The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis on 1040

canuckbeliever

Gillis whines about injuries and fatigue every time he talks to the media. He should just GM another freakin' team. All he does is enable all the people here who generate piles of excuses for this team.

You know who isn't injured? The Coach. Where's his accountability?

bunch of stupid dumbass Canucks fans we have here. What do you expect MIke gillis to say? Throw the entire under the Bus? YOu know stuff like that is totally unacceptable and no GM's in the leauge would throw their team under the bus like you stupid idiot dumbass Canucks fans are saying. If you don't like what Gillis is saying on Team 1040 don't listen! Bunch of whinning Canucks fans.

Gillis: No excuse for some of the mental errors and mistakes made yesterday. He said its realy difficult to manage fatigure levels (exuse) and especially difficult when key members of team are out (excuse). As game went on team was mentally unaware and simply made errors. It is unacceptable

BMAC- what do you think of Zack Kassian

Gillis:He is a young player, there will be ups and downs with youngins. If you look around the league and history there is a miniscule # of players that achieve what they are going to achieve for rest of their time. It is going to take time to get consistency and with 99.7% of youngins it takes time

Don Taylor: What did you learn about team in STL

Gillis We were missing 2 dman (excuse) who play about 20 mins about a time. If you take those players otu of lineup opponents can really exploit your team. The boys layed a solid physical game.

*MY NOTE- Oshie was missing for STL but of course that isnt mentioned

DT: When will tanev and bieksa be back

Gillis: Tanevs walking boot should be coming off in a few days, higgins should be back soon as he is skating. Bieksa is day to day and not sure when he will be back but maybe this weekend or next week (seemed unsure)

DT: AHL has approved Canucks deal with Peioria Rivermen and where will this team play?

Gillis: We would like to have team close to our territory so we can utilize all our resources and run it in a manner that is closely affilated with nucks organization. Hopefult to have team in west and hopeful that it will be close to the Canucks (seems like he REALLY WANTS TEAM IN ABBY) (travel is always a Gillis excuse)

He's blaming the losses on us having our key players out. Last I checked, St. Louis didn't have Oshie playing, and Dallas traded all their good players, yet we still lost in convincing fashion. Yes we don't have Bieksa, Tanev, and Higgins (Booth is irrelevant), but does that mean we shouldn't be able to score more than 1 goal? We did acquire Roy to provide scoring, and we did just get Kesler back. Furthermore, do we blame the players who weren't playing for how the team played? Even with those injuries we are undoubtedly more skilled than both St. Louis and Dallas but we still lost. Also, we have the size to compete with St. Louis, but it looked like we were being dominated physically (especially later on in the game).

IMO he fails to realize the lack of determination of this team.

last time I check, Dallas is still fighting to get into the playoff as the 9th seed and is losing to STL tonight.

The canucks has way more key players out than Dallas, including Booth, Tanev, Bieksa and Higgins. So seriously, i still can't see wtf you are bringing up Dallas in your argument as the situation is totally different than the Canucks

Dallas traded away two top 6 forwards and a top 4 defenseman. They really only have one line that stands as an offensive threat and everyone else on that forward group are bottom 6 forwards or AHLers. We have Henrik, Daniel, Burrows, Roy, Kesler, Raymond, Hansen. We also have 2 bombs on the point with Edler and Garrison. We scored 1 goal, they scored 5.

The situation is relevant. Both the Canucks and Dallas are battling for a position. Dallas is battling to make the playoffs, whereas Vancouver is battling for the Northwest Division title. The situation describes how our group of skilled players can be outplayed and lose 5-1 to a team struggling to make the playoffs. On paper, our team shouldn't lose. That means that there is a problem with what is going on the ice. Our guys aren't playing in a focused/determined mindset, and it's costing us.

bunch of stupid dumbass Canucks fans we have here. What do you expect MIke gillis to say? Throw the entire under the Bus? YOu know stuff like that is totally unacceptable and no GM's in the leauge would throw their team under the bus like you stupid idiot dumbass Canucks fans are saying. If you don't like what Gillis is saying on Team 1040 don't listen! Bunch of whinning Canucks fans.

you can't judge how a team perform with a sample of one freaking game. This is the nature of sports. Players will have their ups and downs. Luck, player condition, and tons of ohter reasons will effect the outcome of the game.

Just because Dallas scored 5 goals on the canucks last night, it does NOT mean they are doing better than us.

how could you be watching hockey if you can't even understand this very simple concept? this isn't a video game. Bottom feeders will win against champion teams from time to time.

BMAC- what do you think of Zack Kassian

Gillis:He is a young player, there will be ups and downs with youngins. If you look around the league and history there is a miniscule # of players that achieve what they are going to achieve for rest of their time. It is going to take time to get consistency and with 99.7% of youngins it takes time.

I do realize that it happens from time to time, but in games leading up to the playoffs we should not be losing to bottom feeders; rather, we should be looking to dominate and build momentum. Our game should ideally be near flawless at this point (or sometime soon thereafter) if we want to make a serious run at the cup. Our offense should be able to score more than one goal. Our defence should not be coughing up pucks.

This is good discussion. However the central theme keeps coming back to playing a full 60min. . I dont think I have ever seen a team play a full 60 min. There are going to be ups and downs and momentum swings. If you try to bare down and play 60min the same way you choke off any creativity and flow the game might generate. It all comes down to dump and chase and special teams.

I think MG was right about fatigue. He cant admit its an excuse but it really is. When we smoke teams under those circumstances we dont think we are honestly that much better. We went down to Anaheim and pasted the ducks 5-0 so we should sweep them in the playoffs?

Red wings have scored 15 goals against us in 2 games so we might as well fold against them and not even bother show up?

Every team has fatigue . Every team has injuries, so it evens out . But yes, on an individual game basis, those are reasonable excuses as to why your team fell flat.

I know the Canucks are better than that. I am not worried.

Archived