The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Won't be voting in Provincial Election and done supporting NDP

J529

My reasons are the following:

Contacted NDP asking some Election Issues and where exactly they stand on them. I've received one response that they would get back to me. I've heard nothing since then. They're very secretive. Reporters will ask Dix questions and he won't respond, but then says "I'm happy to answer your question" I've seen NDP candidates asked about issues and they respond with the same thing "I'll have to get back to you" Talk about totally disorganized and unprepared.

They still have yet to release the entire platform and Horgan was on TV claiming that it would be unvealed in the next 5 days.

Dix is making promises after promises which are going to cost alot of money. Instead he should be making promises on basic things such as Health Care, etc. Frankly, I think he's the wrong leader and said so in another Thread. He's not a very good speaker and of course the baggage he brings. I can see why now Dix turned down Clark's challenge for a one on one debate. Clark would have taken him to task.

NDP is flip floping on BC Ferries

NDP cowtowing to the BCTF by promising to hire 1,000 specialized classroom assistants.

If the NDP do win Election, it will only happen because people want change. And they will be a 1 term and done Government. But I also won't be surprised if NDP lose. Whoever is advising NDP are giving them terrible advice, along with unions pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Doesn't matter which party wins, it will be the same old bs. I can see why people don't care anymore and not vote.

Not surprised.

They're leading the polls and are basically sitting back in the third period to protect the lead.

The NDP scares me. I remember the last time they were in power and they set the Province back at least 10 years with their financial mismanagement. I've been willing to keep an open mind on them but from what I'm already seen, some of which you've mentioned, they're already starting down that same road.

Dix won't comment on his election plans for 1 reason, less lies to cover up later on. I'm glad some people are waking up and seeing the NDP for what they really are.

I just hope enough people wake up before it's too late and the NDP are in charge of BC

Yes the had to raise the Provincial Sales tax to 7% from 5% last time they were in ..... I sutter to think how we all will have to pay for all these things they have planed...just wish there was some other party to vote for...errrr...NONE OF THE ABOVE...lol

And getting rid of the HST was stupid. People were pissed off not at the tax itself, but how there was no mention about it during the election and it wasn't on the Liberals radar, which I don't believe. That was the whole point of the HST being defeated was people's anger.

And getting rid of the HST was stupid. People were pissed off not at the tax itself, but how there was no mention about it during the election and it wasn't on the Liberals radar, which I don't believe. That was the whole point of the HST being defeated was people's anger.

I know low income people who get the HST/GST Credit err rather now PST/GST and with the HST now gone, it's significantly reduced the payments. Let me say those people are not at happy about it. All the people I know, they voted to keep the HST for the vary reason of not having their Credit and cheques reduced.

Exactly. And for that the people of this province got taken for a ride by the NDP and Vander Zalm's personal vendetta against the liberals, both of whom have used that anger for their own political gain and not for the long term benefit of the province and the people who live here (and the HST most definitely would have been beneficial long term).

My reasons are the following:

Contacted NDP asking some Election Issues and where exactly they stand on them. I've received one response that they would get back to me. I've heard nothing since then. They're very secretive. Reporters will ask Dix questions and he won't respond, but then says "I'm happy to answer your question" I've seen NDP candidates asked about issues and they respond with the same thing "I'll have to get back to you" Talk about totally disorganized and unprepared.

They still have let to released the entire platform and Horgan was on TV claiming that it would be unvealed in the next 5 days.

Dix is making promises after promises which are going to cost alot of money. Instead he should be making promises on basic things such as Health Care, etc. Frankly, I think he's the wrong leader and said so in another Thread. He's not a very good speaker and of course the baggage he brings. I can see why now Dix turned down Clark's challenge for a one on one debate. Clark would have taken him to task.

NDP is flip floping on BC Ferries

NDP cowtowering to the BCTF by promising to hire 1,000 specialized classroom assistants.

If the NDP do win Election, it will only happen because people want change. And they will be a 1 term and done Government. But I also won't be surprised if NDP lose. Whoever is advising NDP are giving them terrible advice, along with unions pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Doesn't matter which party wins, it will be the same old bs. I can see why people don't care anymore and not vote.

And if the BC NDP are elected, the joke will be on those who voted against the HST because that miniscule temporary tax increase for some will be nothing compared to what the BC NDP will be needing to raise in taxes across the board.

Archived