The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why does everyone hate Booth?

Outsiders

I haven't given up on Booth yet. He was showing so much effort and skills for several games before going down. He seems like a streaky scorer.

If the Canucks can get past the first round, he might just be the spark they need to light up round 2.

Booth works hard, drives the net, hits and carries possession.

Injuries have seriously derailed his time with the Canucks. Last season he was on a 20/20 pace, which is his career average and all we can expect of him. League-wide, that's a middle-tier 2nd line player. Still overpaid, but useful.

If he was ever healthy, I think we'd see an effective middle-six player.

The expectation to be a 1-2 or even a 1-2-3 punch with Kesler and Higgins as the AMEX Line didn't pan out well.

Having acquired a big, strong player going to the dirty areas for Sturm and Samuelsson seemed like a steal, but his score sheet contributions has been lacking especially for a player with his cap hit.

His effort off the score sheet ie. puck possession, hits (when recorded), has been decent but not great.

I know I am part of the minority to want to give him one more chance (a season without a slew of injuries).

Only time will tell.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I don't hate Booth, I hate his contract.

To me the word isn't 'hate', it's more 'frustrating'.

He's got good speed and strength, resulting in good chances, but he just can't seem to translate that into points.

So it's frustrating watching him work hard to create all these chances and have no points to show for it.

He has the tools to be a great offensive player (size, speed, strength, a fairly powerful shot, a knack to get/drive to the net) but he doesn't use them effectively and on a regular basis. Add to that multiple injuries and his big price tag and it's fairly easy to see why not too many people are fond of him as a player.

Archived