The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why does everyone hate Booth?

Outsiders

We all know David Booth is overpaid, but he is a great player when healthy. Do you people hate David Booth because he's always hurt so much or am I missing something. Cause when he's in the lineup he hits hard and plays hard. He looked good in the games be played in this year. Explain yourselves ...

He isn't producing enough like raymond last year so he become the whipping boy. If he starts producing every one is going to jump off the wagon and start saying he is good just as it happened with raymond. It is solely based on his production not how well he plays or how hard he plays.

I think there is a stigma attached to him, not only is he not playing up to his 4.25M contract taking up valuable cap space (not at the moment but you know what I mean) but he also shares an opinion of a lot of American values that British Columbia tend to feel the opposite on.

BC is probably the most liberal province in the country with many citizens feeling pro-choice, pro-gay, ant-gun, anti-hunting, and can be considered quite secular. Booth comes off as the complete opposite and very open about these opinions. Not that that is his fault, he just happened to be traded to a team that A) dislikes a lot of these opinions and B) Has one of the most fanatical and critical fan bases in the league.

Personally, I don't hate him. He embraces his opinion on religion, guns, etc. but he isn't exactly like TT who comes of as a lunatic, Booth understands other people have their own opinions, and he seems to love the city.

I have heard rumors he pushes his ideals on teammates but that may just be speculation or false accusations.

I think there is a stigma attached to him, not only is he not playing up to his 4.25M contract taking up valuable cap space (not at the moment but you know what I mean) but he also shares an opinion of a lot of American values that British Columbia tend to feel the opposite on.

BC is probably the most liberal province in the country with many citizens feeling pro-choice, pro-gay, ant-gun, anti-hunting, and can be considered quite secular. Booth comes off as the complete opposite and very open about these opinions. Not that that is his fault, he just happened to be traded to a team that A) dislikes a lot of these opinions and B) Has one of the most fanatical and critical fan bases in the league.

Personally, I don't hate him. He embraces his opinion on religion, guns, etc. but he isn't exactly like TT who comes of as a lunatic, Booth understands other people have their own opinions, and he seems to love the city.

I have heard rumors he pushes his ideals on teammates but that may just be speculation or false accusations.

To me the word isn't 'hate', it's more 'frustrating'.

He's got good speed and strength, resulting in good chances, but he just can't seem to translate that into points.

So it's frustrating watching him work hard to create all these chances and have no points to show for it.

In the few games he's played this year he worked hard, drove the net and was physical. I feel like he had some bad puck luck as far as scoring but he could easily get on a roll when he comes back. He is definitely overpaid but there's nothing we can do about it now, so just let him do what he does on the ice.

Archived