The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why does everyone hate Booth?

Outsiders

I really like David Booth. I think he has potential to break out like Raymond, given the right linemates. He also uses his body effectivley, unlike alot of forwards in our top 9.

Obviously with the cap coming down, he's likely expendable, but Id much rather see both Ballard and Raymond gone before Booth. Would absolutley love to see him line up with a center like Roy, but I dont think Roy will be re-signing here, so there goes that option.

As a person Booth seems great.

I hate on him as a player because he was brought in to replace Samuelsson, a CLUTCH 30 goal scorer for us. He's done nothing since he got here other than eat salary cap space. So people hate on him.

This is a professional sports. A cutthroat business not a popularity contest. Only results matter so people hate on him.

I agree, people here are waaaaay too hard on Booth. He has the potential to be a real good 2nd line power forward

Last year was a transition year for him, plus he got injured for a month

This year he has been injured again.

If healthy, Booth definitely has the potential to be a 30 goal scorer. I think he deserves a full season next year to prove that. He has all the aspects of a clutch playoff performer.... speed, skill, grit (he has dropped em a few times), and can play a physical game.

Samuelsson was showing signs of decline, and Gillis had to act quickly to get something for him. What impressed me most was that we managed to get rid of Sturm, who had massive negative value. For anyone who criticize MG for trading Sturm after signing him, it was a trade or the AHL for him.

What people need to realize is that in Florida Booth was the number 1 option and the go-to guy. He is coming to a team where we have the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler and Edler as higher options . Then throw him on a line with Kesler and Raymond who are both 'shoot first' players and its gonna be tough for him to put up numbers like he was with the Panthers. Whats refreshing is that he isnt pouting or complaining and makes sure he works hard and puts effort in every shift.

What people need to realize is that in Florida Booth was the number 1 option and the go-to guy. He is coming to a team where we have the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler and Edler as higher options . Then throw him on a line with Kesler and Raymond who are both 'shoot first' players and its gonna be tough for him to put up numbers like he was with the Panthers. Whats refreshing is that he isnt pouting or complaining and makes sure he works hard and puts effort in every shift.

With all the injuries it's very hard to assess his value. The limited time he was healthy, he played well and added a new dimension to the Canucks play. His overall stats in the NHL are impressive (377-104-95-199). If we had seen that player over the past 2 years, fans would have been very happy with him.

Samuelsson was showing signs of decline, and Gillis had to act quickly to get something for him. What impressed me most was that we managed to get rid of Sturm, who had massive negative value. For anyone who criticize MG for trading Sturm after signing him, it was a trade or the AHL for him.

I think there is a stigma attached to him, not only is he not playing up to his 4.25M contract taking up valuable cap space (not at the moment but you know what I mean) but he also shares an opinion of a lot of American values that British Columbia tend to feel the opposite on.

BC is probably the most liberal province in the country with many citizens feeling pro-choice, pro-gay, ant-gun, anti-hunting, and can be considered quite secular. Booth comes off as the complete opposite and very open about these opinions. Not that that is his fault, he just happened to be traded to a team that A) dislikes a lot of these opinions and B) Has one of the most fanatical and critical fan bases in the league.

Personally, I don't hate him. He embraces his opinion on religion, guns, etc. but he isn't exactly like TT who comes of as a lunatic, Booth understands other people have their own opinions, and he seems to love the city.

I have heard rumors he pushes his ideals on teammates but that may just be speculation or false accusations.

Kinda reminds me of Steve Bernier who wasn't good enough even without the ridiculous cap hit. Sure Booth carries the puck more and generates more chances for himself, all this means nothing since he isn't producing.

You have heard rumours? David Booth is a victim of unfortunate circumstances.The Canucks are a better team with him in the lineup.

Way to use this thread to promote your obvious left wing ideals.

My turn.

Contrary to your baised opinions most folks in this province outside of Vancouver still embrace the conservitive values that built this great province.

Archived