errors and mistakes made yesterday. He said its realy difficult to manage fatigure levels and especially difficult when key members of team are out. As game went on team was mentally unaware and simply made errors. It is unacceptable

BMAC- what do you think of Zack Kassian

Gillis:He is a young player, there will be ups and downs with youngins. If you look around the league and history there is a miniscule # of players that achieve what they are going to achieve for rest of their time. It is going to take time to get consistency and with 99.7% of youngins it takes time

Don Taylor: What did you learn about team in STL

Gillis We were missing 2 dman who play about 20 mins about a time. If you take those players otu of lineup opponents can really exploit your team. The boys layed a solid physical game.

*MY NOTE- Oshie was missing for STL but of course that isnt mentioned

DT: When will tanev and bieksa be back

Gillis: Tanevs walking boot should be coming off in a few days, higgins should be back soon as he is skating. Bieksa is day to day and not sure when he will be back but maybe this weekend or next week (seemed unsure)

DT: AHL has approved Canucks deal with Peioria Rivermen and where will this team play?

Gillis: We would like to have team close to our territory so we can utilize all our resources and run it in a manner that is closely affilated with nucks organization. Hopefult to have team in west and hopeful that it will be close to the Canucks (seems like he REALLY WANTS TEAM IN ABBY)

#2 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

POPULAR

Thanks for the summary. Gillis is in denial.

#3 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Bring the team to the north shore!!! The ahl team off course...
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#4 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,408 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for posting this; I also liked the STL game.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#5 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

POPULAR

how is it relevent that Oshie wasn't mentioned?
was Booth mentioned? but of course.... not?

#6 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Well at least it does not sound too bleak on the injury front..

#7 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Gillis: No excuse for some of the mental errors and mistakes made yesterday. He said its realy difficult to manage fatigure levels and especially difficult when key members of team are out. As game went on team was mentally unaware and simply made errors. It is unacceptable

Gillis:He is a young player, there will be ups and downs with youngins. If you look around the league and history there is a miniscule # of players that achieve what they are going to achieve for rest of their time. It is going to take time to get consistency and with 99.7% of youngins it takes time

Gillis We were missing 2 dman who play about 20 mins about a time. If you take those players otu of lineup opponents can really exploit your team. The boys layed a solid physical game.

Gillis: Tanevs walking boot should be coming off in a few days, higgins should be back soon as he is skating. Bieksa is day to day and not sure when he will be back but maybe this weekend or next week (seemed unsure)

DT: AHL has approved Canucks deal with Peioria Rivermen and where will this team play?

Gillis: We would like to have team close to our territory so we can utilize all our resources and run it in a manner that is closely affilated with nucks organization. Hopefult to have team in west and hopeful that it will be close to the Canucks (seems like he REALLY WANTS TEAM IN ABBY)

I don't think Gillis cares to comment on opposition teams. Further, 2 defencemen = 1/3 of a lineup, 1 forward = 1/12 of a lineup.

#8 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Glad Oshie wasn't playing.

Never knew it before untill I watched this vid, but damn that guy can hit. One of the better body checkers in the league. I always thought he was a soft player lol.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#9 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,564 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

The farm team should be in Victoria :)

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#10 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

My point is he used the injuries in many ways as an excuse. To me thats wrong. All teams have injuries and thats just how it works. It isnt like the Canucks were decimated as compared to STL

#11 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

I wish he were playing lol....

#12 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

My point is he used the injuries in many ways as an excuse. To me thats wrong. All teams have injuries and thats just how it works. It isnt like the Canucks were decimated as compared to STL

St Louis
T.J.Oshie
Langenbrunner

Vancouver
tanev
booth
higgins
bieksa

#13 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,006 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Good news from the Vancouver Canuck Triage Department.
Posted Image

#14 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

"If you look around the league and history there is a miniscule # of players that achieve what they are going to achieve for rest of their time. It is going to take time to get consistency and with 99.7% of youngins it takes time"

Well that just makes me question why he sold Kassian as immediate help for the play-off drive. Make up your mind MG.

#15 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Glad Oshie wasn't playing.

Never knew it before untill I watched this vid, but damn that guy can hit. One of the better body checkers in the league. I always thought he was a soft player lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEOMceb3Ov4

Dude Oshie is an animal - a straight up beast. One of the best hitters in the game today. He's not a tall guy but built like a tank and pretty much impossible to knock off his feet. He's like a rock.

LOL NASH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAOITsia6HE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmCMS0v-tB0

Edited by Dasein, 19 April 2013 - 03:55 PM.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#16 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

I really hate hearing MG and Gillman make excuses for the team. Every team has travel fatigue and injuries. The biggest concern is the inability to match teams intensity and physicality for 60 min. All said I still believe we can get on a roll and do some damage. Such a shame that some of our young guns with size and grit are not able to provide the kind of depth Saad, Shaw and Kruger have for the Hawks.

#17 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,946 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

I was typing up a summary before I saw this, but here it is with the actual interview link as well:

Gillis on Team1040 today:
  • Talked about NHL alerts around events like the Boston Marathon bombings.
  • Game last night, was it a tired club, injuries, or what? No excuse for mental errors made, but whole league may have teams with win streaks or losing streaks, we made errors though and not acceptable.
  • Kassian and his confidence? He's a young player, will have ups and downs, only a small number of young players step into this league and play well. It's going to take time to get to the consistency they want, same with 99% of the other young players, so they have to be patient.
  • What did they learn from St Louis? Missing two top D in Bieksa and Tanev, gives teams opportunities to exploit weaknesses but we tried to play still. Going to have issues losing those players though for any team, knew it would be a tough road trip as well. Need to be better though.
  • Higgins has been skating so hopefully back soon.
  • Tanev has a walking boot still but should be off in the next few days.
  • Bieksa is day to day, but should be back this weekend or after the weekend.
  • Roy is a good player, changes dimensions of lines for us. He's going to help us and has been.
  • Peoria deal approved, a number of possibilities for where they'll play next year but would like to have them closer. Probably won't make a decision for a few weeks, but hopeful to have them in the West if possible and closer to us.
  • With the reduced schedule, any back to backs in the playoffs? Hope not, but not sure.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#18 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

It went down to a spectacle skills competition.... incase you didn't realize THERE AREN'T SHOOTOUTS IN THE PLAYOFFS. Its also not like the Canucks were blown out 8-1 either. There is nothing to excuse cause they picked up a point and if we do see them in the playoffs they don't get to win in a shootout.
Posted Image

#19 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

POPULAR

bunch of stupid dumbass Canucks fans we have here. What do you expect MIke gillis to say? Throw the entire under the Bus? YOu know stuff like that is totally unacceptable and no GM's in the leauge would throw their team under the bus like you stupid idiot dumbass Canucks fans are saying. If you don't like what Gillis is saying on Team 1040 don't listen! Bunch of whinning Canucks fans.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#20 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,378 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Good to hear Tanev and Higgins are getting better.

Also yeah we played a good physical game against St.louis.

Subbancopy.jpg

#21 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Gillis whines about injuries and fatigue every time he talks to the media. He should just GM another freakin' team. All he does is enable all the people here who generate piles of excuses for this team.

You know who isn't injured? The Coach. Where's his accountability?
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#22 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

This....just like we hear from the Canucks every year when they flame out in the playoffs. I don't like the excuse making from Gillis to AV to the players. If the team relies on two 2nd pair type dmen that much then maybe Gillis should get off his ass and bring in some better players and a coaching staff who will actually use them properly.

#23 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

bunch of stupid dumbass Canucks fans we have here. What do you expect MIke gillis to say? Throw the entire under the Bus? YOu know stuff like that is totally unacceptable and no GM's in the leauge would throw their team under the bus like you stupid idiot dumbass Canucks fans are saying. If you don't like what Gillis is saying on Team 1040 don't listen! Bunch of whinning Canucks fans.

Except for yourself, of course. The one ray light, hope and justice in the quagmire of rot, deceit and decay.

It's not like you are cherrypicking and generalizing everyone based off a few posts you don't like, of course. You are our savoir and we hail your presence. I give you your moment in the sun, oh wise one and ask you a humble question.

If the board was yours, what would we all be allowed to post about?

PS: I agree that GMMG shouldn't throw players under the bus and demoralize them, it's your generalizing I take issue with.

Edited by TimberWolf, 19 April 2013 - 06:59 PM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#24 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

We lose = This team sucks, Gillis is in denial.

We win = We're back!, this team is getting in to form at the perfect time, (insert player) is back!

CDC = Typical

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#25 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Gillis: No excuse for some of the mental errors and mistakes made yesterday. He said its realy difficult to manage fatigure levels (exuse) and especially difficult when key members of team are out (excuse). As game went on team was mentally unaware and simply made errors. It is unacceptable

Gillis We were missing 2 dman (excuse) who play about 20 mins about a time. If you take those players otu of lineup opponents can really exploit your team. The boys layed a solid physical game.

Gillis: We would like to have team close to our territory so we can utilize all our resources and run it in a manner that is closely affilated with nucks organization. Hopefult to have team in west and hopeful that it will be close to the Canucks (seems like he REALLY WANTS TEAM IN ABBY) (travel is always a Gillis excuse)

Edited by Joe_Shmo, 19 April 2013 - 07:11 PM.

Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#26 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Oshie scores; Booth doesn't do jack.

Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard enough and believe in yourself.

#27 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

We lose = This team sucks, Gillis is in denial.

We win = We're back!, this team is getting in to form at the perfect time, (insert player) is back!

CDC = Typical

He's blaming the losses on us having our key players out. Last I checked, St. Louis didn't have Oshie playing, and Dallas traded all their good players, yet we still lost in convincing fashion. Yes we don't have Bieksa, Tanev, and Higgins (Booth is irrelevant), but does that mean we shouldn't be able to score more than 1 goal? We did acquire Roy to provide scoring, and we did just get Kesler back. Furthermore, do we blame the players who weren't playing for how the team played? Even with those injuries we are undoubtedly more skilled than both St. Louis and Dallas but we still lost. Also, we have the size to compete with St. Louis, but it looked like we were being dominated physically later on in the game.

IMO he fails to realize the lack of determination of this team.

Edited by Blömqvist, 19 April 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#28 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,595 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

He's blaming the losses on us having our key players out. Last I checked, St. Louis didn't have Oshie playing, and Dallas traded all their good players, yet we still lost in convincing fashion. Yes we don't have Bieksa, Tanev, and Higgins (Booth is irrelevant), but does that mean we shouldn't be able to score more than 1 goal? We did acquire Roy to provide scoring, and we did just get Kesler back. Furthermore, do we blame the players who weren't playing for how the team played? Even with those injuries we are undoubtedly more skilled than both St. Louis and Dallas but we still lost. Also, we have the size to compete with St. Louis, but it looked like we were being dominated physically (especially later on in the game).

IMO he fails to realize the lack of determination of this team.

last time I check, Dallas is still fighting to get into the playoff as the 9th seed and is losing to STL tonight.

The canucks has way more key players out than Dallas, including Booth, Tanev, Bieksa and Higgins. So seriously, i still can't see wtf you are bringing up Dallas in your argument as the situation is totally different than the Canucks

#29 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

last time I check, Dallas is still fighting to get into the playoff as the 9th seed and is losing to STL tonight.

The canucks has way more key players out than Dallas, including Booth, Tanev, Bieksa and Higgins. So seriously, i still can't see wtf you are bringing up Dallas in your argument as the situation is totally different than the Canucks

Dallas traded away two top 6 forwards and a top 4 defenseman. They really only have one line that stands as an offensive threat and everyone else on that forward group are bottom 6 forwards or AHLers. We have Henrik, Daniel, Burrows, Roy, Kesler, Raymond, Hansen. We also have 2 bombs on the point with Edler and Garrison. We scored 1 goal, they scored 5.

The situation is relevant. Both the Canucks and Dallas are battling for a position. Dallas is battling to make the playoffs, whereas Vancouver is battling for the Northwest Division title. The situation describes how our group of skilled players can be outplayed and lose 5-1 to a team struggling to make the playoffs. On paper, our team shouldn't lose. That means that there is a problem with what is going on the ice. Our guys aren't playing in a focused/determined mindset, and it's costing us.

#30 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,595 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

Dallas traded away two top 6 forwards and a top 4 defenseman. They really only have one line that stands as an offensive threat and everyone else on that forward group are bottom 6 forwards or AHLers. We have Henrik, Daniel, Burrows, Roy, Kesler, Raymond, Hansen. We also have 2 bombs on the point with Edler and Garrison. We scored 1 goal, they scored 5.

The situation is relevant. Both the Canucks and Dallas are battling for a position. Dallas is battling to make the playoffs, whereas Vancouver is battling for the Northwest Division title. The situation describes how our group of skilled players can be outplayed and lose 5-1 to a team struggling to make the playoffs. On paper, our team shouldn't lose. That means that there is a problem with what is going on the ice. Our guys aren't playing in a focused/determined mindset, and it's costing us.

you can't judge how a team perform with a sample of one freaking game. This is the nature of sports. Players will have their ups and downs. Luck, player condition, and tons of ohter reasons will effect the outcome of the game.

Just because Dallas scored 5 goals on the canucks last night, it does NOT mean they are doing better than us.

how could you be watching hockey if you can't even understand this very simple concept? this isn't a video game. Bottom feeders will win against champion teams from time to time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.