122 replies to this topic

#1 Outsiders

Outsiders

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

We all know David Booth is overpaid, but he is a great player when healthy. Do you people hate David Booth because he's always hurt so much or am I missing something. Cause when he's in the lineup he hits hard and plays hard. He looked good in the games be played in this year. Explain yourselves ...

bhzi9k.jpg

Hunter Shinkaruk - Eddie Lack - Jake Virtanen 

Your next Generation of Canucks 

Credit To -Vintage Canuck-

#2 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

He doesn't score enough goals to deserve a spot on our second line let alone another teams second line, and that makes his CAP even more atrocious, can't wait till we buy him out/trade him for picks in the off season.

#3 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

POPULAR

He looked good in the games be played in this year. Explain yourselves ...

1 empty net goal for 4.2 million dollars = looked good this year? Explain yourself.....

#4 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

1 empty net goal for 4.2 million dollars = looked good this year? Explain yourself.....

This.

#5 Proballhockeyplayer

Proballhockeyplayer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

whell dont really want to blame him i mean he did have injurys just hope he will be like last year in the playoffs
Posted Image

Thanks Vintage Canucks For The SIG

#6 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

He isn't producing enough like raymond last year so he become the whipping boy. If he starts producing every one is going to jump off the wagon and start saying he is good just as it happened with raymond. It is solely based on his production not how well he plays or how hard he plays.

Edited by hockeyking, 19 April 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#7 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Because he sucks.

#8 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Explain ourselves? Don't tell us what to do. Look at the facts and come to your own conclusions. But to point you in the right direction, consider looking at his stats and his contract.

DownUndaCanuck thinks Booth is worth every penny. Perhaps he'll weigh in.

#9 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

POPULAR

I think there is a stigma attached to him, not only is he not playing up to his 4.25M contract taking up valuable cap space (not at the moment but you know what I mean) but he also shares an opinion of a lot of American values that British Columbia tend to feel the opposite on.

BC is probably the most liberal province in the country with many citizens feeling pro-choice, pro-gay, ant-gun, anti-hunting, and can be considered quite secular. Booth comes off as the complete opposite and very open about these opinions. Not that that is his fault, he just happened to be traded to a team that A) dislikes a lot of these opinions and B) Has one of the most fanatical and critical fan bases in the league.

Personally, I don't hate him. He embraces his opinion on religion, guns, etc. but he isn't exactly like TT who comes of as a lunatic, Booth understands other people have their own opinions, and he seems to love the city.

I have heard rumors he pushes his ideals on teammates but that may just be speculation or false accusations.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#10 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

Don't you dare not tell me what not to do!

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#11 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

I like him, he always works hard and is probably our most physical forward. He definitely is overpaid though and needs to go next season, unless he has a crazy playoffs.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#12 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

I think there is a stigma attached to him, not only is he not playing up to his 4.25M contract taking up valuable cap space (not at the moment but you know what I mean) but he also shares an opinion of a lot of American values that British Columbia tend to feel the opposite on.

BC is probably the most liberal province in the country with many citizens feeling pro-choice, pro-gay, ant-gun, anti-hunting, and can be considered quite secular. Booth comes off as the complete opposite and very open about these opinions. Not that that is his fault, he just happened to be traded to a team that A) dislikes a lot of these opinions and B) Has one of the most fanatical and critical fan bases in the league.

Personally, I don't hate him. He embraces his opinion on religion, guns, etc. but he isn't exactly like TT who comes of as a lunatic, Booth understands other people have their own opinions, and he seems to love the city.

I have heard rumors he pushes his ideals on teammates but that may just be speculation or false accusations.

LOL @ pro gay. I actually do consider myself pro gay. I think gay people are cool. But I think "pro equality" is the term you want.

#13 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

Just found the Booth trade thread.

Man, we were all so happy that he was here.

October 2011: WOOOOOO!!!!!!! Gillis is god!!! Tallon must have been drunk!!!! :towel:

April 2013: Buy him out. He sucks. Overpaid. Can't score.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#14 Haikara

Haikara

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

To me the word isn't 'hate', it's more 'frustrating'.
He's got good speed and strength, resulting in good chances, but he just can't seem to translate that into points.
So it's frustrating watching him work hard to create all these chances and have no points to show for it.
Posted Image

#15 S.Gill

S.Gill

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

David Booth Sucks!
Posted Image (Pavel Datsyuk)'s Detroit Redwings! OCDC GM Connected 2013-2014!

#16 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

LOL @ pro gay. I actually do consider myself pro gay. I think gay people are cool. But I think "pro equality" is the term you want.

Yeah didn't even notice that myself, to anyone offended by that I meant equality of sexual orientation. Exam time makes me sleeepy.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#17 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,668 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

He's one of my favourite players, but frankly, he hasn't done much this year. I'd say that can mostly be blamed one injury problems though.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#18 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

October 2011: WOOOOOO!!!!!!! Gillis is god!!! Tallon must have been drunk!!!! :towel:

It was a great trade, but he's just not producing anymore, not that he ever really was producing a lot. Id be very happy to buy him out in the off-season, we have many guys that have already filled his spot, therefore he has no place on this team.

#19 lee goren rulez69

lee goren rulez69

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

damaged goods that has no hockey sense and can't score. would be a good player if he was on the 4th line making 1/4 his salary

#20 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

In the few games he's played this year he worked hard, drove the net and was physical. I feel like he had some bad puck luck as far as scoring but he could easily get on a roll when he comes back. He is definitely overpaid but there's nothing we can do about it now, so just let him do what he does on the ice.

#21 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

I haven't given up on Booth yet. He was showing so much effort and skills for several games before going down. He seems like a streaky scorer.

If the Canucks can get past the first round, he might just be the spark they need to light up round 2.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#22 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

damaged goods that has no hockey sense and can't score. would be a good player if he was on the 4th line making 1/4 his salary

That is a big problem, he seems to have lost that intangible "hockey sense" and this puts him into a position to get injured. Sort of like how Malhotra started putting himself in dangerous positions after the eye injury.

I have the same worry about Tanev, although a very calm and smooth skating player, he seems to get nailed more than the average defense man. Sooner or later he isn't just going to bounce back up like he has.

As for Booth, I sadly have given up on him a bit, I just feel like for 4.25M we could afford Tanev+Lapierre+ a 3rd line center instead.
-Edgar Allen Poe

#23 StopesisCanucks

StopesisCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Dont hate him, he is just damaged goods. Damaged goods shouldn't be worth his contract.

#24 Harvey Specter

Harvey Specter

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

The expectation to be a 1-2 or even a 1-2-3 punch with Kesler and Higgins as the AMEX Line didn't pan out well.

Having acquired a big, strong player going to the dirty areas for Sturm and Samuelsson seemed like a steal, but his score sheet contributions has been lacking especially for a player with his cap hit.

His effort off the score sheet ie. puck possession, hits (when recorded), has been decent but not great.

I know I am part of the minority to want to give him one more chance (a season without a slew of injuries).

Only time will tell.

291bxwy.jpgtumblr_myce7sZ0AT1r3j7m5o1_400.jpg

Shout out to -Vintage Canucks- for his flawless SS91 signature!

#25 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

-Overpaid
-American
-Disappointing
-Floater
-No-Chemistry
-Dont Care about your dog

#26 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Booth works hard, drives the net, hits and carries possession.

Injuries have seriously derailed his time with the Canucks. Last season he was on a 20/20 pace, which is his career average and all we can expect of him. League-wide, that's a middle-tier 2nd line player. Still overpaid, but useful.

If he was ever healthy, I think we'd see an effective middle-six player.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#27 Captain-Canuck2562

Captain-Canuck2562

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Decent player but has underachieved in Vancouver and his contract is way to much for what he provides.

#28 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

The expectation to be a 1-2 or even a 1-2-3 punch with Kesler and Higgins as the AMEX Line didn't pan out well.

Having acquired a big, strong player going to the dirty areas for Sturm and Samuelsson seemed like a steal, but his score sheet contributions has been lacking especially for a player with his cap hit.

His effort off the score sheet ie. puck possession, hits (when recorded), has been decent but not great.

I know I am part of the minority to want to give him one more chance (a season without a slew of injuries).

Only time will tell.

Wasn't a knock against Booth at all. Just thought it was funny how emotions can change like that.

I too would like to give Booth one more try.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#29 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

BC is probably the most liberal province in the country with many citizens feeling pro-choice, pro-gay, ant-gun, anti-hunting, and can be considered quite secular.

Just guessin' that you live in Van or Vic ::D .

As for the thread, Booth quite simply hasn't lived up to expectation. Multiple injuries, unable to finish, big price tag. People are just tired of waiting. I've liked what I've seen when he has played but he has to start filling the net. If he doesn't play and make an impact in the playoffs, he's done IMO.

#30 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

I like the way he plays, he generates a ton of chances.

He has lost his scoring touch for some reason though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.